Go to McDonald's late at night craving a chocolate shake and quarter pounder

>Go to McDonald's late at night craving a chocolate shake and quarter pounder
>"Sorry, our ice cream machine is down."
>Don't feel like the burger without the shake
>Leave without getting anything

Why does this happen so frequently? What's wrong with ice cream machines? Are they not properly maintaining them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XD7uKwtc_FU
youtube.com/watch?v=kN2CaVdE-fs
reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3vu360/what_is_reeeeeeee/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The ice cream machines are never actually broken.
They're a pain in the ass to clean and are used so infrequently that it's easier just to claim that they're broken than it is to actually use them.

In events like these, file a complaint online. The location will get a visit from corporate and action will be taken.

They typically clean the machine at night, that's why it was down.

I work there and yeah sometimes it will freezer lock if not mantained properly. Really, I don't know how to fix it when it locks up the kitchen manager will fix and clean in the morning.

The machine does an automatic cleaning cycle every night at like 3am-7am something like that

This however tell a white lie and say that you went back multiple times and they kept saying it was being cleaned. Make sure that you include that you have been a faithful McDonald's customer for years and years but that experience made you boil over and now you won't be visiting. Also, include that the employee was rude, dismissive about you wanting to spend money at their establishment.

Squeaky wheel get's the grease--or in this case, the shake heh heh ;)

Go to the gas station and get one of these.

>tell a white lie
>blow it all out of proportion
Fucking psycho, it's a goddamn milkshake!

Kinoshakes

lol is that what you tell people Jamal?

Don't get people's hopes up with that shit

just go to steak n shake

This, you have no idea what a white lie is.

Where do i go to file a complaint?

Do it in person.
Climb over the counter if need be, you have a voice and it must be heard!

go to steak and shake instead.

That's not really ice cream. More like ice cream product. Hence "shake" instead of "milk shake".

youtube.com/watch?v=XD7uKwtc_FU

youtube.com/watch?v=kN2CaVdE-fs

>tfw walked into McDonalds the first time in 12 years after getgting a craving for a Milkshake
>tfw cashier says they're out of ice cream.

Not that user but
>Employee is lazy and refuses to do his job to deliver the companies products to customers

>HOW DARE YOU TRY AND GET THAT POOR INNOCENT WAGE SLAVE IN TROUBLE!

You are literally cucked

Cringe. Had to close halfway through out of second hand embarrassment.

He literally REEEEE'd.

I smiled

>He literally REEEEE'd.
Just watched it to see that. I didn't know they even said that on reddit.

The ice cream machines are always broken at my McDonald's.

>What's wrong with ice cream machines? Are they not properly maintaining them?
The night crew starts cleaning up stuff before the store actually closes. If someone orders something last minute they either have to boot it back up and clean it again or tell the customer that they won't do it. The workers prefer to clean shit early because they can leave as soon as the restaurant closes, provided everything is cleaned.

Anyway, you should just make your own milkshakes, it's quicker than driving out to a store. Just experiment with different ratios of milk+ice cream in your blender, you'll find a consistency that you like eventually.

From like 2 to 4 am most corporate locations' ice cream machine does self cleaning

It came from Reddit, dumbass.

I work at a gas station that has these and they're pretty good, but I'd never pay what most places charge for them. They're just ice cream.

this. these are great in a pinch. but yeah, don't expect milkshakes from mcdonalds late night. those niggers are lazy. go to jack or wendys.

>The night crew starts cleaning up stuff before the store actually closes.

I sometimes really hate it when people do this. Last friday I went to a shop to get some fries and I went at 7:30PM, shop closes at 8:00PM. I come in and there's a mob standing in the middle of the hallway, there's cleaning sprays all over the counter, a random closet was open in the middle of the walkway behind the counter with towels on the floor as if there has been a leak. People are not even doing anything with the stuff it is just lying around and they're messing around with one another cause nobody has his mind set on working. If it is 7:50 I get it, but don't leave towels and a mob lying around at 7:30, these kids think that if the shop closes it means they have to be out around that time as well, whereas in my head I think you close up at 8:00 and then clean everything up cause you don't have any customers getting in the way.

You're the one that eats at McDonald's though lmao.

>these kids think that if the shop closes it means they have to be out around that time as well
Not the kids, their boss.
The boss wants them out as soon as possible so they don't have to pay them.

lies

What absolutely retarded timing. It cuts off the lonely and depressed as well as the stoners.
Any ice cream machine cleaning should occur between 4am and 6am. There is zero chance anyone wants an ice cream product during that period. Zero.

You say that but as someone who works those hours, you get almost no customers unless a bar closes. Those are just the hours the least amount of sales happens and it's not like it hurts sales, people like op are incredibly rare, everyone just buys something else instead.

Ironically most locations are closed from 10 PM to 5 AM...

Okay ex-employee here you milkshake drinking faggots. The machine goes into an auto-clean mode at 12am exactly and it lasts until around 4am. It boils the milk and does a bunch ifof random shit. It doesn't matter if you're in the middle of making a shake at that moment, at 12 it locks itself. If it's not cleaned properly or maintained the machine will go into a "freezer lock" mode which means it's time to take the whole machine appsrt and detail clean it and put in new ice cream mix because the one that's in there most likely spoiled. And I'm sure that's no only mcdicks. I also worked whataburger and their shake machine did the same shit.

thanks

Got one of these in the little convenience stores in the dorm next to mine, good shit and the place is open until 12am.

Wage slaves do not deserve sympathy or joy in their lives.

soft-serve machines are capricious like a woman.
>many, small moving parts
>all have to be disassembled in a precise order like diffusing a bomb
>all have to be washed on the tray because they are small
>all need to be hand-lubed
>reassembled in order
every other day

Nope, it came from r9k.

>The machine goes into an auto-clean mode at 12am exactly

This can't be true. I've gotten shakes from Maccas between 12am and 3am before.

after migrating from reddit. dumbass.

No, here's faggots from your shit site asking about it and is told where it came from.
reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3vu360/what_is_reeeeeeee/
Kill yourself.

That might be true at the particular places you worked but where I live I've gotten shakes past midnight. Must be a particular brand of machine that has auto cycles.

>that little cup for that price

Jew F'real executive detected

I work there, never had issues with the ice cream machine.

Kek immediately what I thought of too

I've worked at McDonald's. The machines are actually always broken. There's only one maintenance guy in each state who works under headquarters and goes around fixing the machines for all the stores. He usually visits my store like once a month so the machines really don't work.

I've had a friend who worked as a manager in McDonalds a few years ago and I asked them about this one day. Basically, those ice cream machines are a complete fucking shitshow. HE explained to me that those machines are decently complicated and have a fuckload of moving parts, making it difficult to clean. Not only that but because f the multiple pieces you can't just get anyone to clean it, in his store at the time only the managers were qualified to do so. Then there's the fact that the machines actually DO break down a fair amount and because of the multiple pieces they have no clue what went wrong. So they have to call in a maintenance guy who fixes it as best he can until the thing inevitably fucking shuts down again.

He obviously had some complaints about his time at McDonalds, but he still says to this day that the ice cream machine in his store was the worst part of the job.

>Little

How obese are you? One of those is a meal for me. So good but very filling

Nothing is wrong with it. They turn the shake machines off at night.

too god damned expensive

This motherfucker knows the score.
McDonald's milkshakes are small time. Find a better fucking establishment with quality milkshakes.

Just go toWendy's bro, get some of their tendies and a frosty

I've had this happen at least 5 times since they started giving those free shake/mcflurry coupons

actually just happpend last week and just this week I place my order for chocolate shake and then they tell me only vanilla is available when i'm about to get my order

Get on from jakes way back Burger better shake and better burgers

yea, never once have I been told the frosty machine was down

also I go at lunch time so people saying the machine is cleaning are wrong

How poor are you?

I worked at at Sonic one summer. If they store closes at 1am then you have to punch out at 1am. So all your cleaning has to be done before they close.

although i don't work at mcdonald's this is an outright fucking lie. regional business coaches that handle customer complaints work with franchisee management to make a resolution, they never take sides in cases of complaints. it's literally not their job to fucking yell at you, they have no power over you, they can't get you fired, or even recommend there as such. the store management know each other better than this and aren't going to dismiss a valuable employee because of one false story. lying about your experience to try to get someone fired is completely fruitless in the majority of cases. you're a fucking asshole for suggesting even trying that, and for even still carrying that 'customer is always right mindset' because this bullshit you just wrote is how 100% of you 'customer is always right'-believing crack babies actually think.

i hope your night is ruined, and that someday you may suffer an extremely painful extended period of necrotizing fasciitis.

Way back in high school some friends and I wanted some mcdobalds ice cream late at night and we had time to burn so we went to almost every McDonald's in town. They all said their machines were broken and at the last place, we kind of fucked with them and asked if every McDonald's broke their machines at the same time and shit like that. This was many years ago before the memes.

I used to get these all the time. They used to go by a different name I think. Or maybe my gas station just switched brands or something. My mom used to always buy one for me. They're kind of expensive though, but not too bad.

I work at McDonald's (Canada) and we have never lied about it being broken. We always tell customers the truth in that it's being cleaned and here's the thing, after it's cleaned, we don't sell any more. Our Manager will even say, well it's being cleaned, what do you expect. It's like our grilled chicken, once we run out, we don't sell anymore. Most of the time it's not even the employees, it's from the Management that tell us. Feel free to ask any questions about my shitty life there.

>buy ice cream
>let it melt a little
>stir it with your spoon until it's sot

That's all it is

It's late at night. They're just not enough frosty in the machine to justify adding more for what is probably a single customer for the rest of the night.

This.
I worked at Tim Hortons, and was always forced to leave exactly when my shift ended, even if they were slammed with customers and I wanted to stay and help.

how much is it?

Niggers strive to do the absolute bare minimum. The ice cream machine requires slightly more work than food prep, and since the manager isn't there at night they just tell you it's broken.

Listen to this user

If you write a well written complaint, action will get taken and you might even get a gift card.

I got the wrong chicken wings once (boneless) and I was drinking and decided to complain. Next day I received a response and they mailed me a $20 gift certificate for the restaurant.