Post your greatest academic achievement

Post your greatest academic achievement.

Attached: pepe.jpg (236x236, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vixra.org/abs/1712.0598
2occatl.net/1712.0598v2.pdf
drive.google.com/file/d/1sXrFZhMo9OjoauL0SgAvpSxD_8qaAYi0/view?usp=sharing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordian_Knot
vixra.org/abs/1602.0132
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

35 on ACT math and 3.5 GPA first year of college.

Figuring out the surface parameterization of a torus all by myself

35 on ACT and 3.9 GPA bitch

Published an article in journal before at senior year of HS.

>ACT
Leave this board brainlets.

I read some Wikipedia articles about mathematics and physics. Like the ENTIRE articles for a few of them.

Receiving a Bachelor of Arts from a private college with a major in mathematics (barely).

It was a journey. If there were a fire the diploma would be the first thing I would grab.

I hope to god it was a paper on English syntax.

Trolling weebs

PhD

Attached: TanMinusOneX.png (1110x914, 1.04M)

2150 on SAT and a 4.0 last semester of uni.

uhh 5s on AP Chemistry and AP US History

I have personally met and shook hands with Ed Witten.
More realistically, I got into a phd program for particle physics.

I almost got into GATE as a kid.

You can keep you're brainlet Witten, I met Jacob Barnett
On a more serious note, I have a few first author papers that we're about to send out for review. The journals range from pretty good to great. I know there are other undergrads who have something like 7 papers all in pretty good journals before graduation, but I'm still happy about it.

I got 2 4s on my 5th grade EOG

Attached: medium_128_936713813_33_H103628_L.jpg (388x500, 37K)

Got a 60k/year job with great benies and a promising career, having a cGPA of 2.2. muh mental health

graduated unfamous university which literally everyone asks where the uni is

Attached: 1516553812728.png (1208x720, 370K)

Just produced some novel research today in less than 24 hours. I'll probably try to do some more datasets tomorrow to go for publication
>I fucking love computational biology / bioinformatics

2 publications in a mid-tier journal and a top-tier conference in a niche cs field during my undergrad

nearly 1 year into my MS and nothing else since, lmfao

I had 6 first author publications by the time I started graduate school and got into the top lab in my subfield.

In calc for business class I found the derivative of eulers number to power nx without using the class-taught method of approximating it.
then we got to that the next week of class.

>bioinformatics
Why don't you just admit youre a male nurse

> finding the derivative of e^nx
> having to approximate it

Do they not teach you chain rule?

got a 100% on the first fluid dynamics exam.

like I said, we got to that stuff in the next week of class

Got my math master's degree, netting myself a several thousand dollar raise at the private school I teach at. The best part? The school payed entirely for my tuition.

Attached: IMG_1739.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Thats literally the easiest derivative there is, is this bait?

Guess they didn't teach you to spell.

I apologize for being a filthy phoneposter.

4.0 in sixth grade

Solved an open problem in 9th grade after seriously studying math for about 6 months

non thesis Masters in CE

A in Sociology 101 :^)

Senpai, Business calc is a fucking meme.
It's watered down calc. Averages on exams are like fucking 70s whereas I pulled 95s -- I immediately dropped becoming a b-major after that joke of a class. Appending Business to anything is just watering down the subject.

I transferred from a shit tier state school to an Ivy League uni and graduated a year early by taking extra course load every semester including summer.

GATE is literally a meme.
I got in and I ended up with a 1210 on the SAT, and my IQ now is literally 98.

iq of 105

not him, but you have no idea what you're talking about if you think bioinformatics is sequestered to the healthcare field. It's used more and more for basic research data-processing.

I got a well paying summer internship in my field

26 on ACT but had a 4.0 GPA and fuck ton of extra curriculars so managed to get into a top 5 school. And after the first year, maintained a 4.0 GPA in college

perfect score on SAT math

>inb4
>making it out of highschool

I hopefully just got 100% on my trig midterm
>inb4 underage
Im a late bloomer ;-;

>The General Relevance of the Modified Cosmological Model
>hypetimecube
MIRROR 1: vixra.org/abs/1712.0598
MIRROR 2: 2occatl.net/1712.0598v2.pdf
MIRROR 3: drive.google.com/file/d/1sXrFZhMo9OjoauL0SgAvpSxD_8qaAYi0/view?usp=sharing

pic related: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordian_Knot
An oracle had declared that any man who could unravel the elaborate Gordian knot was destined to become ruler of all of Asia. Alexander wanted to untie the knot but struggled to do so without success. He then reasoned that it would make no difference how the knot was loosed, so
>he drew his sword and sliced it in half with a single stroke.
In an alternative version of the story, Alexander loosed the knot by pulling the linchpin from the yoke.

Attached: TRINITY___GORDIAN.png (668x509, 253K)

congrats user!

Passed 4/5 ap classes in high school. Fuck AP GOV

Attached: TRINITY____59f577dfc.png (534x337, 162K)

high school

I entered college and made a 100 on my Cal II final and because of that I wasn’t awarded the extra credit which I got right too.

I’m both proud and kinda shamed that that’s my biggest achievement... I’m a physics senior now

Also that was like 2 years ago

But tackling Abstarct Algebra for fun now

Graduated from Enlisted Power School in the Navy Nuclear Proplusion Program. Never saw sunlight but was worth it.

That's because your childhood was perfect but your genes were far from it.

Graduates highschool

I graduated middle school i think

Graduated elementary school i suppose

not committing suicide yet

Graduated preschool I suspect

Finished trade school

how do people publish in undergrad? if youre not in physics or math i probably dont care but please explain anyway.

Senior in physics I suppose. Also I never want to touch coding again.

I read the entire wikipedia article for "humans" once. I was very, very bored.

If I had been given all the money I would have had in scholarships I'd have like $220,000. I honestly would have preferred that

1. Go to teachers who are teaching subjects you are interested in, ask if they're doing research, and then ask if you can join their team. Some professors have their own website for their research. In that case, find their website and see if their research will benefit you.

2. They'll ask for your resume or CV or whatever, your transcript, and maybe a couple paragraphs about why you want to join their lab and what you want to do in the future.

3. Get lucky(Not really luck, you should be able to convince them you are worth having with your resume/CV and your paragraphs.

4. Get accepted.

5. Research and publish. Do not let them down, these are now your networks.

I did a lot of technical stuff, and this link is technically technical, but it is totally intellectually available to the non-technically minded and I am proud to have found such an obvious but previously unexamined result
>The Truth About Evolution
>vixra.org/abs/1602.0132
DARWIN BTFO

Attached: TRINITY____+___mofde7ddd687tyoddmeo35.png (442x399, 148K)

Woah sounds like applying for a postdoc. I refuse to believe people deal with that bullshit in undergrad.

I think (in my experience) its difficult yet simple for humanities students. Simple, because publication in undergraduate department journals and invitations to symposiums aren't too difficult because most people in undergrad humanities are just "going through the motions" so competition isn't as stiff. Difficult for big name journals because they want 20+ page papers with banging insights into niche disciplines written through the lens of advanced theory (or alternatively you've found some amazing first hand sources on your subject). Also difficult because a lot of big name symposiums flat out don't accept undergraduates. Its not impossible, just way harder.

Again, success in the humanities is partly contingent on the accumulation on a vast bank of knowledge, so as an undergrad its hard to swim the big boys who have been studying what you've been studying since before you hit puberty.

Lmao source?

I had 209/210 in my 6th grade quarterly exams.

I do research in math/physics, what said isn't too far off but it isn't as bad as , really all you do is email a prof and send your cv, after that you two meet up and talk. Basically if you have the prerequisites and they have a project for you of a suitable difficulty then you'll do that, if not maybe your research will be more akin to a reading seminar. For me I was lucky, the classes I had taken were just the ones that allowed me to start on research. I've been doing it for over 2 years. The guy I work under has had a lot of undergraduate students, so he's gotten good at gauging them and suggesting the right projects for them, because of a that a few of my projects have yielded good results. At that point all that's left is writing them up and sending them to a journal, as simple as that really.

a rly great show called luther

Where's the Uni?

thanks man, i go to a research university so hopefully i can find something. All I have on my cv is non physics related job stuff though, I'm only a sophomore atm so hopefully if I get into one project it will lead to more.

Attached: witty.jpg (747x1120, 161K)

Passsed my University graduate course with Magna Cum Laude and a University Gold Medal.

Cumming inside a vagina.

(I used academia to get the panties off)

had one of my ideas stolen by my professor which solidified her tenure. i got a blowjob out of it tho so
>NO REGERTS.

did she take ur magna cum laude

not much desu. I have one conference proceeding, and one book chapter. My research is hard to sell and difficult for most ppl w/o math background, but I've finally started convincing some ppl, so I guess having ppl from three universities on my dissertation committee is kinda cool, having gotten used to everyone hating me.

Damn dude you typed 13 pages of bullshit without the slightest clue of biology
8/10

What should you have on your CV and resume?

Withdrawing from my Organic Chemistry class before it could destroy my GPA

Guess I'm the only one. I took too much time on the math checking answers before finishing the test, I had to guess on 3 at the end.

Attached: IMG_1604.jpg (750x1006, 118K)

This was my first research position, so I had my previous job titles on there and explained how they could apply. For example,

"Working at 'X' place taught me to be part of a team and introduced me to the dialogue of sharing ideas and actively working together to solve a problem. It also taught me the different ways people learn and how to best adjust yourself to interact with others and their ways even when you may not understand their creative or academic process."

Of course that's more interview style. On a resume or CV it'd be more succinct and bulleted.

I.e:

"- Worked within a team to creatively solve unique problems."

"- Adapted to a day to day changing environment."

Or whatever. Just try to think what skills you learned or used at your previous jobs and word them in a way they apply.

Also list any relevant skills and strengths you have. For example, I put fast learner and diligent. They've already commented on how I learn things quickly and get them done.

Just make yourself look good, but be honest about your good qualities. Be confident about what makes you worth something to their lab. They know you're looking to just get experience and a degree, but they also want someone who is going to take their position seriously.

>26 on ACT but had a 4.0 GPA and fuck ton of extra curriculars so managed to get into a top 5 school
are you black or mexican?

3.9 gpa right now. end of junior year.

Made AOA during med school.

Felt pretty good.

>A BA in Math
Can you even do anything with that? Or did you pick that as your second major? I'm genuinely curious not trying to shit post.

>mfw no work history because daddy just gives me monies
Am I fucked?