What's your favourite piece of human ingenuity?

what's your favourite piece of human ingenuity?
Mine's the BAC TSR-2

Attached: 9122601uujjdkqbdz_fs.jpg (1600x923, 84K)

I don't think it is the cleverest thing by any stretch, but one of my favourites is farming. Instead of letting nature fuck around and be inefficient we made it our absolute bitch and it caused our population to explode far beyond what it could sustain. We bred animals to be completely docile and cooperative in this endeavour.

*far beyond what the environment would be able to sustain in its un-managed state I mean

yeah it's fun. My hobby is landscaping, I've planted a fruit garden in the meadow behind my house

racecar

Attached: tumblr_osnctmE50x1u8imavo1_500.png (500x495, 335K)

slinky

Aircraft carriers. How did we go from "let's build these boats to attack cities over water" to "let's build this city and make it float?"

Attached: dcs09-371-5.jpg (936x527, 78K)

automated shitposting twitter bots

a few good memes tbqh

Attached: 25041A2A-45E7-4887-9161-9DA04088114D.jpg (5628x3348, 1.49M)

GPS network is 5/5 breddy good

Attached: KnnNg.jpg (226x191, 28K)

good for you user

>I don't think it is the cleverest thing by any stretch

The opposite, it was briliant. First, you need to observe various complex mechanism in nature over a long time frame. And then tell your chad hunters to stop hunting and do some farming instead

Nuclear bomb. We took a piece of metal and extracted enough energy to level a city. Our ancestors would think we're fucking gods.

AC generators, the engine of our society.

Attached: Oregon-City-Falls-AC-Generator-1899-FSDM2.jpg (400x331, 122K)

guns make the world go around

Because mobility matters. Even in the modern era with missiles, it is far better to have 30-40 independently maneuverable (a combination of agility and range here) missile carrying aircraft (especially ones that can deploy/recover drones that can maneuver further as DARPA is studying) than it is to have one giant battleship with 1000+ missiles. Fact is, that one giant battleship is just a huge, slow target for much faster and longer-range aircraft who can more easily target it with dumb bombs.

This is also why China's attempt at island building is completely fruitless, in a real war all those places become nothing but target sinks that cannot move. For as much as people have tried to claim every new missile technology is a carrier-killer, it isn't. The better missiles available mean a much more capable carrier. Because it's not size that matters, it's mobility.

Which is partially why NASA is studying turboelectric/hybrid alrliners and electric propulsion, as both would mean carrier-based aircraft become much more capable especially when coupled with things like nuclear power or microwave power transmission. If an airplane can take off from a carrier, travel around the world and fly back, then each carrier effectively becomes capable of destroying any country on earth anywhere at any time.

Attached: composite-image-01a-121115.jpg (1600x900, 751K)

The creation of fire on demand. No fire, no exotic alloys (or extraction from ore come to think of it), no steam power generation (nuclear could maybe be abstracted as nuclear fire if you think down to a certain level), no basis for civilisation as we know it.

>the motor of our society

Fixed that for you, user.

>nuclear could maybe be abstracted as nuclear fire if you think down to a certain level

Yah if by "down to a certain level" you mean retardation.

Electronics. An entire thing made out of logic and 1s and 0s.

Transistors

If you don't understand their true value you don't deserve to be on this board