Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
youtube.com/watch?v=D_2DBLAt57c
youtu.be/eISr0vQhRhc
youtube.com/watch?v=cZzKFZ1rPR0
youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs
youtube.com/watch?v=L9hu9B35fYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Italians invented this because they had no other use for the condensed milk Americans gave then during post ww2.

cream

no cream

behold

This is the true patrician's carbonara

>Cook pasta below al dente
>Chop up bacon
>Fry bacon until crispy
>In a large bowl, mix an egg, cheese, salt, pepper
>Toss cooked pasta into the pan with bacon
>Remove from heat
>Mix in the mixture
>Stir alot until the mixture is thorougly mixed
>Immediately plate up
>Grate good cheese like parmigiano-reggiano on top along with freshly grounded black pepper

Using cream and/or ham is a sacrilege

Follow this recipe
youtube.com/watch?v=D_2DBLAt57c

Sometimes I stir in sun-dried tomatoes at the very end, I highly recommend it. It adds a sweet, chewy bite that compliments the salty meat and cheese.

>prepare pasta like you'd normally expect, generally spaghetti, though you could go with a bucatini
>fry bacon/pancetta/guanciale
>take eggs, crack them and stir them until homogenous
>grate a hard, good cheese, like a pecorino romano or a parmiggiano reggiano, and mix it throughly with the egg
>mix in ground black pepper, stir the shit out of it again
>add bacon and fat, mix one more time until homogenous
>add pasta, letting some of the water fall on it on the way
>stir hard while still hot, you want the cheese to melt carefully but you don't want the egg to curdle

There we go.

Flips truly are the most powerful race

If i see that fucking hedgehog one more time..

bacon parmesan blackpepper egg water noodles pan heat

This one. The video is cringey as all hell, but he has the right technique, made this a bunch of time. Always turns out great!

you will need cream onions cheddar and cilantro

OP ignore these faggots above.

Behold the comfiest carbonara cooking vid ever:

youtu.be/eISr0vQhRhc

almazan is cool but that one is an abortion

What about it is an abortion user? I've never felt so comfy before. The fresh pasta looks delicious.

I want to die

wait
whats that pasta with cream in it?

onions, garlic, cream, bologna, cream cheese and parsley

I usually make 1 serving and eyeball everything:
1:1 pecorino romano/pamesiano blend
mix with 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
crack a shit ton of pepper in
dice some guanciale
cook in olive oil
transfer cooked spaghetti to pan of guanciale + rendered fat
mix to coat
dump in egg+cheese+pepper mixture

PULL THE TRIGGER NIGGER YOU WON'T

Here you go, friend.

Alfredo?

youtube.com/watch?v=cZzKFZ1rPR0

shit
i think i've been calling my alfredo carbonara my whole life

I'd fuck that up for sure. Going to try it though.

w-what?

>tfw Veeky Forums doesn't sperg about whether or not carbonara should have cream in it anymore

one of my favorite old memes

Because people finally realized that the answer is no.

Nah, it should not only have cream, but bacon, and peas!

!LISTEN UP YOU CU/CK/SS.
THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MOTHER FUCKING CARBONARA!
youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs

hes gay you know

Yes, the ONLY correct receipe. Let me shake your hand user.

peas, ham and cream

>using bacon
Pleb

Disgusting. You've completely killed my appetite.

I want to physically hurt you

youtube.com/watch?v=L9hu9B35fYI

Use nduja and guanciale

the last meal i ate before my egg intolerance destroyed me forever was a duck egg carbonara that was so delicious and rich but it made me puke my guts and diarrhea for hours

>nduja
t'ammazzo coglione porcoddio te e il tuo sanrocco di stocazzoammare.

Nduja is good but the spiciness of the blackpapper is enough, putting something chili based in it its overkill

alla panna

Ingredients
4 - 6 oz. Pancetta or Guanciale, cut into ¼" cubes
1 Tbsp. good olive oil (for sautéing)
1 lb. imported Italian dried spaghettoni noodles (the largest size of spaghetti, do not use 'spaghettini', 'angel hair' or thin spaghetti)
1 tsp. salt (for the pasta water), freshly ground, if possible
2 jumbo eggs, plus 1 egg yolk (per person) at room temperature (so double this for 4 servings)
½ cup freshly-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
½ cup freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
(or use 1 cup of either cheese, depending on your preference)
Freshly-cracked black pepper (generous amount)
Extra grated Parmigiano cheese to garnish individually
Optional - diced Italian parsley for garnish
Instructions
In a very tall stock pot, boil water with the salt added.
Add the pasta and cook, removing pasta from hot water 1 minute before it becomes 'al dente'
In a large skillet, heat olive oil
Add pancetta or guanciale; sauté over medium heat; cook until pork has released the fat and edges are crispy and golden brown; about 3 minutes
Reduce stove and keep the skillet of pancetta/guanciale on the heat. Break the full eggs and extra egg yolk into a small bowl.
Add cheese and gently whisk until mixture is smooth.
Drain pasta, reserving about ½ cup of the hot pasta water.
Place the pasta in the warm skillet with the pancetta or guanciale and turn off the stove.
Toss quickly to mix well for one minute.
Remove the skillet from the heat and continue to stir the pasta in the skillet quickly for another minute.
If necessary, add a little bit of the hot pasta water, about ⅛ cup at first to get it silky and creamy.
Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the pan.
Stir quickly again so the eggs don't thicken to the point of becoming 'scrambled eggs'. Remember that it is vital that you work fast during the stirring or the pasta will get cold and as a result the raw eggs will not cook and the 'sauce' will be runny. The heat of the pasta cooks the egg and a creamy sauce should form.

dovresti soffocare sul mio cazzo

Nduja carbonara is godly. Made me want to never go back

>This is a trueism.

None of the recipes italians go spastic about existed before WWII.

The world NEEDS fewer flips

the first world needs more
they're great at taking care of old people

Nice. Always liked Rick Stein's attitude; comes across best in his Asian food series, where he shows you how people make it there before coming back to the Cornwall kitchen to make the best approximation with easily available ingredients etc

I usually use a single pack of pancetta, 3 eggs, a cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, spaghetti, and a dick load of pepper.

I have the water salted and boiling and then prepare the pancetta. I put the pancetta in the pan first, stir for like 30 seconds and then add the pasta to the water.

I beat the eggs, cheese, and pepper in a bowl and have on standby.

After about 8 minutes I check the pasta and it's usually a little less than al dente so I toss that into the pancetta and get it coated in the fat. I add a small amount of the pasta water and the egg mixture stirring constantly until it looks nice and creamy.

Plate up and serve with fresh cracked black pepper and more Parmesan.

Anyone ever use guanciale? I can never find it and I want to make carbonara the OG way.

ITALIAN HERE
NOOOOOOOOO!

NO PARMIGIANO.
CARBONARA NEEDS A SEASONED AND MORE SALTY CHEESE LIKE PECORINO.

is cheddar ok?

is being autistic and replacing tomato sauce with ketchup also ok?

also a good question

One guy I used to know always argued with me that making it with peas and cream was the correct and traditional way. Drove me up the fucking wall, he insisted he knew best because he worked at a shitty italian restaurant in NC.

Garlic, olive oil, black pepper, thicc cut bacon, couple of small de arbol chilies, and eggs.

Over medium-high heat, sauté two chilies, two cloves of finely minced garlic, bacon, and black pepper in olive oil. remove the chilies once everything is nicely browned. Lightly salt. Mix into bowl with one egg. cook pasta and dump into bowl immediately after draining, and mix.

The only thing that could have made this post better was if you had said "sweetened condensed milk".
Be sure to add peas

ah fuck forgot the parmesan.

Oh no! I'm going to have to go out and get my hair cut to calm down from this shock.

I want to fuck Aoi.

>when your country is such a failed one thet you feel the urge to argue about a stupid recipe of pasta with cooked bacon and raw eggs

I made pasta carbonara with ramen, it came out pretty good. I also only had sliced pepper jack cheese, which I had to crumble up to simulate parmesan. Never had the proper OF carbonara but mine came out tasty af

are we talking about an Italian dish or about the country where everyone wants to come during their holidays?

This nigger knows.

yall keep talking about parmesan. parmigiano it is not the only italian cheese, there are a tons of different ones... and surely the parmigiano is not the one you have to add to the carbonara

I want to eat her donut.