Do you use the entire carcass of a chicken for bone broth (spine and all), or only select bones like wings and thigh?

Do you use the entire carcass of a chicken for bone broth (spine and all), or only select bones like wings and thigh?

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/story/difference-between-bone-broth-and-stock
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All of it.

>bone broth
what is this shit?

>bone broth

It's called "stock," you numale hipster and yes you use whatever animal parts you have around other than liver.

Different cook times change the content, thus the overall dish pleb.

That's like calling risotto and rice portage the same exact thing.

all of it. shit's gonna get run through a witches cap anyways so even the teeny tiny bits of bone will be strained out. so no reason not to use the whole thing

shut up u horrible faggot.

if you want a bone broth recipe, go find one on some dainty female's lifestyle blog. if you want a real bone broth recipe, look up an original korean recipe.

Or maybe just stay here and continue being cancer

Don't you have a ja/ck/ thread to post some old gifs in?

Shoo. Out.

You don't go out and buy ingredients for stock. The point is you take scraps and bones from your daily cooking and make stock with that. I go nuts reading 20 ingredient stock "recipes." Just keep your scraps in a bag in the freezer til you've got enough to fill your biggest pot 3/4 of the way up and then boil it. Bonus is your house smells great.

I usually smash with a meat clever while in a hand towel then roast the bones. If I'm making roughly a gallon of stock, I use 4 carcasses. No salt, no bouquet garni, just mirepoix. Need to leave it plain for more universal usability.

this
there's no need to shop for broth, just use your discards and strain when done

>making stock with old bones
Fucking disgusting. Do the people you cook for know they're eating spit?

>not carving the meat for your guests so you can keep the bones to use
dumbass

>bone broth faggotry

What's the difference between bone broth and stock, and why is the former faggotry?

That guy is just being a faggot.

Stock is flavored water.
Bone broth is enriched from the minerals inside the bones by simmering it for several hours until the bones are pliable.

there is no difference
calling stock "bone broth" is something faggots do because they think it makes them sound sophisticated
case in point

Can you use a Crock-Pot to make stock?

yes

>sophisticated

Nobody has ever thought this.
It's a different way to make stock.

See, this is why you nobody likes you, user, and why you're so miserable all the time.

wrong, retard

Even the chefs selling this stuff admit that calling stock "bone broth" is just marketing to gullible faggots that would be dumb enough to follow food trends like the paleo diet. Very much similar to stuff like rapeseed oil -> canola oil and Patagonian Toothfish -> Chilean Sea Bass

>After several internal debates, we decided to ask the de facto expert on the topic, Marco Canora, chef of Hearth and brodo in New York, to give us the rundown.
>"Bone broth is essentially stock," he admits. The confusion comes from the traditional definition for stock, which is more viscous due to the collagen that seeps out of joints and bones during long-term cooking, and broth, which is thinner and is made with more actual meat (versus meat-stripped bones used for stock). The confusion comes from the fact that the current trend uses the word "broth" even though bone broth is essentially stock. Explains Canora, "Three to five years ago, because of the wellness and paleo trends, stock started being called bone broth. It really short-circuited my brain."

bonappetit.com/story/difference-between-bone-broth-and-stock

pottery

>user explains the difference simply and clearly
>sophisticated
Americans

wow really short-circuits my brain

shut up wrong samefag

yes, but a pressure cooker is better, and they have elctric ones these days with all sorts of fancy settings

nobody said anything about buying specific shit

makes mustard gas
or possibly crystals

look up any recipe for stock and then kill yourself

I use what I've got. Usually thighs, sometimes whole carcasses.

I'm really not that worried about chicken-spine prions, especially after being submerged in simmering/low boiling liquid for hours.

... The broth vs. stock vs. bone broth thing...

the litmus test is gelatinization. A broth (even a bone broth, despite a gelatin content from the bones) should remain liquid when chilled - it is the base of a soup. A stock should gelatinize - it is the base of a sauce.

fucking stop

I'll stop when I'm satisfied you're sufficiently gelled.