I fucking love onions

I fucking love onions

Give me your best onion recipes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6I4iJDZp70
youtube.com/watch?v=iRRYn4u4hdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like to cut them into rings and then just let them fry in lard until they turn golden and chewy and caramelized. Sometimes adding some shredded ginger or crushed garlic toward the end, with salt and pepper. Then I just add those to almost anything.

I heard fried cabbage and onions is amazing, Ive been hurting to make it

Near the holidays, they put out those little bags of baby onions, and a medley of cipprolini, little reds, little vidalias. Buy them.

I adore making a simple quick pickle in a big glass jar, and having each onion taste different due to the variety. Warm up your brine and quick blanch/poach the onions to snip off the skins and clean them. Takes 2 minutes to slip off all the skins. Tuck into jar and you do this and pour over hot brine. Enjoy next day and throughout the next week or two. Fabulous!

My favorite brine is nothing more than some pickling spice, garlic clove, half water, half vinegar and usually white wine vinegar with some sprig of rosemary or tarragon from the garden. Can roll in some other herbs that you like. I typically also make a batch of pickled mushrooms at the same time for a relish tray kind of idea. Mushrooms can be made extra good with actual wine, and can get some olive oil into the brine too.

You ever branch out into spring onions, shallots, leeks? Whole onion family is fucking beaaautiful.

I make a winter soup whenever my son is feeling sick by roasting sweet pots, potato, carrot, 4 onions roughly chopped and about 8 whole garlic cloves with a bit of oil, tiny pinch of brown sugar and s&p
Let it caramalise and brown up a bit then just mix in a cup of stock and blend that puppy on the stove. Molto bene

Some pickling mood picture I found...not mine.

pickled onions are delicious, well worth the effort of making them at home. Put a few whole garlic cloves in the jar too, even if raw onion and garlic are too strong for you the pickling will mellow them out pretty much perfectly

I like to dice up some onions and eat them on top of a layer of real american cheese with ketchup and mustard, resting on a perfectly grilled quarter pounder of real american beef patty, everything between two halves of a toasted hamburger bun.

I'm lovin' it!

Whats stopping you? Those are some of the cheapest ingrediants you can hope for.

You'll need a mandolin slicer. Cut one onion as thinly as possible and saute in maybe 3 tablespoons of butter. You want it browned but not burned to bring out the sweetness.

While that's going, slice 2 zucchini into rounds, also as thinly as possible. Should be somewhat transparent. Dump that in with the onions, making sure you have enough butter to saute.

Cook for 10-20 minutes. You want to work the moisture out of the zucchini which gets replaced with the butter. When that process is done you can crank the heat a bit and even get a good browning on the vegetables.

It's simple but really amazing and highlights the taste of the onions. It's a Marcella Hazan recipe that I learned when I had a garden and a fuck-ton of zucchini that I had no idea what to do with. One person can easily eat a whole big fucker themselves this way.

Mushroom gravy:
>Loosely dice 1 medium onion and slice half a pound of white mushrooms
>Melt 1/3 cup of butter in a pot and add onions & mushrooms
>Keep in medium low heat until the butter starts browning and the mushrooms are half their original size
>Stir in flour until dough consistency
>Toss around for a couple minutes (let it brown a bit)
>Turn heat up to medium
>Add mushroom broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until fully mixed each
>Keep adding broth until desired weight is achieved (try it with a spoon) (Shouldn't be more than 2 cups or it will be watery)

youtube.com/watch?v=H6I4iJDZp70

This recipe's awesome, especially if you do as Chef John does and let it cook down even longer, 8-10 hours.

I eat prolly an onion a day. Everything i eat (for the most part) has onion and garlic in it. I dont have any recipes for onion because every recipe uses onion

This

You must have fiery breath

A fucking onion

Ingredients:
-one onion

youtube.com/watch?v=iRRYn4u4hdc

I like how he wiped his eye with the hand that was holding the onion.

I'm really missing a proper french onion soup. One twist I like to use on that is use a brown Belgian double trapist beer and leeks (white part) for the onion base when carmelizing.
Onions are the most basic and most wonderful ingredient in cooking!

Cheese and onion sammidge.
Butter 2 slices soft white sliced bread. Lay 2mm thick slices of 3/4 mature cheddar onto one piece of bread. Lay 1mm thick slices of sliced Roscoff onions on top of cheese. Top with the othe slice of sliced bread, butter side down. Slice on an angle, not corner to corner.

Make an onion soup with white wine and a little (single malt) whiskey. I use talisker, its fuckin wonderfull with toasted french pains with gruyere on top.

Genovese sauce is like 90% onions.

Yep. Also goes great with egg noodles and/or bacon.

fuck that sounds good. comfy skyrim food. beef broth could work do you think?

Eat them raw, with salt.

>ginger and onion
Never thought of this combination. Gonna have to try that. I love ginger, but I barely have any recipes that need it.

I never considered it amazing, but I might be making it wrong. I do make it occasionally, because it's easy and cheap.

just peal it add salt and eat it like a man you fucking pussy

this.

You buy an onion
Get rid of the skin
Clean it off
Then eat it like apple.

>Oh it burns.... *Tuh*
Fucking kek

>get rid of the skin

wtf is wrong with you the skin is the best part