Essays are incoherent messes

>Essays are incoherent messes
>Aphorisms are the lowest form of the written word, used by people incapable of writing poetry or prose
>tfw born to early too be a depressed 16 year old boy with a twitter account and a copy if The Stranger
>Can't make an argument to save his life
>Hypocrite
>Spoiled little beta baby bitch boy
Why do people like this hack again? Is it just because they're sad?

>missing the point this hard

What's the point?

Cioran would say any attempt to formulate the world will be an incoherent mess
He attempts towards a dual project of philosophy and prose, aphorisms are a necessary mode for that regardless of your opinion of them
Everyone is a hypocrite, thats part of his work
Literally nothing wrong with being a spoiled little beta baby bitch boy, I would encourage it

>but muh meaning of life!

That's all I heard. Cry more OP

I have recently heard about a scientific breakthrough. The smallest elementary particle in the universe is now known as OP's brain.

Be easy on him, he's probably crying right now

I like Cioran because he's a snooty aesthete who thoroughly enjoys not enjoying anything at all. The Brief History's my fave.

Which of his books should I read first bros?

Decay.

Is he pretty standalone, or is he one of those referential canonical philosophers who you cant get without specific prerequisite knowledge?

If youre general reading's sufficient dive right in.

I could only dream for the ability of writing aphorisms and idioms properly.

Fiction is nothing but long aphorisms.

People usually say decay but I found the Trouble with Being Born way better

Agreed. However, how do you read aphorisms? Do you read them in one go as you would with a novel, or more akin to poetry in that you'll allow yourself to think about what you read?

Both really, I would say I would read it initially as a novel and certain sections would strike me and beg consideration either immediately or on reflection.

He liked De Maistre though.

Its ironic and perhaps says quite a lot that out of all the whackos and degenerates in the French literary tradition of the last century, Cioran was the only major figure who seemed to have had a true love of his life

Like his buds Ionesco and Eliade, he was Romanian.

I know yeah, I just mean in the sphere he worked in. Like his other friend Beckett

You'll get a lot more out of Trouble after you've read more Cioran, desu

french culture is so mundane. i get it your depressed like everyone else n sheeet.

>french culture is so mundane

People used to say the exact opposite. Around WW1 their spirits just snapped.

>Aphorisms are the lowest form of the written word

Pleb detected

Realized that after posting, tqtc. Also meant to add- writing in French in Paris- which wd have placed the burden of difference on 'Romanian' (as opposed to French) which was my aim. Misfire.
In despite of their negative (physical!) illuminations, one cd plausibly add I and E to the list of ultimate (intense) life appreciators as well. I. too had a lifelong mate, and E lived one of the craziest adventure novels of the 20th c.

He has an interesting way to write about how he perceives the world, he doesn't try to lecture anyone and rejects philosophy. He's said himself that he hasn't invented anything and has only conveyed his own experience of life. His writings shouldn't be taken as hard philosophy but as lyricism with a philosophical core

The only book I've read by him is At The Heights of Despair, I liked it a lot though it took me a few tries to get into, when I first did though I finished it very quickly

he looks like an old Dale Cooper in this pic

I never found out if it was true but I'm convinced Lynch is a fan of Cioran

>Aphorisms are the lowest form of the written word

Maybe if you're someone who can't intuitively understand the messages the author is trying to convey

You are right. People in this thread are beta males who spend their days crying because they are alone. Cioran is shit.

>beta males who spend their days crying because they are alone

Literally nothing wrong with this

>this is what atheists actually believe

Yes, if God does not exist this is the only justifiable response to life

>Justifiable
Start with the countryless Romanians