Any bioengineers here?

Attached: download (15).jpg (328x154, 7K)

Just be honest, you took that subject because it's the only one scientic one with decent amount of females

was unaware. Don't start school until Fall. That's good news though. I'm 24 with a 2 year degree kek.

have a question for a real bioengineer, specifically someone who knows tissue engineering

desu 99% of women in STEM are absolutely undateable. Everybody knows that for quality poontang you gotta hunt liberal arts grounds, dicklet

but that 1% outshines them all

that's probably true

it absolutely is though. All the heavy hitter women in biology are tough as nails and super smart.

I had a chemical engineering chick in my DiffQ and stats class in CC last year. 5'9 thin brunette with amazing curves and 125+ IQ. Not autistic at all, just an ambitious brilliant girl. Spent all semester imagining the rest of my life with her. Finally asked her on a date after finals. She was perplexed as fuck because we never spoke. Ended up at a bar and had good conversation for several hours talking sci and debating philosophy. Thought things went well but she didn't think we should go on a second date when I texted her. Cobalt cased thermonuclear bomb went off inside my brain and I completely embarrassed myself by sending a dick pic as a sort of fuck you. Not sure what went wrong. I'm pretty good looking but some people find me apathetic. She was a randian which I vocally despise. Guarantee I will never find a chick that perfect again. Most people are lucky to simply cross paths with one like that per lifetime.

>Cobalt cased thermonuclear bomb went off inside my brain and I completely embarrassed myself by sending a dick pic as a sort of fuck you.
HAHAHAHAHAH

What the fuck, dude. LOL

Hope that was a lesson. You don't get girls wet by talking about science or the shit they deal with all day at university anyway. All you needed to be was different (exciting) from the other autists in your classes if she already said yes to going out with you.

well desu I was completely devastated and not thinking rationally at all. I have very little experience with women. So I told my friend from Harvard who is a complete slayer and replayed the entire date night for him. He convinced me that this chick was a nympho and I was acting like a complete beta. The situation was unrecoverable so he convinced me to send the dick pic in the off chance she was just hoping to get boned. She actually responded fairly politely given the circumstances, but then I sent a follow up at his recommendation again.

I fucking hate myself and my skin crawls whenever I recall this. Sometimes I'm tempted to text her and apologize

yes, on my fourth year currently
How so? There are tons of "normal" women everywhere, autismal nerd women are not as common as you'd think.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

man i will cringe at this for eternity thank you

>you will never be sexually dominated in your mouth and ass by a thick as fuck biomedical engineering professor who managed to create a massive chick-dick for herself

Attached: depressed i robot.png (680x762, 435K)

Attached: 1505971057988.png (486x480, 358K)

I'm about to graduate in this.

Honestly, the chemistry I've taken (I ended up taking 2 semesters of physical chemistry in addition to the required organic chem) has been extremely intellectually rewarding in a much more immediate sense, though the broad mechanics/materials/electronics curriculum is good as a baseline if you have the drive to dive in and learn more yourself. if not, I honestly believe you're fucked since the degree doesn't really grant you any highly marketable skills besides mathematical modeling.

Physical chemistry is the only interesting branch of chemistry desu.

i understand

Attached: 1500239126983.png (528x321, 133K)

it was the randian thing and she prob didn't feel a spark, tho she may have liked talking to you.

>mathematical modeling.
The problem is every SEM major has this "skill".

The 1%er girl in engineering isn't worth it either. Don't be fooled by your crush, you only think she's great because you're too exposed to engineering women (trust me your real smv is way higher "out there" than it is in male dominated engineering). Let me tell you why they aren't worth it from my personal experience.

I did my postgrad in ChemE and was dating her on and off for a semester after TAing her for a year. The girl:
>ChemE, eventually did postgrad too
>Hot (signed by more than one modelling agency)
>Non-autistic personality (hard to find in STEM)
>Genuine curiosity and interest about theoretical fields

Downside: she was insecure as fuck and too intimidated to connect with me. She spent most of her time trying (and failing) to impress me. She wasn't stupid, it's just that I knew everything she did and way more. She bored me. At first it was hot how valuable my knowledge was to her, later it was annoying. Like most engineers she didn't read much outside her field either.

She was great and everything, not much wrong with though to tell you the truth I was more interested in her friend. Anyway I eventually chose a very well read veterinarian student over her with a much better personality with whom I have better chemistry and more interesting conversations. Current gf is also taller, lifts and has a professionally tested 150 IQ, but things like that don't really matter to me desu.

>chick that perfect again. Most people are lucky to simply cross paths with one like that per lifetime.
You'll find at least 3 of them and they won't be so perfect after your crush fades. Which is fine, as long as you think they're better than any other girl you've ever met after you fall in love. You'll definitely someone better than that chick anyway. She agreed to date you anyway so obviously you can find someone in that class.

Dick pic incident will just be a funny undergrad story in 5 years, don't worry about it.

>You don't get girls wet by talking about science or the shit they deal with all day at university anyway.
Maybe not shit they deal with in undergrad, but you can definitely pick up a girl with science, even math. Girls get wet if you look attractive, it doesn't matter what you say, if it sounds smart it'll make you look even more attractive.

>She was a randian which I vocally despise

And you imagined a future with this woman?

Bioe grad here, UCB. Got a pretty shitty GPA and my curriculum was all over the place, graduated in 2010 into the recession. Some connections got me a shitty food R&D technician job, now a food R&D scientist (not at all related to bioE).

It didn't feel like a real established engineering program though, it seemed more like a mashup of engineering courses and bio/chem courses. There's no board exam or license. Some people get mad when unlicensed engineers call themselves engineers.

Most of the BioE specific courses didn't seem that far off normal Bio courses. There was one on normal lab techniques (gel sequencing, pcr, plasmids), one on protein folding simulation, physiology, etc. There was a MEMS course I took, I made some microfluidic devices too. Maybe the curriculum has improved since then.

My sister worked for a biotech graduate school in San Diego. It seems like the normal path for most students there is: undergrad, PhD, work as a postdoc, then hope for either becoming a professor or getting picked up by a big biotech firm. Only then. I do have a couple of classmates who went on to be lab scientists too after undergrad or ms but their salary is about the same as mine after adjusting for cost of living.

If I were to do it all over again I'd just do ME or EE and take some bio classes on the side.

>Some people get mad when unlicensed engineers call themselves engineers.
Well you aren't one.

You said it yourself you had more science than engineering courses. Even the second year engineering courses are much harder and more advanced than senior level science courses (speaking as someone who did both). But more importantly when you tell people you're an engineer and they see your skillset it hurts our marketing potential.

In addition to the emotional distress you cause by referring to yourself as an engineer it's illegal.

Even ME and EE graduates can't call themselves engineers until they get their PE, why do you think you can?

Looks like you're one of those people :^)
Chill nigga, I referred to myself as an BioE grad. When I refer to my profession I just call myself a food scientist.

Also there were senior level mechanical and electrical engineering courses in the curriculum.

Is that code for "like one or two"?

Add "per semester 3rd and 4th year" and sure :^) Although there wasn't really a "senior" distinction, just lower level and upper level (and then graduate level). I'm referring to upper level.

Many more options in the curriculum that I didn't take as well.

I dunno user. My experience as a math and CS double major dating one of the rare qt and incredibly smart (currently in research, 3.77 GPA, internships and offers from great companies) EE and CS double major has been bliss. Then again, I got pretty lucky. We devote most of the week to work, but we cuddle while playing video games on the weekends.

Attached: AF651BD1-E8BD-4AAA-96A2-BE5CB23089A2.jpg (762x536, 71K)

>EE+CS
>Double major

She’s not EECS as a full major

She’s taking pure EE and CS on the more theoretical side. Unlike Berkeley, ours isn’t a combined field.

I agree. As an interaction engineer, when people call themselves engineers without having the know how, it really does hurt the field.

can't tell if this is serious.