IMPOSIBRU!!!

Anyone have in impossible burger yet?
Thoughts?

Whole foods sells this veggie burger made from beets that is actually super tasty.

Looks okay but that texture still doesn't look like meat.

I wasnt asking about beet burgers

I'd like to try one one day, but I probably wouldn't eat it for anything other than novelty.

Well who gives a fuck what you think, retard. Christ.

Beef is made from plants

There's no reason for anyone who would normally eat meat to try these as its goal is to emulate a beef burger which you can get for much cheaper

it looks terrible. if the texture of the 'meat' is as grainy as it looks, it is a guaranteed puke.

This.

A cow is just a complex machine for converting grass into protein and fat.

I don't know why people are trying so hard to mimic the taste and texture of meat with veggie burgers. You can make some tasty as fuck veggie burgers if you stop worrying about trying to imitate meat. All the imitation ones do is remind you with every bite that you're not eating a real burger.

>beef
>cheap
Pick one, unless you want tyson-tier meat

>jews
they are trying to expand their very limited market into the meat eaters.

USDA Choice chuck is $3 a pound. That's. Enough for 2-4 serbings. One of these gimmick burgers are likely $7+.

>making a veggie burger that looks like undercooked, worm ridden mystery meat is somehow appetizing

A person is just a complex machine for converting chicken nuggers into delicious steaks.

The meat industry in the US is a big problem. If this stuff could get as cheap as the factory farmed shit it would be a godsend.

Kinda funny since I had one a couple of hours ago. It's honestly pretty damn good. If you really ruminate on it you will notice the slight differences in texture, but overall I was impressed. As long as people don't fuck it up trying to overdo it I can see it being more popular.

Where? What fat to meat ratio? One pound of store brand 80/20 is like 5$

I'm not a faggot (vegetarian), but like eating the occasional veggie-burger just to mix things up. the bean/veggie patties can be pretty tasty when you want something light.

Aldi. Looks around 25-30 percent.

So tyson-tier

That's before it's cooked.

If you buy from a Fucking Gas Station maybe.

Better for burgers he means. Burgers are better with a higher fat ratio because the patties will hold form much better. 80/20 Chuck is good for other meals and is better for you,granted. But it's kind of shitty for burgers.

>gas stations sell pounds of raw meat

why u gotta be a bitch nigga

That looks like it would be alright with some bacon on it.

>Vegetarian burger
>Not just grilling a portobello

Shiggydiggy

It isn't awful, and can trick you pretty decently but your brain knows it isn't actually beef.

It's a nice novelty

KwikTrip, a midwest gas station chain, sells raw meats, some grocery produce like bananas and onions, diary, and other convenience products

It’s the best veggie burger I ever had, but the tongue-coating subtle chalkiness of the veggie patty temained

still not there, and to the discerning palate I’m not convinced I’ll see it in my lifetime

They're CLOSE, but you can absolutely tell it's not meat.

>If you really ruminate on it
>ruminate
>mfw
I'd try it but I doubt it will taste as good as an actual beef burger. Should just make it into something similar but its own thing that tastes good. I think lab-grown/cultured meat will be a better substitute for "real" meat than trying to turn veggies into meat.

Right I get that, but I'm talking about how the meat was raised and processed.

burgers have been around for over a hundred years tho

>All natural

Water, Textured Wheat Protein, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Leghemoglobin (soy), Yeast Extract, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Konjac Gum, Xanthan Gum, Vitamin C, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Zinc, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

I agree with that, I like the regular gardenburger fried crisp with mayo, onions, and avocado. Shits good but doesn't taste like a burger.

The texture looks fucking awful. No thanks. If for some reason I don't want to eat a beef burger, I'll stick with a Portobello mushroom "burger".

I’ve had a few veggie burgers in my day, and by far the best one was a bean burger that didn’t try to replicate the texture and taste of beef. Instead it was it’s own thing; a savory patty of multiple kinds of beans, some rye, and seasame seeds that was well seasoned and cooked. It was quite unlike any burger I’ve had before or since, and all the better for it.

I know of several chains of gas stations that sell raw meat. Where the fuck do you live?

I don't eat over processed vegan junk food.

I can buy grass fed 93/7 beef for 5 dollars a pound here in Idaho.

Man, it's too bad I can't eat with my eyes because looking like a real burger doesn't mean anything.

Its not entirely vegan as it contains heme.

Imminent cancer. I thought vegans cared about their health.

Denver. Grew up in cali. I guess there are those big truck stop places that sell everything.

Aside from the extraction of the heme i dont think its much of a process

Post picz

The heme is extracted from plants you grade A autist

Why so rude?

Real beef is made from plants as well.
This product "fixes" a problem that doesn't exist.

HA! gayyyyyyyyy

>mayo
fuck you carnist

Kay

wash your fucking hands

I do, multiple times daily. I work as a mechanic and I'm afraid the grease will never leave until i quit. Which won't be anytime soon as it's the only decent paying job where I live.

Just fucking with you, user.