Anybody here apple knife? Everytime I'm at work...

Anybody here apple knife? Everytime I'm at work, my co-workers give me weird looks whenever I decide to eat an apple with my Opinel No. 8. Is this normal? Also how else do you eat apple? What's your favorite variety? I'm nomming on a Granny Smith right now, is purty good.

Gotta check em for grenades right

I just hold it and bite it. I don't think it's weird to use a knife, but it seems like an unnecessary step. I've been favoring Pink Ladies recently.

See, my gums bleed if I just bite into an apple, so I've taken to cutting them into bite sized chunks as I go.

Is there a particular knife you guys like to apple knife with? As I've said, I usually go for my Opinel No. 8, it's just the right size, super thin, and ridiculously sharp.

cutting it into quarters, coring the quarters, and then cutting it more if you want, before eating, thats ok.

Just cutting bits off as you go and eating them with the knive is what you do to intimidate someone or look cool (or look like an autistic faggot)

I usually cut into quarters, core and then cut into eighths. I use a barlow tho
Pink Lady and Honeycrisp are my jam

See I think they're just racist, as I'm not trying to intimidate anyone, but I almost always eat an apple after sending my morning prayers to Allah. Why take all that time cutting, won't the apple just turn brown if I go at it all at once?

eating an apple like that is fedora as fuck

>my gums bleed if I just bite into an apple
start flossing

apples are gross and dry

I always cut my fruit, even bananas. I'm not a heathen. I also use an Opinel. I have an 8 and a 6, and I use them both with the same frequency. If anyone has given me a weird look, I've never noticed, and don't care.
Anyway, the new crops of apples and pears are coming in where I live, so I've been eating as many of them as possible.

>autistic
ive never seen anyone do this irl except my granddad that died in 1999. Im gettin kind of tired of this autistic meme. It seems like a fun thing to do. If I saw someone eating fruit with a knife or doing anything slighlty out of the ordinary, im not going to say huurr thats autistic!
>trying to intimidate someone!
what? is this from some anime or show?

>2017
>eating apples
Faggot

The doctors be fast on yo ass

>bringing your big boy knife to work just to eat apples with it

I bet you think you're the ultimate badass

Good post

I don't apple knife. I cut my apple with a walnut Opinel No. 6, wipe it down, then put it away. Especially around others.

If I'm having olives out of a rocks glass, I'll use the blade to pick them out and eat. Sometimes I'll use it to cut and carry steak to my mouth, but only if I'm alone.

>ITT STUFF FROM MY DEAD GRANDPA

>my co-workers give me weird looks whenever I decide to eat an apple with my Opinel No. 8. Is this normal?

It's normal in that the modern workplace is so afraid of knives you'll get those same weird looks for even just opening a package with one.
If you spend less than 5 minutes fiddling with a screwdriver or housekey trying to open reinforced packing tape then you're a terrorist.

cut the damn thing with pic related like a normal person. you are autistic because you don't seem to understand how people could be alarmed and interpret you doing this as brandishing a knife at them to intimidate them.

Nah, it's mine. The cigar tray was a gift from a friend. The pipe is a couple years old, and cheaper than spending on cigars. The KABAR I bought when I was promoted to Sergeant. The Case knife I would use to prep food in the barracks. The Opinel I bought recently because it's an /out/ meme and I didn't want to use the Case for eating. sage.

>buying kitchen clutter
user...

fuck you apple cutters are useful
I hate getting apple skin in my teeth by eating uncut apples

My teeth are shit from dipping for 15 years and avoiding dentists, you have an issue m8.

No, I eat it with my hands or slice the entire thing then eat it. Eating it piece by piece with a knife seems a little like you're trying too hard to look cool but it's within the confines of acceptable behavior IMO.

I eat the core, though, which might be seen as gross/weird. Anybody else do this? I also eat entire kiwis, skin included (seriously, try it, it's fine).

What kind of weirdo place do you where someone cutting their food is interpreted as "brandishing a knife at" everyone? You fucking freak.

with a fucking pocket knife?

>using a laboring/camping knife to cut apples at work
if someday opinel knives are fucking overprized because hipsters, I'm blaming you

I peel them because I think washing the skin isn't enough to get rid of all the monsanto shit

I also eat the core. I eat half of it, knock the seeds out, and then eat the other half.

Opinels are not "labor" or camping knives. They are thin-bladed peasant knives. Eating apples, pears, figs, citrus, bread, so on and so on, or shaving soft kindling, is exactly what they are for.

A knife between 3 and 7 inches that you keep in your pocket. They're useful for utility, but potentionally used for self defense. Personally I carry a utility tool that has a knife for day to day usage, but generally keep a 6 inch pocket knife when I'm not working.

I'm assuming you're European or from some cucked state.

nope Midwest
I have a pocket knife too but I flick it out to open boxes, not eat a fucking apple

Opines are French you fuckwit.

No one mentioned opines in the post I responded to, faggot

If I saw a dude at an office apple-knifing it, I would assume he's trying too hard to show off either his knife or his manliness, then go about my day. Somehow it would make more sense if you worked as a mechanic or in construction, where your hands get dirty.

This.

I work in retail (manager, not a cashier cuck) and have to open boxes a lot. Company gave us a bunch of "safe" boxcutters with basically no sharp edge and they suck ass. I carry a little 2" pocketknife specifically for that; it's dull af and not long enough to do any damage. Also, you can clearly tell I use it for boxes because the blade usually is sticky from packing tape residue.

I get looks from the other managers and a visiting manager even voiced her concern once. I just laughed. She's not even with the company anymore