Why can't we heal cancer?

Why can't we heal cancer?

Attached: 1521659567728.jpg (739x673, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hmYNLNF7NBw&t=698s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cancer cells trick the body into thinking they are the body's own cells, which they are in a way, so the body does not identify cancer cells extirpate the execrable cells.
>body's failure to identify cancer as cancer

and why can't WE? :(

edit: Thank you for your answer

We can. There's more than one cancer type. Blood cancers ha e a very good prognosis these days for example.

we can. it's called surgical removal. If all cancers were detected at a level where they were non-metastatic and surgically removed, you wouldnt have cancer anymore (unless constantly exposed to a mitogen like asbestos)

so why do so many people die?

Because cancer isn't an illness

Monoclonal antibodies and gene therapy is the future

Because cancer doesnt want to die either

Cancer is extremely aggressive. Depending on what cancer we're talking about, it can reach the late stage in weeks, which is the case of melanoma (skin cancer).
Some types of cancer are very slow, so if you detect them in time, you can remove the focus and cure the cancer e.g. cervical cancer.
Surgery is effective in early stages of cancer.
Pharmacotherapy is not specific enough for cancer and destroys a lot of healthy tissue (this is why patients receiving chemotherapy lose their hair).
When cancer reaches late stages, it metastizes aggressively (cancer cells reach the bloodstream and takes root in a lot of organs).
When a cancer metastizes, the only way to cure the cancer is by removing ALL the metastasic spots. You can not leave a single spot untreated.
Because pharmacotherapy i.e. chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy is highly unspecific, the only way to destroy all the metastasic spots is to destroy almost all the healthy tissue surrounding the metastasis. This is equivalent to killing the patient.
Genetic therapy i.e. CRISPR is shedding some light, but it hasn't even entered experimental phase on humans.
I hope I answered your question.

Attached: OKAASAN.webm (720x480, 2.63M)

What kind of cancer do you want to heal?

>that webm
why u gotta do me like that

cancer is just too complex

idk, but it kill'd dad, grandpa and one cousin
wish me luck

Because Cancer is caused by mean cells

not enough faith

Have we figured out how to fix *damaged* cell chromosomes that don't give them the signal to stop dividing? Actual question

That's what CRISPR theoretically does. But it hasn't been tested yet in actual patients.

Cancer cells are self healing, that's the problem.

Some cancers are very treatable. "We" can't heal them because we did not go to medical school. Some people can cure some cancers.

Seriously user? Hang in there dude and get tested regularly...

Attached: 1521398947148.jpg (300x375, 32K)

t. brainlet. Removing non-metastatic tumours wouldn't eradicate cancer.

because it's not a sickness, its a consequence.

well cancer isn't really one disease. sure at its core its just a cells replicate uncontrollably, but how to stop them varies from organ to organ as well as person to person. Liver cancer in patient A can be much harder to treat than brain cancer in patient B, and will have different 5 year survival rates

Too much damage to their structural DNA within cells and stem cells.

Guys seriously look up rick simpson cannabis oil, it cures most cancers.youtube.com/watch?v=hmYNLNF7NBw&t=698s

Companies keep killing people who discover the cure

>Why can't we heal cancer?

Because it's the natural response of the body to damage which sometimes kills the host.

The sad news is we have kids before we get cancer (exceptions exist) so there is no selection pressure for cancer to disappear.

Attached: evo.png (1045x224, 49K)

>>>
> Anonymous 03/21/18(Wed)21:43:37 No.9609
name of anime? pls

not sure why that greentext happened