How'd you feel about the final chapter, Veeky Forums?

How'd you feel about the final chapter, Veeky Forums?
And which ending of the two releases is more thematically satisfying to you?

none of them. The book fucking stinks. I don't care if Burgess was trying to replicate the slang filled dialogue of rowdy teenagers it's still fucking annoying to read and the payoff does not equal the price paid.

I read that book in my teenage days with two good friends of mine and we used to speak like that all the time and in public, it was among my funniest memories

holy shit you're a faggot

The book doesn't make sense without the last chapter. Without that chapter, you don't realise that the whole thing was just an angsty teen dream

The murrican publisher was a pleb for omitting the original ending.

the final chapter makes it better, because the book is about adolescence and growing up, and gaining empathy and becoming less of an edgelord as you mature

Get a load of the yarbles on this razdrez malchick, deserves a right tolchock to the gulliver for such cheepooka.

No matter how out of place the last chapter might be, it's still the only redeemable part or the book.

Last chapter was good. Reading the book was annoying for an Anglo like me who knows fuck all Russian. Had to keep flipping to the glossary like a dipshit.

monolingual pleb detected

Being this American...

oh great someone who thought that adding is random russian words was a stroke of genius. Kill yourself faggot. Go find a job inserting random english words into kpop songs

Me gusta tu~

I picked up that exact version last week at a thrift store for 20 cents. Should start reading it soon.

I always felt the last chapter was bittersweet: it's good he's giving up a life of crime, but he chooses peace over violence because he's bored. Though, that is a realistic best case scenario.

The last chapter feels forced and out of place, like the author was afraid of his own book so he had to tame it a bit.

>not speaking Russian and thus understand nadsat
get a load of this fucking faggot

>the book is about adolescence and growing up, and gaining empathy and becoming less of an edgelord as you mature
>the last chapter was bittersweet:
>The last chapter feels forced and out of place, like the author was afraid of his own book so he had to tame it a bit.
lolno

It's best to include the epilogue because it is a total condemnation of human nature. Alex is a fucking monster, and what becomes of him? He becomes one of us. We are alike. His desire for normality suggests his violence and depravity is not exclusive to him, not some psychotic aberration, but rather something inherent in all people.

If you couldn't adjust to the language of the book after the first few chapters you either didn't read it or you're an idiot.

I think the final chapter is genius. It subverts expectations to have Alex make such a major change and ultimately it felt way more conclusive for me than the "I'll just be evil forever" of the movie.

Did you guys like Kubrick's ending better than the novel's ending? I haven't read the book yet, but I loved the way Kubrick ended his version.

Last chapter was brilliant. People love to believe that once a thug, always a thug, or that the younger generation is somehow more corrupt or will lead to the ruination of society.

With the addition of the last chapter, it's shown that most young people grow up and get over it. Omitting it plays into the ephebiphobia of society

This. No joke, I read the book when I was like 11 and I felt that I developed a good grasp on the slang not very far into it.

chuckled at the webm

i liked it, kinda gave it ambiguity

The American one. I hate the way the original writes off the previous violence as "boys will be boys", and concludes that sadism is something that passes with age.

The final chapter is important. Alex is a token representation of the evil of man so seeing him opt to abandon it or at least disguise it creates an ambiguity instead of just "oh he's evil through and through"