Stop criticising self-driving cars. You don't want to KILL PEOPLE do you, user?

Stop criticising self-driving cars. You don't want to KILL PEOPLE do you, user?

Attached: elon-musk.jpg (940x705, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underhanded-c.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1521710494598.webm (636x360, 727K)

>if I sneak around in the dark I'll never get caught by a car eheh

I'd consider a Telsa if it didn't have Google software in it. Too bad.

holy shit that bitch was invisible
still, the LIDAR should have seen it

>get paid to sit in a self-driving car
Comfy as fuck

i laughed way too hard at this

Attached: dukk_panic.webm (640x800, 1.01M)

la creatura

Gewgle software iz perfektli fyne
it werks

Attached: musk.png (416x416, 257K)

Why did that moron walk out into incoming traffic? Any human would have run them down.

Still though, can't the car see in the dark?

Attached: 1390157332214.png (629x466, 480K)

Why do people root for technology to fail?

Attached: autism.jpg (600x440, 48K)

In all seriousness this should have been a prime example of why and when driverless cars are superior to human driven cars. A human would have never been able to see her and react in time, a driverless car should have and would have. People who are working on this need to analyze it and find out what failed and fix it, this shouldn't have happened.

Cars are just inherently dangerous. Human drivers kill people on a daily basis, it was just a matter of time before a computer got unlucky.

not self driving car

Which poses the question, what happens when self driving cars are available for purchase and one of them kills someone? I mean, dressers that fall on one toddler get completely recalled. If the self driving system is 80% safer than humans, it will still kill a fuckton of people long-run. Can the public handle that?

>unlucky.
No it completely failed to notice the pedestrian, it showed no sign of braking. I believe the fat woman in the car had to brake.

I predict that in the future, people will think that we were fucking insane for driving vehicles by ourselves.

The big question is, what should it do in no-win situations? Will people want to drive a car that might prefer sacrificing their lives to sacrificing the lives of pedestrians?

Well. At least the robot would eat the guilt for you.

I worry that humans will not be able to accept that there will be fewer deaths in aggregate and will get all moist and salty about it.

Also I worry that a 12 year old kid could hack the entire interstate and make everyone go to the same Waffle House.

at least its not denny's

what if I do want to kill people though? What if I want to become a software developer for a self-driving car company so that I can write a hidden piece of software that is only active a very small portion of the time when conditions are just right and plausibly deniable to collide with people wearing MAGA shirts?

Or a muslim for that matter

I don't think that code would be hard to detect.

Was that actually the accident or just some random accident with an inattentive driver?

You better have some buddies in the same company with the same goal. Do you seriously nobody is going to check the code before it gets executed in actual cars? And no, writing unreadable code is not going to help you either, it will be just thrown out to be rewritten

>work hard
>move up the corporate ladder to become project head
>sneak in the code
Not that hard except the work hard part

>have more than one muslim on the team
very easy nowadays with all the muslim quotas in the workplace

>Project head
>Actually writing code
Can't be more suspicious

what is that creature sitting in the car

>woman
are you sure because im not

El goblino

this is why.
Because people are shilling an incomplete technology as "already better than humans".
The tech shouldn't be rolled out until it's proven itself on a significant scale (and in harsh conditions with all the bad drivers and city traps, not just on easy drives).
Before that the security passenger should be instructed to actually look at the road as if he was actually driving and be held responsible in case of accident.

>Why do people root for technology to fail?
Because this sci-fi bullshit never ever works.

it's legit

you haven't heard of underhanded coding contests have you?
underhanded-c.org/

One can make code that appears to be readable, but in fact does something entirely different.

electric cars are gay and I would never own one.
Elon Musk is a nigger.

Attached: Ford-Mustang-turbo-8776-nw.jpg (1422x948, 361K)

Nothing manlier than a car powered by explosions

What do you think you're writing this post on lmao. Computers were about as sci-fi bullshit as you could get. Just shut up and enjoy the technology smarter people make for idiots like you to use.

Hi elon.

#
oh yeah because oversized RC cars are VEEERY futuristic.
Haha did I tell you they save the environment too? Yeah, we only have to mine buttfuck Africa for cobalt and lithium, send the angry inhabitants to Europe for ethnic enrichment purposes, then ship the aforementioned minerals across the Atlantic in diesel tankers where we assemble them into cars with the shittest quality control on the market and panel gaps akin to the red sea, after which we'll sell it to you for 6 figures (btw you can plug it into a wall how cool is that)

Attached: musk - Copy.png (416x416, 257K)

>>Why do people root for technology to fail?
>Because this sci-fi bullshit never ever works.

So, that's stupid and not supported by reality, but the question is why do you DELIGHT in the failure?

Is it a beef about resource allocation, like the usual "Why are we going to the Moon when people are starving on Earth?" thing?

Some general rage at society? Why is gloating as the bugs are being worked out of some product you will eventually use on a daily basis rewarding to you?

Normally I'd just blame it on Veeky Forums, but you see this in the real world too when people love to tell stories about electric cars killing the blind because they're too quiet or Americans gloat when an American solar company goes under as China gobbles up the market.

Regular old fear of change?

Here, at least, people are probably reacting against the bloated rhetoric of tech "visionaries" who can't get enough of their own "world changing innovations" and the credulous goblin r*dditor hordes who eat up everything they say.

yeah and I'll be riding the hyperloop to work in no time right?

Because if we just built some more fucking trains this shit wouldn't be an issue.

Oh, I see. So it's like my irrational continued hatred of Bill Gates, even though he's out curing disease and whatnot now. It's a personality/jealousy thing.

>yeah and I'll be riding the hyperloop to work in no time right?

But the point is, wouldn't you LIKE to ride the hyperloop to work?

Few people even understand most of the technology they currently rely on. The modern world is confusing for our primitive monkey minds.

When a new technology or idea comes along, it's a lot easier for people to justify not learning the details by saying "it's probably bullshit". Otherwise it's hard to have a firm grasp on reality.

Look at all the people on here who have knee-jerk reactions to complex issues topics like string-theory. Instead of spending years studying to learn the details of the theory to get a more informed opinion, you can just immediately feel smarter than the experts by just telling yourself that they're wasting their time.

>people blame self-driving cars for this incident
>yet completely forget a human was at the wheel and did nothing
Dumbass is walking in the middle of the road wearing all black at night.

>wouldn't you LIKE to ride the hyperloop to work?
Sure its a nice idea, but its just as impractical now as when Goddard thought it up a century go.
Its proposed existence doesn't make me think that it a piece technological and engineering brilliance, but rather its our century's snake sell to the popsci retards as well as acting as bait for investors

Attached: Popsci Internet Defence Force.png (750x422, 778K)

no, most humas wouldnt. had plenty of time to stop. even if they didnt stop, they would slow down considerably.

the few people not killed by self driving cars, that is.

well obviously nobody checked the code in this car.

KEK

then is bad when you do extensive tests on something never tried on civilians and you push it out in less time possible, cause MONEY

>self-driving
>ev

Attached: 3k_civic.gif (500x373, 2.92M)

Do you think people 200 years ago were insane because they calculated difficult arithmetic themselves?

i think they were insane badasses

not tesla* selfdriving car

Veeky Forums here
Tesla is vaporware crap kept afloat by government subsidies.
Don't be an idiot, you're paying $100+k to beta-test an inherently faulty product.
>but muh quarter mile
>but muh instant torque
a stock fucking BRZ is faster around a track, any track.
>but muh environment
yeah, displacing the damage does nothing but exacerbate the issue

Attached: 316220.jpg (1969x1217, 332K)

> Instead of spending years studying to learn the details of the theory to get a more informed opinion, you can just immediately feel smarter than the experts by just telling yourself that they're wasting their time.

That makes sense. In fact, if you convince yourself that the people actually effecting change are the bad guys, then you can feel morally superior as well. You're the good guy, warning the ignorant masses.

I suppose I have some sympathy for the haters. I hate Google and I think it's a little funny when someone blindly following Maps drives into a lake, but I don't actually want it to implode, because I use that thing and I want it to work.

I don't hate Google so much that I want to drive off a cliff to prove that they suck, presumably giggling all the way down.

He was tired and fiddling on his phone, isnt that the purpose of these self driving cars?

yikes-tier post

For sake of people like me who can't drive and feel no real independence living in a suburban town, please stop acting like self driving cars are a meme.
Sure I have the motor skills to stop a car in an emergency but I can hardly see the text I'm typing right now. Help blind anons out.

Attached: 1513910110032.png (556x430, 81K)

orbital ring > shitterloop

>When a new technology or idea comes along, it's a lot easier for people to justify not learning the details by saying "it's probably bullshit". Otherwise it's hard to have a firm grasp on reality.
The AI people in general, and Uber in particular, are drastically over-representing the capabilities of their self-driving vehicles.
>Presenter: "Here's a diagram of the car, as you see it has LIDAR."
>Potential investor "Does the LIDAR even work?"
>Presenter: "uhhhhhh..."
Then a guy in suit interrupts, talking about feature roadmaps, never directly saying one way or the other.

It is so incredibly common to represent things you plan on doing as features instead of mere ideas, and we already know Uber's entire company culture is built around deceit, misdirection and outright sabotage.
There's a reason all the German, Korean, American, Japanese and Chinese companies manufacturing semi-autonomous cars aren't already offering fully autonomous cars already. The tech cheap enough for a regular consumer just isn't reliable enough.

What about a car powered by lightning?

The gap is on both sides the angle just makes it look like there's a difference because you are looking straight into the gap.

You are a moron.

Right, I agree this is also a problem.

This doesn't explain the issue I was addressing though, as to why people are downright giddy when something new fails.

Everyone loves it when a huckster with a reputation for over promising and under delivering falls flat on their face in public.

Attached: xl_le56face_version_by_neetsfagging322297-dbvbimb.jpg (319x350, 25K)

>why doesn't an unfinished product work the way it's supposed to work after it's finished

>Everyone loves it when a huckster with a reputation for over promising and under delivering falls flat on their face in public.

Exactly, you get to feel superior while doing nothing to progress the human race. It's much easier to laugh at the people who try and fail.

Has any man of any consequence ever fully delivered on all promises?

I don't want to be forcibly uploaded into a robot, and if I want to prevent this I need to equate my learning curve to the adversaries or else they hold power over me, and I'm lazy.

No, because if he did he wouldn't be a man of consequence.

muh progress the human race
die mutt.