Any of you know any good books about the origins and development of the Slavic/balto-slavic languages?

Any of you know any good books about the origins and development of the Slavic/balto-slavic languages?

Besides Poland and Russia, they are all cultureless derivative shitholes.
Sienkiewicz's Knights of the Cross is good, or so I heard.
Reymont's The Peasants is also good if you want a comfy read.

Croatia has some good writers but that's it. Serbians are morons and Bosnia can only produce poets for some reason.

Begin with the Byzantines

Serbs are animals.

>baltic
>cultureless shithole
You coukdn't possible recognize culture if it hit your face, Tyrone

Ask Saloforum on twitter

Sorry I forgot to mention Estonia's poetic National Epic.

>balkan
>cultureless shithole
You coukdn't possible recognize culture if it hit your face, Pedro

I live next to that violent stone age shithole and besides pretend slavic memes and genocides, nothing happens there.
Everything south of Croatia should be carpet bombed.

Read about The Great Lechite Kingdom

>romania
>hungary
>not slavic

You can suck my dick slav(e) shit.

Rude, also my country never genocided anyone

Slovenia?
The only innocent one I can think of.

what do you mean, like grammar/history books?

Nah, tho most Balkan countries haven't committed any genocides, if I'm not mistaken. For example Greece, Bulgaria, Romania and Macedonia haven't participated in any iirc

>Romania hasn't

This objectively false Greeks have destroyed plenty of boipussy.

>Muh culturally enriched paradise
We have some really good writers in the balkans

Name five (5), from each country

Miroslav Krleža
August Šenoa
Krešimir Hendrik Frize
Vladimir Drašković
Ivo Andrić

>If you don't like my shithole, you are a yankee
Stay mad balkanshit

>hating on based Serbia
t. Muslim

Very nice, high five (5)

>thinking serbia is based
everything you know about the balkans is from Veeky Forums memes, isn't it?

>yankee
The fuck you talking about

Serbia is literally the Reddit of the Balkand

>Genocidal madpeople that kill anyone
>Starters of a world war
>Ruskie larpers

Serbia is pretty based desu.

Holy fuck, that really triggered you, didn't it?

>read: Kebab removers
>read: Yodelhans butchers
>read: Jew distrusters
Serbians fucking cucked themselves with milosevic and "muh righteous clay", they wanted to be the shit but are poor now, yet you have to admit they are persistent. Very based throughout history. Couldn't defeat the shiptar's procreation though. Their women are too "empowered".

Fuckers killed both Croatians and Hungarians.

They killed each other*

FTFY, it's called war, retard.

"Balto-Slavic" is a term made up by the Russians to justify their conquest and oppression of the Balts. Do not listen to Ivan, do not believe his lies.

Based. Add to that

Ivan Gundulić
Marin Držić
Ranko Marinković

>Massacring civilians and peasants
>war
They weren't even militiamen, they just rounded them up. And this was in 1848.

Also in 1918. abd 1941. and 1991.

>Croatians did not do this
>Hungarians did not do this
>Bulgarians did not do this
>Bosnians did not do this

Literally every shithole in the Balkans did it except Slovenia. It's not an argument as to how Serbia is worse than them.

Slovenians massacred around 40k Croats in 1945./46.
The mines are full of people who were burried alive.

All Slavs stemmed from Balts.

t. Lithuanian

>Besides Poland
If there is one country highlighted on that map that's cultureless, it's Poland.

treatise/historic/academic, that sort of thing

I would like to remind you that the Hungarian army didn't plan or carry out any pogroms against the serbs.
"The Free Units" which commanded themselves did carry out some massacres, but only as retribution, since these units were locals and suffered the wrath of the barbaristic serbs beforehand.
In WWII the ones responsible for the Novi Sad massacre were hanged or severely punished.

daunas

>I would like to remind you that the Hungarian army didn't plan or carry out any pogroms against the serbs.

If you'd read anything on WW1 you'd know this is false.

Oh, I guess you have because then you proceed to saying that they did, and you try to justify them because they are ''The Free Units'' and ''locals'' who were only paying them back. Which is false because those were not locals but the actual Austro-Hungarian army and later Hungarian army in WW2 with death camps and planned raids.

As if eye for an eye made it less barbaric. And as if Nazi crimes were less barbaric only because they are punished after the war. Retribution or not, punished or not, it's still barbarism, whoever does it. It's like saying that Serbs putting Muslims in camps is okay because they were punished later and because it was only locals who did it.

Also, it makes no sense to say that Serbian locals at the turn of the 20th century south of the Danube too committed crimes against Hungarians first, because they lived in different fucking countries and gave no shit about each other until that nigger Princip shot Ferdinand. In fact, Serbs were given land and farms in Hungary to protect the border and no killed each other. The atrocities began in WW1 and were carried out across the land, not just where they were in contact with each other. I guess your argument is that they transferred the blame on the entire neighboring nation for what a handful of locals in Vojvodina, Hungarian country, did? That is retarded chimping out.

Only Serbs who were in direct, relevant contact with Hungarians lived in Hungary, as I said, Vojvodina today, and they were border guards who were allowed to move there a couple of centuries prior to WW1, to avoid getting assblasted by Turks. How would they be allowed to commit atrocities against native Hungarians there? What the fuck are you talking about?

Forgot to mention that was in 1848
WWI was a completely different matter with all around barbarism.

>being this much of a pleb

Proof plz? Also while we're at it, lets talk about Istra ;)

>still no relevant literature recommendations posted

bravo

I blame the serbs and their animalistic behaviour

>mentioning any of the former yugo countries in the same thread
yeah no wonder this thread got derailed so quickly

Miroslav Krleža for novels
Antun Gustav Matoš for poetry
but i'm not sure if they're translated or even how well

>thread about Slavs
>Balkans mentioned of course
>complete ethnic shitstorm about past events

Wow I couldn't believe it unless I saw it

i'm not asking for literature, im asking for texts discussing the origins and development of the languages

bump you faggots

The Slav is immunized against all insults. Call him subhuman, a terrorist, a scoundrel, it all washes over him like water over a raincoat. But call him Asian and see how quickly he recoils, "I've been found out"!

Scratch a Russian and you wound a Tatar.

Ivo Andrić, Meša Selimović, Slavoj Žižek, Petar Perović Njegoš, Kosta Racin, Ivo Andrić; Miroslav Krleža, Gundulić, Marko Marulić, Janko Polič Kamov, Luka Bekavac, France Perešen ect

and obligatory

Predrag Matvejević - was supposed to be nominated for nobels but died recently

to

see

Jergović

For development of languages look up Brižinski Spomeniki

>Implying Croatia isn't better in everyway.