Death

What books should I read to learn to cope with my mortality?

What the hell should I do with my mortality?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HdSp5kP8Edg
youtube.com/watch?v=JPAQpY0Wgyo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy Quran.
Jihad.

Life is only bearable knowing that it's eventually going to end and you just have to grind it out until then.

Denial of Death - Ernest Becker

old english lit is almost entirely concerned with the inevitability of death

read the wanderer
read the seafarer
read beowulf
read the wife's lament

Blaise Pascal and Saint Augustine

Verses on death - Hélinand de Froidmont

Gita\upanishads

Also reads Epicurus and his roman arch enemy,Epictetus

Or welcome yourself to occultism and try to find yourself something, or die trying, because that is the point, living while learning how to die.

listen to horse soldier, horse soldier
changed my life.

New Testament

Phaedo

Ozu's "Late Spring".

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HdSp5kP8Edg

Meditations.

White Noise by Don DeLillo is what you're searching for. No book has an answer for death though. You can only learn to cope with it or become religious.

"Heaven has no Favourites" and "A Time to Love and a Time to Die" by Remarque, maybe.

I imagine these books to be a bit comforting when you're in the face of death.
Also, I like both of them a lot better than All Quiet on the Western Front,

I'm writing a book about stuff, mostly other people's quotes and ideas. But everything is already other people's words.

One TL:DR
"You might as well do the best you can do in life, what do you have to lose? You're going to lose everything anyway, in the process of losing everything you may as well risk everything doing the best thing you can possibly conceive of. And there is no loss in that. For you, there is nothing but gain. There is nothing but gain for everyone around you if you do that. So why would you not do that?"

I found this one today.
>Do something in the world that leaves a mark, a positive mark. We live on through our works, what we leave behind for others; that's as close to living forever that I've found we would ever be.

youtube.com/watch?v=JPAQpY0Wgyo

I hate that its a meme but unironically this.

No other book has changed my perspective on life and death as much as Marcus Aurelius Meditations

The Bible

im not sure if white noise is the book OP is looking for since the whole point of that book is to make fun of people who need books to cope with such a thing as death, since this point will likely go way over op's head

Which translation is the best? there are like a million.

Well, some HIV positive guys cope with it by deliberately spreading HIV.

Have you considered becoming a dick?

...Or, to actually complete my analogy, have you considered becoming an antinatalist or similar?

hays

Daytripper is pretty good

Read the Death books in Discworld
It's been a while so I can't remember the exact order but the reading order is on the Discworld Wikipedia page. I can only remember Mort and thief of time off the top of my head.
They are pretty entertaining if you are into Pratchett's style of humor and it has some interesting ways of looking at things.

read the Stoics and stop being an absolute FAG, fag