The engineering meme

First year student here worried I fell for the engineering meme. I'm studying mechanical engineering and I enjoy it but find it really difficult. I'm in a fraternity and all my friends are pretty much comm majors and business majors. I just see them with endless free time always having fun. Is ticking it out and getting an ME degree worth it bros?

Attached: IMG_2352.png (691x653, 27K)

>Fraternity
get the fuck out of that shit what are you doing user?

It's fun though and mine has a pretty good network for jobs after graduation

Thought this was bait then I saw and now I know this is bait

This isnt bait. I'm not memeing at all I'm just legit questioning whether it's worth it.

If the Fraternity is making you question your degree (lmao engi) then its not the environment you should be in if you plan on academic achievement. If you don't care about math or science then stay in your fraternity, be a business major and take advantage of the "pretty good network" to get a wageslave job. If you care about math and science then leave the fraternity and focus on your studies, as the Fraternity is not the environment to do that in.
>I just see them with endless free time always having fun.
This is most likely bait and I feel like you're a maths major havin a laff, but if not I hope I made the roads you have in front of you crystal-clear

Whew lad. Engineering is not science and you're here on Veeky Forums so I recommend you go into science.

>First year student here I find it really difficult

most people on earth are too dumb to be engineers.

save yourself the money and heartache and go get a job at walmart

>paying for friends
lel. Also, I guarantee those “jobs” are the most basic shit since the barrier to entry is literally paying money. Think about it, you’re paying money for access to a job. Have fun working as a “field engineer” or some bullshit for comcast while in reality you’re setting up routers.

Man you guys really hate frats

>1st Year
>Difficult
You didn't fall for a meme you're just stupid. There's literally nothing challenging about first year.

It's not really paying for friends. There was one guy in our frat who paid all his money then got kicked out because he was a fucking boner with no social skills. You don't just automatically get friends because you pay money

I dont hate the idea of them I hate what they are. Im going to University to study, not to have fun. By surrounding myself with people of the opposite priority I am willfully putting myself in a harmful position in meeting my goals. If a Frat was a bunch of guys dedicated to their field and collaborating on projects and in love with learning then I would join one in an instant

Our house literally has a study room and pretty much only study with people in my frat people are constantly working together to do well in school

At least you chose a useful but difficult field instead of studying something both useless and difficult like Physics or Mathematics.

are you op?
if not then thats great, but OP clearly said that it made him feel bad seeing the people in his frat having endless free time and always having fun. Again if you're not OP and this is genuine then you have a good frat

I'm op, everyone in my frat does put in a lot of time to studying but most of them don't have to put in nearly as much time as me. It can just be frustrating seeing how much free time everyone else has. Checking Snapchat on a weekend when I've been studying for hours and all my friends are getting hammered and having a great time gets annoying

I fucking suck at linear algebra and my teacher is a middle eastern grad student. She barely speaks English.

Of course an engineering degree is worth it. If the fraternity is seriously making you question dropping it for business or comm then you should leave the Fraternity. It seems like this thread was an over-exaggeration in order to vent your frustrations, which is understandable. Clearly you are not very smart, but I think its possible you have what it takes to remain in the Frat and graduate with the mechE degree. This will take some insight, but if you think you are smart enough to remain in your major, and complete it from the Frat then do so. If you don't then leave the frat. If you are not smart enough and don't care then drop your major for a lesser one. Of course the engineering degree is worth it though.

Maybe OP is memeing but I have a doubt
How useless is physics if my final goal it's a master on nuclear engineering?
How big of a meme is Biotec(asking for a friend)

/thread

Well if you expect to be spoon fed everything by your teacher no surprise you're an engineer. Read the book and figure it out. Even with a good teacher you need to do this.

Yeah welcome to college. It's just the way it is most people are just fucking around. Surprise.

>a couple of years of having meaningless fun and landing a mediocre job through "network"
vs
>putting in a bit more effort than others for a couple years and landing a well paid job that lets you live comfortably and have fun
up to you

>do what op is doing right now in my 4th term in EE
>just got a 57 on my EM1 midterm
Fun is a meme, it's not worth it.

People who aren't engineers need to network to find jobs because they don't develop any skills

>being in a frat ever
>only getting gross sorority sluts

2 memes out of 5

>If a Frat was a bunch of guys dedicated to their field and collaborating on projects and in love with learning then I would join one in an instant
They have those, they're called professional frats. I'm pledging alpha chi sigma (chemistry) and most of the brothers at my chapter do research

Attached: Artwork_by_El_Lissitzky_1919.jpg (566x448, 41K)