/beer/

No beer thread? Let's fix that. Al/ck/ is not the same.

Fruition is hopper than I'd like. Drank 2 delicious Rosettas already.

Went back to this place recently. Still phenomenal. Their dark gourd this year is a smoked doppelbock and it's the best yet. They also had a gratzer on tap which is the second place I've seen make one this year in Minnesota. Great, unique style.

they really picked a hard to read font

had one of these last night, was really god

They really like bathory and black metal. Last time I went they were playing Earth though which was nice.

Also some of this which was also good

These two are my all time favorites, european though

I will definitely be buying that shit if I ever see it just because they are into bathory. I'm in Kentucky so a MN beer shouldn't be that hard to find.

I fucking love fruity beers, will be checking that out.

Night cap!

daily reminder.

IPAs are cancer. And if you are caught referring to your beer as 'juice' because of haze, you should be gassed.

>reeeeeeeeeeee

Nah I like them

They aren't called juicy because they are hazy. Its just that 'Juicy' IPAs and hazy IPAs are both good (relative to old school resinous, clear west coast IPA) so they are typically produced with both traits in new popular IPAs

>”craft” beer

>people who don't primarily drink good beer

>mfw there's a bottle of surly darkness next to a six pack of high life in my fridge

>the very fact that cheap beer is sold in 6 pack format
Like doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
I bought a lot of 30 racks of High Life in college, and then some 24 packs of tallboys of them, but I've never considered buying a macro in 6 pack form

>want some porter because it goes great with the cooling weather
>go to 2 stores with decent beer selections
>only porters are a smoked porter, a salted caramel barrel aged porter, and a chocolate coffee porter
For fuck's sake I just want a god damn regular porter please.

I mean has chocolate and coffee ever made a porter worse?

anons, whats the most beer you've had in one sitting and how did you feel afterwards

I don't remember

ok, I don't usually get very hungover, especially when I stick to beer

It's pretty good actually, but it's further into stout territory than I was looking for. I want something with a bunch of brown malt in it.

28, not too great

just bought a six pack of blue moon. any fans? probably my favorite beer

I don't know how many but obviously the answer to the second part of the question is "not good".

one of the best US macros
if you like it you should delve into belgian wheats because the vast majority of them are better

An entire 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon one night i felt nice qnd buzzed, but not drunk.
I felt a little dry the next morning, but otherwise not bad.

ive had hoegaarden before and loved it. It tastes better than blue moon but its a little too much on the sweet side for me.

stop posting good rare beer here, no one else does

>Rochefort goblet for a Westvleteren
Come on!

Anyone ever have the maharajah IPA from costco?

It was a large beer with like 10% abv

I think it was a 24 pack of coors light. I tore down one of the bedroom doors and smashed it up and blasted metal and hatsune miku. Felt p good about it the next day honestly

Sitting by the beach, drinking old rasputin and eating buttery french cheese. Life is fucking good.

I work at 5am. I like having something easy drinking it the fridge that won't fuck me up. 30 rack takes up too much space and they don't sell 12 packs of high life tall boys

finally trying this
better be as good as you lads hyped it up to be or else

ok you can all relax, it's great

It's overated.
Nice beer but nothing special.

Bock from a brewery in the north of the Netherlands. Tastes more like a porter though, but definitely not bad.

is it worth the hype and the money?
how does it compare to bernardus?

Imho, a Bernardus aged for a year (which is also the recommended time to age an Westy 12) is indistinguishable from the Westvleteren 12. The mistake most people make with the Abt 12 is to drink it too cold, and deciding it tastes like nothing; you have to drink it at cellar temperature.

Westvleteren 12 is worth the money, once, to try it. After that, just stick to Bernardus and Rochefort 10. Bernardus is the original Westvleteren recipe after all.