Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Vote Thread: Numbaz is dead Edition

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Vote Thread: Numbaz is dead Edition

The theme for this month was MEXICAN INSPIRED
Since Numbaz seems to be dead, I'll just post the vote thread in his place

Dishes are judged on the following criteria, so keep that in mind when voting:

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

While you're voting, or not voting, why not suggest a theme for next month?
Then people can vote on that, or not.

>VOTE PLS
>TAKING OVER CAUSE NUMBAZ IS DEAD

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/29/5-arrested-in-alleged-south-africa-cannibalism-ring-after-man-walks-into-police-station-saying-hes-tired-of-eating-human-flesh/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Entry #1 by FattyPatti !!9Q/vwp02Pzq

>this is my version of a mexican INSPIRED pizza, I call it pizza de trompo

>I made everything but the cheese from scratch

>its a detroit style deep dish with mozz, al pastor (w/ muy authentico marinade recipe), grilled pineapple, sauteed red onion, a homemade roasted poblano/jalapeno/avocado ranch, topped with a bit of soap plant

>i expect a lot of hates on my meme pizza and for entering a pizza in general but it was delicious and one of my top 3 pizzas ive ever had

Entry #2 by Snowman !!DV2ZWqQD0GM (which is me, full disclosure)

>Time for my entry, tamale pie. It was a bitch to make, because Mexican ingredients aren't very common in Europe. Couldn't find lard so had to use butter. In the end, it turned out pretty good, could've used a thinner crust and more filling though, but it was nice with some salsa. It looks nice at least. Served with the greatest authentic Mexican beer (that was made in France).

Entry #3 by shake-kun !rPOfUXvxwo

>1) Red chilli.
>2) Chopped.
>3) Onion.
>4) Also chopped.
>5) Lime.
>6) Zested.
>7) Halved and juiced.
>8) Prawn. (not show: coriander leaves and prawn salt*)
>9) Flour, bicarb and salt mixed with coconut milk. (not shown: a dash of vinegar, to react with the bicarb for a bit of lift)
>10) Mixed.
>11) Divided.
>12) Rolled.
>13) "Baking."
>14) Other side.
>15) Cucumber, carrot and radish shreds.
>16) Prawn after marinating in the lime juice with the chilli, onion, coriander, prawn salt and zest.

>Prawn ceviche with coconut tortillas and mixed veg slaw.

>>*not sure the word in English; salted baby prawns that are dried out then ground into powder, used to enhance the flavour of seafood dishes

Entry #4 by Franz Liszt !!ixFboNvY7Y1

>Alright, after toying around a bit: lamb loin with mole & yucca salad.

>Lamb was seasoned with...
>>salt
>>marjoram
>>thyme
>>cumin
>>coriander
>Rubbed down and left to marinate overnight, brought to room temp & into the oven for roasting

>Mole contains...
>>guajillos
>>pasillos
>>chipotles
>>dried apricots
>>dried figs
>>raisin
>>toasted almonds
>>toasted pumpkin seeds
>>cinnamon
>>cloves
>>bay leaves
>>dash of marjoram
>>garlic
>>tomatillos
>>romas
>>shallots
oz chocolate
>>chicken broth

>The salad consists of...
>>yucca
>>cactus pear
serrano
bell pepper
>>cilantro
>>cucumber
>Dressed lightly with...
>>lime juice
>>cactus pear juice
>>salt
>>pepper
>>cumin

>And the cocktail--
>>mezcal
>>cactus pear juice
>>lime juice

>I had a lot of fun with this - was not looking forward to prepping the mole but the effort paid off. Would make again (although maybe not on a Monday....)

Entry #5 by s3krit

>Inspired by huaraches
>Tossed flank steak in a homemade hot sauce (loads of chillis and garlic, with a bit of >vinegar and homegrown tomatoes) supplemented by some tomato puree so the spiciness wasn't too strong and a bit more oregano.
>Crumbled feta on top with some little gem lettuce and diced tomatoes.

>The huarache part was cornmeal + few tablespoons of salt and oil, made into a 'dough' with water. Flipped 'em like pancakes in a wok. Masa harina is impossible to find here.

>Forgot to timestamp since I'm retarded and these things get cold so quickly.

That's all entries, not that many, but oh well. Go ahead and vote. I'd say voting lasts until the 5th, because the thread is up late. Also, I have no idea if Numbaz will be back for next month, so come up with some good ideas for next month's theme. If he's not back, I'll just make the thread in his place.

Already needing a bump, it sure is prime shitposting time

RIP numbaz, I'll always remember (her) hairy legs and feet.

Bump.
Also, homemade pasta/noodles for next month.

Rip Numbaz. I'll vote later, just adding a bump.

Bump

vote for the pizza, theme for next month is german

That's not how the voting works you retard. For every entry you score the 4 judging criteria with a scale from 0-5. You don't just pick one and say that's the one I like. You actually have to look a bit into the entry.

bump

Appreciated.

Cooking with alcohol. Or chilies.

P: 2
O: 3
A: 1
G: 2
That pizza looks like ass. Sorry, but somebody's got to say it.

P: 4
O: 4
A: 5
G: 5
More of a cornbread-with-filling than a pie. Still looks good.

P: 2
A: 4
Would eat. Could have used more work on presentation.

P: 3
A: 4

P: 3
O: 4
A: 3
G: 4
Feta? Mexican??

P: 5
O: 5
A: 5
Automatic 20/20 for Chicongo deep dish pizza.

Man, WTF, I'm the only voter so far? Sorry Numbaz, I hope you're ok.

Thanks for the votes

Bump

Bump

Voting for the pizza.

Next month is nigger food

See
on how to vote.

Are we talking southern American or Africa? I think Africa would have enough cultural differences to make for a lot of unique and accessible things for anyone wanting to participate, however it might not be enough of a unifying theme for the same reason.

I say African food for next month, BUT each contributor has to specify which nation or region they're emulating, and their adhesion to that will be judged just as adhesion to theme is judged as usual.

Rip in pieces Numbaz

if there is any hope of keeping this obviously failing challenge going, I suggest we pick a theme thats not obscure like fucking african mud pies. Literally mexican was too much for most people. The theme for the next one or so should be easy corny shit like frozen food or sandwiches, burgers, pasta etc, some shit to get some more people involved. If you pick someything like african food most people dont even have access to it and like myself, will simply not give a shit.

Bumping this thread.
Sorry for my absence, I was briefly locked away from the rest of the world.
Snowman, I fucking love you.

The dead have risen. Glad / hope you're okay

Good, then you can handle the theme for the next month and tallying up the votes and shit.

Don't act like its difficult. I ran the challenge for years without issue and you guys have managed to completely run it into the ground and we had prizes back then. Its not even fun anymore and participation keeps dropping despite the fact that this is the time of year when it should be picking up.

I'm probably going to start BIN/CK/O back up soon. I don't think we've had one since I ran the last one 2-3 years ago but it was always well received and had good participation rates from everyone because there was always a range so you were pretty much guaranteed to be able to complete one or two of them at the very least.

id give it a shot

id be interested in this challenge still if we give snowman a try at running it because sorry numbers but you dont have your shit together and its not worth the effort if you have to go to rehab every other week and dessert the thread, literally nobody cares enough to even vote so whats the point.

>waaaaaaaaaah i did it better
You weren't running one every month. Squee tried the same monthly thing a few years ago and gave up too.

And the board does seem to be changing. There used to be a lot more stuff about cooking. Now a third of the threads are just "for me it's the McChicken" and "hey let's shill for Monster Energy Drinks".

voting

Bin/ck/o was fun. Good to see you're still around.

Bout time you're back, you old sod. Stop getting arrested or kidnapped or wherever it is that you go.

Man. November first, voting is over, and I'm the only one who bothered. :-( Sigh. :-(

I'm doing South Africa. I will kill and eat one of my neighbors.

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/29/5-arrested-in-alleged-south-africa-cannibalism-ring-after-man-walks-into-police-station-saying-hes-tired-of-eating-human-flesh/

BTW, there've been other stories about this cannibalism thing there, with as many as 300 people in the village admitting having committed cannibalism. So yeah, it's traditional African cuisine.

Well, here's my ratings, I noted my rating scale down here just to make it easier for myself. Also my entry in FULL HD because it's so A E S T H E T I C.

Presentation
5 Blogpost worthy
4 Looks nice
3 Looks meh
2 Looks unappealing or bad
1 Looks like shit

Originality
5 Unique in the challenge, and in idea
4 Unique in the challenge or idea
3 Nothing special
2 Boring
1 Original in a bad way

Appeal
5 Delicious
4 Looks good
3 Nothing special
2 Barely edible
1 Disgusting

Challenge goals
5 Fits the challenge originally AND with almost everything self made
4 Fits the challenge originally OR with almost everything self made
3 Fits the challenge, nothing special
2 Fits the challenge somewhat
1 Doesn't even fit the challenge

P:4 Looks pretty nice, little bit messy
O:4 Didn't expect a Mexican pizza
A:4 It looks pretty tasty, good ingredients, except for the meme soap
C:3 Bit hard to see this being very Mexican, but it has some elements
15/20

DISCLAIMER: My entry
P:5 I am getting better at this blogposty style of pictures
O:3 Just an oversized tamale, ingredients weren't that special
A:3 It wasn't that great, too dense and thick crust, not enough filling, was pretty dry
C:4 Tamale's are pretty Mexican, and in pie shape is a nice twist
15/20

P:3 Not that good of a picture, food looks nice though
O:3 Shit on a tortilla was pretty expected, nice choice of ingredients
A:4 Not sure about raw pickled shrimp, but might be good
C:4 Seems pretty Mexican, coconut milk tortillas seems a bit weird
14/20

P:4 Looks nice, plating is a bit weird, dirty table
O:5 Unexpected recipe, nice variation and bonus points for the cocktail
A:4 Looks tasty, would like to try it
C:5 Very Mexican ingredients, for all 3 parts of the meal
18/20

P:3 Looks neat enough
O:3 More shit on a tortilla
A:4 Sounds pretty damn tasty
C:4 Not that Mexican except for the huarache, especially the feta
14/20

That should be it. Pretty close, no shit entries this month

Numbaz is a terrible host. Someone else definitely should take over.
The month thing is retarded anyways. It should be bi-weekly at most. One week of submissions. One week of voting.

Hey now, Numbaz has been doing his best. This isn't the greatest board for stuff like this anymore. Also, it got trolled hard when participation was increasing. But I agree things need to change in order to keep this challenge afloat. Week of entries and week of voting sounds good. Also winners need some kind of incentive.

No problemo, snowm8.

I'm not saying it's difficult, it's just effort and Numbaz has the experience, and probably already a ton of themes on the backlog. Although I would be glad to see more actual cooking related shit on this board like BIN/CK/O

Thanks for the votes the twos of (you)s.

I'm thinking of doing prizes next year, when I run the contest from January to December.
What would you and everyone else like to see as prizes?
I'm thinking gift cards and etc, to be used for culinary purposes...

Ten hours too late! It doesn't count!!!

A bump and a thump on the rump.

Thoughts on this month's theme? Also when will the new challenge be up? I'm going to actually participate this time I promise.

New challenge starts on the 6th, and I'm mulling over theme ideas.
Always taking suggestions folks
>hint hint

Anutha bumpa

Stop this shit please. No one cares, every dish looks awful. This shit is forced and not catching on. Please give up and go have your meme cooking competitions on Reddit where you all belong

C'mon man, I'm sure there's a McChicken thread that's more to your taste on the catalog.

Entertaining the troll votes and entries was a mistake. It gave them power and led to our downfall.

Good. Numbaz was a fucking faggot. I hope his death was exceptionally painful

For you

I vote the pizza

I've got some bad news for you...

I'm just a poor bump from a poor family SPARE ME THIS THREAD FROM THE TROLLSTROUSITY

This month's theme is dog recipes. Post your favorite grilled, stewed, broiled, or souped canine!

Easy come easy go.

Anudda Bumpah

The only good dog is a dog that's getting it's head stroked.

Please don't take that the wrong way.

Bumpity Bump

Ah ah ah ah
Staying alive

Shimmy-nimmi-nammi-ammi stayin alive, staying alive

A food your state/district/country is known for! If someone is uncomfortable with giving away where they are they could use a random state or country generator.

Or use a location generator if their state or whatever sucks (i.e. Utah, funeral potatoes or green jello salad shit)

Idk

Suggestions!

Avocado (inspired by the thread directly underneath as I was browsing). It'll be a love/hate relationship, so should generate interest on Veeky Forums.

Thanks for the suggestion m80!

I love avocados, but they're $2.50 for like 3 inch ones lately in the couple stores I usually frequent. Fuck that. I mean that's just me but shit.

Good idea though, if we can manage to piss Veeky Forums off we could maybe get a few more entries. I should have entered something last month I love Mexican..

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, that could be a nice theme. Doesn't have to be an entire meal, just focusing on a single part like stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc. would be cool.

P 1 cigarette = bad
O 2 you just replaced one bready thing for another
A 5
C 3 how do i know its homemade if you don't show me? just looking at it, it doesnt seem especially mexican-inspired but the ingredients sound right

P 5 well photographed and aranged
O 2 it's just stuffed polenta, not even a tamal
A 5
C 3 it's just stuffed polenta, not even a tamal but its documented what you did and the ingredients sound mexi

P 2
O 4 it's like asian inspired or something but still mexican looking
A 5
C 5 homemade tortilla and every little step documented and all mexi sounding stuff (except prawn salt wtf)

P 2 it's like the two components hate each othe
O 3
A 2 not really my thing
C 3 definitely sounds mexican inspired but doesnt really look it

P 4 well photographed
O 2 it's huaraches
A 4
C 4 it's unmistakeably mexi

good idea. either this TG inspired suggestion or 's homemade noodle suggestion. leaning towards noodle because not many people will know what TG foods are and it will alienate people as much as this mexican inspired one did

Thanks to all the voters so far, all three of you.
Thanks!
I will literally love you all long time.

I appreciate your vote I'm just too busy desu to make a info thing so thx

Everybody's just glad you decided to throw your name into the ring.
Thanks for the entry and tanks fer de bumpa.

*Is* there a wrong way to take that?

One more day!! Binging the og iron chef rn to keep my head up, gf and I just broke up mutually via text. Good times.

I'd rather not have people thinking that I'm talking about beating off a dog.
That's how, you devastatingly handsome cunt.
You're too good for her, you fantastic bastard you.

>how well it looks
>how unique it looks
>how appealing it looks to you
>how close it looks to the theme
What the fuck is the point of this if no one can eat the food

Lemme know how you did in your last irl contest.

>I'm talking about beating off a dog.
So was I. Nothing wrong with keeping my dog's balls empty. He doesn't go looking for other bitches, he's satisfied at home.

Still doesn't refute my point that a food contest just about how nice it looks is stupid.

Remeber user, the first time is the hardest, and you have already found someone once, you'll find someone again. You just have to find someone " better", otherwise you well set your self up for a lifetime of progressively worse choices in mates.

That's true. It isn't too much of a hassle to take a couple pics of food that I'd only have to steer slightly off what I'd usually make anyway to get shit on by strangers on an Italian viola luthier forum. The folks who do it have fun, the people who don't have no obligation. Personally I don't like roller coasters but I don't think roller coasters are stupid.

I'm thinking "side dish" for this month's challenge.
That'll give Thanksgiving anons a reason to enter with what they made for their friends/family, and everyone else can surely come up with a side dish.
That's what I'm leaning towards.

Thanks user, for some goddamn reason this is the 4th one, married the first one, divorced, and my dumb ass keeps choosing lower on the shelf each time. I own a small business, I'm handy, alright looking, not too much of a turbo-spaz, vegan and cook something unique every. fucking. day. I just keep getting with boring ass ladies. Going to focus on myself for a while then eventually when the opportunity arises I'll do the thing I keep saying I'll do and date a fellow vegan for once who isn't a piece of trash who actually has a hobby or two.

That's my novel and I'm sticking to it.

Pretty vague but open ended enough to jumpstart the challenge.

That's what I'm hoping for.
It's why I've rather gone off ingredient specific challenges, not everyone has access to some ingredients whether due to cost or location or some third reason I can't think of right now.

is this good?

New thread is up