Hey everyone

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a book about timelines and people experiencing multiple 'branches' of timelines with their consciousness; remembering little bits of the other timelines, perhaps striving for a specific goal. It is not really time travel.

If anyone of you have played the Zero Escape trilogy, you will know what I'm kind of looking for. Quantum theory, schrodingers cat, chinese room, prisoners dilemma etc. all appear in said trilogy.

If anyone has any suggestions it is much appreciated!

Other urls found in this thread:

brainchip.thecomicseries.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

brainchip.thecomicseries.com/

Victor Pelevin's Clay Machine gun/Buddha's Little Finger

>time-travel; reincarnation; or just full-blown schizophrenia?

interesting lol
I'll check that out. "Who are we? How do we know that? Is there any proof for us that we are real? If so, what is reality and is there any meaning underneath the random nonsense we call life?

Trying to sum up the story must turn into a complete failure, as the moment it makes sense, I must have misunderstood something. But vaguely speaking, it is about a character who moves around in a shifting historical context, between the Russian revolution and the post-Soviet era in Russia. "

Reading that comment about the book is getting me pretty interested.

Haven't played that, hope this helps.

michael moorcock's Eternal Champion books. be warned: there's dozens of them, and there's the infamous episode where three different incarnations met each other and were all WAT

pic related, it's Prince Corum, one of the incarnations. count the fingers.

The garden of forking paths

What about books with complex motives?

S N A I L S
N
A
I
L
S

C O M P L E X M O T I V E S
O
M
P
L
E
X

M
O
T
I
V
E
S

The God Emperor of Dune has a bit of this - the thumbnail of your image reminded me of it before I even read your post.

ZTD was such a letdown, and the hype didn't help. It had its moments, though.

The branching timelines is actually a very clever usage of the medium itself, playing a game multiple times while making different decisions is something we always do when playing a game, but this made that into a major game mechanic. You shouldn't really try to find a book that does the same thing, because literature has different defining qualities.
If you want literature that makes the most of the medium while also addressing physical, mathematical and metaphysical problems, Jorge Luis Borges and Flann O'Brien might interest you

>hey Veeky Forums
Stein's Gate.

>nigguar

Lolita

1Q84

Instead of making a new thread can someone recommend a book for a fan of Silent Hill?

Something atmospheric with surreal monsters and horrific worlds.

HPL if you haven't read him.

Ligotti if you're literary inclined

Orlando by Woolf

What's it about? Pls no spoil

Bunch of people get in a sciency accident that throws them into paraller universes. That's as much as I can say without spoilers. It's short and easy to read, unlike most of his books.

What? They're all easy to read. Dick has a very straightforward way of writing.

Cloud Atlas, maybe?

thanks ill check it out

Going to check those out, thanks.

sure?

>The God Emperor of Dune
yeah it was very diffferent compared to the previous installments. Also tried to explain too much instead of giving more character info for Phi etc.

>Zero Escape trilogy
great set of games

slaughterhouse five is the only thing that comes to mind but pretty sure all of Veeky Forums shuns vonnegut

There's also the Ice-9 connection to Vonnegut's works, but he is in fact a very mediocre writer who just likes to goof around a lot. The atmosphere is almost the complete opposite to that of the ZE series.

and atmosphere is really important in such a setting

I'd give Slaughter House 5 by Vonnegut a read

I'm just that much of a manchild - I refer to books that keep me entertained and turning pages as "easy". His Valis/Radio Free Albemuth, and a lot ofhis shorter stories felt like a bit of a slog for me.

I will definitely check it out