How do I read faster? I already keep my finger on the line I'm reading...

How do I read faster? I already keep my finger on the line I'm reading, reduce subvocalization and try to keep a steady speed, but I often get lost in the words or read the same words over and over.

Just read more, it comes naturally. Don't reduce subvocalization though. It's such an awful meme here and leads to a reduction in understanding and appreciation of text.

>I already keep my finger on the line I'm reading
Are you memeing or truly this degenerate?

It actually helps to read faster because you never get lost in the other lines on the page.

What's your fucking problem, faggot?

Sounds dumb but just read through it. If it takes you longer to read a book so what, it's not a race

Yep.

My "problem" is that I fail to comprehend how you can get "lost" while reading on a little piece of paper. Whatever, go on and read like a dog.

Read something you enjoy and don't worry about speed.

There's nothing with reading slowly, user. Think of a book as a good and fancy meal, you don't appreciate more if you eat it faster.

It's more important to comprehend what you're reading. Also everyone subvocalizes. Technology has even been developed that can read a person's mind by detecting subvocalizations of their thoughts, let alone what they're reading.

It's only possible to increase your reading speed so much, and then no matter what you lose comprehension. That peak is really not all that much faster than average despite what the speedmemers say. There's a reason they can't tell you what they read 30 seconds after "reading" it.

Caring about reading speed is a meme originally created to sell books and classes on speed reading.

>Technology has even been developed that can read a person's mind by detecting subvocalizations
What? Source?
I read at about 300 wpm, a friend of mine reads at about 1000 and has very good reading comprehension, perhaps only slightly worse than mine. His memory for details is also much better than mine, and I'll sit rereading certain sentences 4 or 5 times.

Why do you want to read faster?

To read more books and impress fucks on goodreads? Shame on you

Law school.

I think reading a lot of books can change my life because I'm really naive.

I read 25 pages in the time span of 30 minutes. H-how am I doing?

You are skimming scum

Not really. I subvocalize every word, except for names because English isn't my first language, they look weird 2bh.

Shyte that was meant for

I try to never take breaks when I read, I get stuck in reveries so often that those alone are enough for "rest" and reflecting on what I read. Although I have been getting nightmares or more like stressful dreams where I'm rereading sentences in my head but I can't make sense of them. These dreams are very hazy though, tend to break up my sleep as I'll wakeup in 3 hour intervals.

This

You read faster only when you're more focused or interested in the text. There are no sectet tricks or magic solutions.

Get rid of any distractions, even the smallest noise like a computer fan will annoy you, turn off screens or anything that might draw your attention away, make sure you've eaten and are comfortable sitting and reading. Also when you use your finger to guide yourself, try not to do it too stringently. Just keep your finger around the paragraph you're reading, and focus on the words like you would reading normally; it helps you keep track of the lines, but still maintains the utility. Don't try and speed read unless you're just trying to skim quickly, or you're reading a technical book and think you can absorb the information fast enough. I've also found the best temperature to be around 65 degrees, but underneath a cover. Take care to ensure that you have hours to sit down and read. A big problem I had was I'd imagine myself reading inbetween gaps in my schedule, but I'd never be able to sit down and read a satisfactory amount; at best I'd read the minimum 10 pages I set for myself.

And make sure you enjoy what you read. Try and grab a short novel that you think you'll enjoy reading, even if it's not a classic or informational. You want to enjoy reading small texts, so you can work up to pretending to enjoy reading long texts. Good luck from a fellow slow reader, who takes pride in reading a measly 70 pages a day.

the more you read the less your eyes move ie instead of scanning the whole line your eyes can pick up words either side of the word you look at

when i read i look at the middle of each line and my eyes peripherally see the other words. usually do this about twice or 1.5 times per line.

also coffee. also fapping 24/7 gives you brain fog so it's harder to concentrate. Also meditation helps you focus