How do I make buffalo cauliflower bites crispy without flour?

How do I make buffalo cauliflower bites crispy without flour?

Why can't you use flour?

You don't. A starch is required.

>all starches are flour
Neck yourself.

Not op but I'm guessing he's trying to keep it keto.

get almond flour, ketofag

Only the ones that matter mongol.

Throw them away and make real buffalo wings. Save the bones and make soup stock. The residual hot sauce on the bones gives it an extra kick.

I'm not into keto. I just want to cut the calories.

I seriously hope that you are not serving that stock to others.

No. I save that deliciousness all for myself. Even if I did serve it to others, I leave it boiling for an entire day so I'm sure it would be fine. Quit being such a germaphobe.

why tho?

Oh, so you do serve it to other people. That's fucking disgusting. I'm sure they won't appreciate your "dude it's just my germs lmao" argument if you told them that your spit was an ingredient in their food.

How do you eat anything if you seem to believe that cooking food doesn't kill the germs on it?

To cut calories

But why

get on a bike or treadmill

Moving the goalposts. There is a difference between purposelessly adding bacteria to food during the cooking process and killing extant bacteria in food through cooking. Your spit is an ingredient in that soup. Now, it's one thing if you're personally OK with eating your own day-old mouth bacteria, but an entirely different thing if you're feeding it to others. I promise you that the majority of the population would prefer not to eat your spit, and that doesn't make them germaphobes.

I lift weights

OP, I'm guessing that "buffalo cauliflower bites" are cauliflower florets that are breaded, deep fried, then coated with buffalo sauce. Just skip the breading and roast the cauliflower until crispy and cooked through, then toss in buffalo sauce.

If you're so concerned about calories, though, it might behoove you to know that buffalo sauce is usually 50% hot sauce and 50% butter.

>roast the cauliflower until crispy

i lol'd

?

the hot air circulating around the oven will both dry out and eventually brown the cauliflower. the cauliflower will also fry in the oil you've got in the pan.

have you never roasted cruciferous vegetables?

wow, what a faggot

im sure his trace saliva is more gross than chicken shit, piss, guts, and viscera

t. the guy feeding others his trace saliva

>No. I save that deliciousness all for myself.

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

>only the ones that matter guy from a country between china and russia.

did you mean mongoloid?

no, im not him you faggot. youre an absolute fucking bugman if you think some trace saliva particles that have been broken down and cooked multiple times is in anyway shape or form going to affect you more than the trace chicken shit, piss, guts, and visera in butchered chicken meat

No he meant Mongol you nigger

>bugman
What the fuck kind of stupid middle school insult is this

pic related is you faggot

He goes on in that same post to say that it would be alright to feed people his mouth bacteria if he boiled it all day.

How will I possibly recover? Honestly, wing joints should start saving all the bones off the guests' plates so they can boil them and serve the guests a soup the next day. No need to tell them either. After all, raw chicken contains bacteria-- what's a little more?

He's trying to peg me as a lefty/nu-male, which I am not.

So make a smaller batch?

You're a fartboy

You probably shouldn't give advice for things you haven't tried.

The cauliflower will burn before it ever approaches anything anyone would consider "crispy".

So are you saying that cauliflower simply cannot be crispy without being breaded or battered?

Name one vegetable that becomes crispy after being roasted in an oven. Something you know from experience, not just a guess.

You clearly just have a different definition of crispy. But since you're being disingenuous, I'll oblige you. Potatoes.

>potatoes

Fail.

Honestly you are either terrible at cooking or are being deliberately obtuse if you've never made/encountered crispy roast potatoes.

Maybe he just has a shitty oven. I can crisp just about anything in my GE Profile™ convection oven. Op, I'd suggest you roast, then pan fry, then toss with sauce, then finish in oven on a rack, under broiler. I've done this dish before for superb owl parties and it was a big hit.

Smash some Cheez-It crackers and use the powder.

Not any of the guys you're replying to, but the guy's advice is fine if he removes the bones first. They're usually not too hard to wiggle-pull out before eating if the wings are cooked enough.

Are we in fucking bizzaro world? Most vegetables get crispy and or crunchy when baked in the oven long enough. Making stock requires a boil and a simmer, both of which are enough to kill any bacteria. Has this retard never heard of making broth out of chicken carcasses? If raw chicken can become safe after the cooking process, no amount of spit would be left, only your idea of it. If you can't get past the idea of what you're eating I'm not sure how you can tolerate breathing air either, as it's full of bacteria and mold spores, dead skin cells, hair, microfibers, rubber from tires and so on. Go be autistic somewhere else.

Then why wouldn't a restaurant use what's left on the customer's plate to make stock? Because it's fucking vile, that's why. There's a difference between making something with your leftovers for yourself and SERVING SOMEBODY ELSE leftovers that have contacted your fucking mouth, dipshit. You and others ITT are only pretending to ignore this basic piece of common sense for the sake of argument.

And my guess is that you either don't tell people when you pull shady shit like this in your kitchen, or if you do, that you try to convince them "no no it's OK, eat my spit, I boiled it".

Yeesh, if you're such a paranoid germaphobe I really hope you don't eat out at restaurants.

I worked at a place that used unfinished bottles of wine off the table for cookie and used uneaten dinner rolls to make croutons.

Health departments have rules in place specifically to prevent practices like "boil bones that have been in people's mouths and make soup".

Thank fuck I'm not coming over to your house where you feed your guests spit. Are you by any chance the guy who posts pics on here with his cat on his kitchen counter too?

if you want to cut calories why are your frying things before you eat them?

>he thinks any place that handles food follows health department rules at any time that isn't a day they're being inspected
Oh, sweet summer child. I dare you to work in a restaurant or deli or butcher shop for a day. You'd be horrified at the things people do.

Real Answer: Corn Starch

I've worked in the industry for almost 10 years now and I'm still in my 20s. If I see people pulling bullshit, I call them out on it. And if I had the misfortune of encountering your hypothetical restaurant where you think it's OK to make soup from your guest's leftovers, I will report you to the health department immediately and shut your ass down.

No you haven't

Excellent LARP post, but food service jobs are notorious for people doing gross shit. Picking up food from the floor and using it, being too lazy to wash food prep surfaces in between uses, etc.

Yes I have.

And I call those degenerates out because they're going to make people sick. Or perhaps you think that the customers should stop being germaphobes?

I hate fagfucks like you who run to muh gubmint everytime someone looks crosseyed at you. If they boiled the bones, there's no possible harm other than to your warped sense of feefees being hurt.

>hurf durf how dare you report a sketchy-ass practice to the authorities

Even worse are people like you who have such a warped sense of economy that you would recycle and serve leftovers ***that have touched people's mouths*** and consider it a moral victory. "It's okay, I boiled it haha" no fuck you, you are disgusting.

I'd use instant mashed potato flakes.

I'm just saying if you're this bent out of shape about using leftover chicken bones for soup, an extremely common thing to do and isn't even gross since any mouth related germs are killed in the process, you shouldn't eat out ever or at other people's houses.

Nope

I'm baking them

That is not a common practice at restaurants because they'd get fucking shut down.

A common practice would be using the carcasses of *carved* chickens for stock-- you know, carcasses that haven't been gnawed on by human mouths.

What you're basically advocating is eating after somebody else, which is fucking disgusting unless you are very close with that person.

I'm done arguing with you faggots, I'll leave it to others who come into the thread to point out the simple fact that it's fucking gross and immoral to feed people food that has been in your mouth.

>le boogeyman saliva
I suggest you never kiss anyone

>I promise you that the majority of the population would prefer not to eat your spit

What kind of loser cooks for people he wouldn't kiss on the mouth?

That shouldn't be a worry

Didn't read your crypost btw

He's not serving it to people for money, chill out. I'm sure you're one of those people who would rather not eat if you found out the dishes were handwashed and not put through a dishwasher.

Tonight I'm gonna make brownies and lick the spoon and put it right back in the batter, just for you. I'll be sure to feed as many people as possible.

>germs
>not eating spit

It doesn’t count as roasting just because you used a microwave oven, dingus

Dude, hang on here and explain what's sketchy about boiling bones that have been slobbered on. Precisely what human transmitted disease will survive that?

not him but

there are multiple, and you may very well create another by inducting this into a process

>not addressing the human-values argument
i mean sure, if you aren't doing well at all I can see you desperate for money. I can also understand disgust at people not finishing food, but playing sophism by avoiding human qualities is playing yourself

Holy shit, are you on acid?

>from food you made

>I had sex with this chicken first but its okay I boiled it lol

>this cow used to be alive and stood around in it's own shit all day but it's ok we cut it up and cooked it lol
Enjoy your diseases, morons.

(OP)
>Real Answer: Corn Starch

Thank you. Fuck.
While you're at it OP cube up and bake some tofu also coated in corn starch and put the buffalo sauce on it too. Smart balance light margarine has a few less calories for your sauce.
Also idk if it would work the same because I've never used it but you could look into tapioca starch, might be fewer calories than corn starch.

so if the recipe says 1 cup of flour, i use 1 cup of corn starch?

I like eating ass before my wings so there is probably shit in there too

>Be me just now
>Reading this thread
>Start feeling a little nauseous
>"Uhh, maybe I should get some water"
>Drink a small glass of water
>Proceed to throw up

I don't even know why, all I've had this morning is matcha tea, but I ate some italian sausage that's been sitting in my fridge for a minute, but the use by date's a few days from now and I feel like I should've already gotten sick from it if it's bad. Certainly didn't taste bad, but hard to know with all those spices. I'll update if this continues.

To clarify, the sausage was with last nights dinner.

Wait, this isn't the trauma thread...

Loooolllll little puuussssyyyy

Nah I just toss it all in a big ass bowl and toss with cornstarch a table spoon at a time until it's coated.