Liquid wood

Hey Veeky Forums,
Does wood have a liquid form?

Attached: under-flow-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 116K)

woodworm poop :DDD

Why don't you look into my boxers and find out?
;-P ^_> :-* (^o^)~

That's probably a solid

Since wood is not a homogeneous mixture it can't be liquid or solid by definition

No. It'd just burn. I don't know what happens if you heat it in an inert atmosphere.

what if you had a homogeneous mixture of wood?

>I don't know what happens if you heat it in an inert atmosphere.
Try it, maybe you'll invent charcoal

I mean if you cut it up into powder and put it into water you would get close to liquid wood

brainlet GOTEEEM

idk about charcoal

Impossible since the definiton of wood is quite the opposite of what you want - wood consists of many different compounds that can be liquified by themselves
You can turn cellulose for example into liquid but it's not wood

It's like saying if rock can have a liquid form, or human can have liquid form (while your cells are liquid inside)

>Not knowing how charcoal is made
So many brainlets here

Wood is not an element.

Ethanol is not an element too but you can turn it into solid, liquid or gas

Attached: brainlet.png (230x219, 7K)

Yep.

Attached: LiquidWood___51b786299bf37.gif (432x348, 61K)

That description sounded pretty gay for some reason

wood is not a pure substance you retard

>you can't have liquid rock
Have you never heard of lava/magma?

>you can't have liquid human
Have you never heard of Soylent?

Start a campfire, hold a plate above it for an hour or so. All that tarry shit is liquid wood.

Why do some things melt but others burn

Attached: products_original.png (246x407, 129K)

lmao

Wood is carbon-based plant matter.

Put it in the ground for a million years and it'll turn into oil.

Then America will bomb you and steal your liquid wood.

wood undergoes pyrolysis before melting, so no

>lava is a liquid

are you an idiot? molten and liquid aren't the same thing.

>magma isn't a liquid

Attached: 1520897903794.png (1440x1557, 738K)

>mixtures are one state of matter

Attached: 1495527254238.jpg (274x265, 58K)

haha ebin xD

Attached: 1516616414286.jpg (425x450, 101K)

>It's like saying if rock can have a liquid form, or human can have liquid form

There are some fairly nasty images from /b/ that indicate humans can indeed become a liquid.

wood is essentially carbon no?

Kekekekekekek

Technically speaking you have a full liquid form, but it would involve a vat of acid...

I mean... technically they AREN'T but...
Molten is a past participle of Melt, which itself literally means "to become liquefied by heat" or simply "or become liquid." As a descriptive term, Molten describes something that has been liquefied by heat.

I actually have some sulfuric acid so I'll test it out

>wood can't be solid
so this... is the power... of science

Interesting question, when wood burns its just wood particles evaporating and then igniting yeah? Can you really not heat it up slowly and hit a melting point before it starts igniting? Is the melting point higher than that? Could you put it under pressure and hit the melting point sooner?

>or solid
what the fuck
i'm going to need an explanation, otherwise i'm denouncing all of chemistry as sophistry

>aqueous solution of wood
lol

What exactly does it mean to be liquid? Exactly where is the cutoff point to liquidous state? Why is some Matter liquid and others not? Does it all just change into each other

The underlying problem here is can carbon be made a liquid? Is there a liquid state anywhere in carbon's phase diagram?

maybe, if you think the hutchison effect is real.

Matter of definition. A nice approach is Landau's concept of order parameters, at least for continuous phase transitions.

As for wood - it's a complex composite material. Phase diagrams wouldn't make much sense for those. You'd have to map out a new diagram for every different type of wood, wood geometry, age, and so forth.

Because burning is reaction with Oxygen (or something else depending on the definition of burning you want to use) and melting is changing the state from solid to liquid. Two unrelated things.

>Magma is liquid
Pic related. Magma is indeed molten rock but you can't use state of matter to heterogenous compounds like those since neither rock, nor magma have a clear scientific definiton which would define their state of matter.
Yeah, rock is mostly silicate crystal with anything, magma are molten silicate crystals with anything but since melting points of different things are different and you didn't even define which is which you can't say bullshit like that.
It's like using a ruler to measure weight.

Attached: brainl3.png (235x214, 22K)

>water dissolves wood
lol