What is Veeky Forums's stance on dehydrated vegetables, especially those that are homegrown?

What is Veeky Forums's stance on dehydrated vegetables, especially those that are homegrown?

Other urls found in this thread:

yescomusa.com/products/10-tray-stainless-steel-commercial-food-dehydrator-1200w
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2383/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/7365/2
webstaurantstore.com/3245/pizza-screens-and-disks.html
scholar.google.com/scholar?q=aluminum health effects
ebay.com/itm/Excalibur-2900ECB-9-Tray-Economy-Dehydrator-Black-9-Tray/302392211781?epid=17003301496&hash=item4667faf945:g:nr4AAOSwEqtZ37nd
ebay.com/itm/10-Tray-Food-Dehydrator-Stainless-Steel-Fruit-Jerky-Dryer-Blower-Commercial-New/172445832394
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like 'em. And it's a great way to preserve your homegrown veggies whenever you have a surplus of them. I like using a variety of different ways to preserve veggies; it gets boring when it's all the same canned stuff. Make ferments/kimchi, dry/dehyrate them, make sauces, etc, to get some variety beyond just canning.

Nice. I do canning, dehydrating, and freezing.

what do you have, an excalibur?

Seller?

Also, what's the difference btw nutrient values?
Fresh veggies and dehydrated?

what dehydrator is that. i want to buy a rack style as i kinda melted my old round stack unit cookin beef jerkey for 3 days.

One of these,

yescomusa.com/products/10-tray-stainless-steel-commercial-food-dehydrator-1200w

The racks' holes are a bit large so I use paper towels. Other dehydrators have mesh. I prefer not to use plastic or aluminum.

You lose a marginal amount of vitamins, but everything gets very concentrated too. You can do comparisons on here, just double check the amounts used in the drop down menu.

Raw Carrots,
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2383/2

Dehydrated Carrots,
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/7365/2

Also, if you don't mind using aluminum, this company has several sizes and shapes of pizza screens,

webstaurantstore.com/3245/pizza-screens-and-disks.html

What's wrong with aluminum?

scholar.google.com/scholar?q=aluminum health effects

nice. that ones huge yo
i was looking at one of these myself ebay.com/itm/Excalibur-2900ECB-9-Tray-Economy-Dehydrator-Black-9-Tray/302392211781?epid=17003301496&hash=item4667faf945:g:nr4AAOSwEqtZ37nd

Nothing. But some people are afraid of it because someone misinterpreted a paper about Alzheimer's. That paper found a correlation between aluminum and the brain damage caused by alzhiemer's. These people probably also believe that scabs cause cuts.

Compare the square feet of space, the one you linked is 15sqft and mine is 16sqft. Mine has 1 more tray then that one. Only mine is 1200watts and your linked one is 600watts. The wattage will help if you are doing thick wet stuff like pumpkin slices (pic). Those tend to putrefy in lower watt dehydrators because they can't dehydrate fast enough. Of course ambient humidity of where the outside the dehydrator also plays a big role. Don't dehydrate a big load of heavy wet stuff when it is raining outside, regardless of what wattage the dehydrator is, unless your indoor humidity is low.

The one you linked looks nice enough. It'd be good for herbs, spices, onions, garlic, peppers, and other low moisture things. Mushrooms too, those always dehydrate well. I wouldn't try to do whole uncut peppers unless they are very thin-walled.

>Does this leached chemical or ingredient improve or maintain my health?

That's all you need to ask and live by.

>The racks' holes are a bit large so I use paper towels.
Here is a higher power one,

$164, free shipping, 1kw
ebay.com/itm/10-Tray-Food-Dehydrator-Stainless-Steel-Fruit-Jerky-Dryer-Blower-Commercial-New/172445832394

I think it is 14 square feet of space though. With the extra power, you'd be able to do two batches almost as fast as 1 batch. also look out for the height of the dehydrator. That gives you an idea of how much space there is between each rack and what you can put into it.

oh shit thanks, i like those trays too, but they are a bitch to clean.

because various metals aren't known to cause various mental diseases, right?

right?

and while we're at it, remember, driving drunk doesn't CAUSE crashes. it's just CORRELATED to it. science for the epic win11!!!1!1!!

fucking retard. never try to figure out why things happen ever again.

>because various metals aren't known to cause various mental diseases, right?
What does "various metals" have to do with aluminum? You don't think that all "metals" act the same chemically, do you? Did you even take a chemistry class? Or did you just flunk it?

>>fucking retard. never try to figure out why things happen ever again.
That's the point, really. We can easily see that intoxication causes impairment with respect to operating machinery or a motor vehicle. On the other hand, we can't find any causal link between aluminum and any health problem. Which is perfectly reasonable given how common a chemical element that aluminum is. It's widespread in the ground. If it were toxic then surely we humans would have died off millennia ago. People who work in aluminum foundries show no special mental conditions or other health issues related to aluminum exposure. People handle aluminum products every day. Yet there is no epidemic of aluminum-related health issues. Thus it seems very reasonable to conclude that as far as we know there's nothing whatsoever dangerous about aluminum.

That is true if you are doing jerky with some sticky marinade on it. I find that using a plastic tote large enough to soak the trays, in hot water, really helps.

man of science here. aluminum oxide is pretty bad for humans

Medical professional here, oxygen is pretty bad for humans.
Stop being a fucking pussy.

>aluminum oxide is pretty bad for humans
Then why don't we get sick when we're exposed to dirt, or touch aluminum objects?