What's the worst that could happen if I didn't start with the Greeks?

What's the worst that could happen if I didn't start with the Greeks?

Become vegan
Kill Isis
Avoid acné
Never go to /pol/.
You could lose your virginity
Lose your waifu

pic related

you might become a hegelist

Lol!

What's the worst that could happen if I don't read the Greeks?

The brunt of his work is about going back to prehistoric archetypes so I don't really see how that's a good attack on him.

The worst that could happen is you get washed up in contemporary garbage and live a life where the best literary work you'll ever read is Fight Club.

This

ding ding

How the fuck does one start with the greeks exactly?

I expect a comment from NYT on the following passage:

James Risch - Idaho:
I remember you talked with us shortly after february 14th when "the new york times" wrote an article that suggested that the trump campaign was colluding with the Russians (.....) that upset you to the point where you went out and surveyed the intelligence community to see whether you were missing something in that, Is that correct?

James Comey:
That's correct. (.....)

James Risch - Idaho:
(.....) you sought out both republican and democrat senators to tell them that, hey, I don't know where this is coming from, but this is not the case. This is not factual. Do you recall that?

James Comey:
Yes.

James Risch - Idaho:
Okay. So, again, so the American people can understand this, that report by "the new york times" was not true, Is that fair statement?

James Comey:
It was not true.

>prehistoric archetypes

t. pseud who didn't start with the greeks

imho the only real use for studying the classics like plato and them boys is for philosophy.

if you're in it for fiction only, just read the mythology because that shit gets alluded to a lot in western lit.

You'll believe you understand more about the world than you actually do.

Worst of all, you'll talk to people, who know even less than you, as though you know what you're talking about, and they will believe you.

In essence, you'll become a pseud, who creates wanna-be-pseuds - hastening the collapse of Civilization one conversation at a time.

You can prevent this disaster by going back and studying the Greeks. Then contemplate everything you would have seen had you started with the Greeks.

You'll become one of OP's wanna-be-pseud followers.

>Think radical-left-wing feminazi hipster who absolutely loves Bill Nye and Rupi Kaur, or a radical-right-wing-redpilled neonazi conspiracist who keeps a dooms-day bunker and plays xbox live as a form of combat training.

Iliad.

You could actually enjoy reading.

spbp

Nothing. Shakespare and Dante only read Latin, and they did all right.

realistically speaking, the worst that could happen is having to come back to the greeks after realizing you can't understand 90% of later philosophers because you haven't read plato and aristotle, or that you missed a lot of references from the iliad, the odissey, the herodotus' history or thucydides peloponnesian war, or that you haven't read many of the greatest playwrights ever written.

seriously, memes aside, if you want to take
>literature
and/or
>philosophy
and/or
>theology
and/or
>history
you MUST start with the greeks.

no
way
around
it

look at any non-western country.

Pleb spotted.

This.
They're all worthless shitskin wastelands.