Engineering

How smart do you have to be to graduate with an engineering degree and make $100k/yr?
Is it easier or more difficult among different branches such as electrical?

Attached: FC2B4A8B-AF57-4A9A-B29A-BAD82257DF79.jpg (2500x3603, 2.41M)

i mean if its software you just need to live in seattle/boston/sf and you can get 100k+ easily.

that's because the cost of living is so high there.

$100k is different in San Francisco vs Kishwaukee WI. You'll definitely have better luck in electrical or software, but yeah you'll need to be top of your class smart to land that right out of college at a major firm.
I have a buddy who did ChemE at Texas A&M and manages oil pumps for Citgo. Hes about 30 by now and with stocks he's already a millionaire. He was like a 3.8 gpa kind of guy cause he was lazy.

It's not about smart, it's about motivation and drive.

>live in Seattle
>have a 1 bedroom apartment in nice neighbourhood for $900
>groceries cost about the same as anywhere (if you don't drink soda)
>public transportation is pretty cheap compared to Midwestern shithole I left
>pay moderately high sales tax, but no state income tax
>paid much higher professional wages since literally monkey tier jobs earn $15/hour

Yeah, if you're trying to buy a house you are fucked, but Seattle is really fucking liveable.

Well let me ask you something. Do you like being treated like a human being and respected for the hard work it took to get your degree and to get licensed? Then work for a smaller company, don't go for huge companies that seem to attract engineers like flies to an electric lamp. If you go work for a company like boeing or google or lockeed martin you will be put into a team of engineers and assigned a project manager who will make your life a living hell and unless you are super submissive you will hate your life. There will be other teams of engineers working on the same task as you are and the first one completed will be chosen, and all your work will result to nothing. I have a mentor that is the chief engineer at a firm in the central valley that engineers tracker and mining cabins. Him and his team of 4 or 5 engineers are really pleasant people to be around and I go to the office often. I help chart down data for FEAs and with other processes that go on. Either way the income you make won't matter if you aren't good with money. You should start learning how to budget yourself and how to invest money.

>Seattle is really fucking liveable
>$900 for a 1 bedroom apartment
My 3 bed, 2 bath brick house in the midwest has a mortgage of $500/mo, and payscale tells me I'm worth $2k/yr less in Seattle than in my current town ($74,618 vs. $76,412), so I'll pass

>There will be other teams of engineers working on the same task as you are and the first one completed will be chosen
How the fuck is this real? This seems inefficient, and a waste of everyone's time.

-,,cool, in Indiana my parents mortgage is like 500/month for same size. But apartments still run like 700-800 for a one bedroom in a shit area. I did mention you are fucked if you want to buy a house here. But other than that it is liveable.

>Takahashi
Just look at her
Racemixing, not even once

what part of her do you not want to touch with your penis?

Dont bother, market is flooded.

This tbqh

Attached: perfrct english.png (1006x1400, 377K)

>tfw you're an English teacher and make more money than your engie friends.

Attached: 857.jpg (563x542, 32K)

He must be homeless

Close: data analyst.

I do engineering because I like it, not because of the wage.

that's not engineering

Wow user that's awesome! High five

Oh he knows.

>groceries cost about the same as anywhere (if you don't drink soda)
wat
soda is cheap as hell, and keeps you from being hungry

>and keeps you from being hungry
lol wat

so why did you call him an engineer, shitposter friend?

Took an IQ test and got 117, so I'm definitely above average but unsure if it's good or not. Thoughts?

Good enough

You have to be about as smart as me

IQ is not everything, don't listen to the brainlets on Veeky Forums that say it is, ability to actually do the fucking job is more important

Attached: 1487986421931.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

Go say that to a retarded nigger who lives off welfare and lacks the ability to abstractly self reflect.

>this lack of reading comprehension
perhaps I should say it to you

Attached: 1502164556177.png (242x285, 125K)

It is a good indicator of retardation though. Someone thinking it matters a positive indication.

Engineer here. It's always funny listening to the students on this board thinking their education will be the determining factor of their pay or job path. I don't know where a single one of my colleagues went to school unless it came up in a conversation like "I'm going skiing in Vail" "Oh I've been there a bunch, I went to school in Boulder." Grade point average? Employers will never even look at that, maybe for an internship with a thousand applicants. Your education will be irrelevant as soon as you land a job. A degree is not a ticket you trade in for x dollars, get that retarded idea out of your tiny brain.

I want her inside me

This is mostly true, but there are some entry level positions that explicitly look for higher GPAs (have seen 3.75 cutoff before), but basically any fucker with even one engineering job under their belt can take GPA off the resume because the employer won't care if you got a 2.0 or a 4.0

I am a 20 year old computer science student in second year, should I transfer over to engineering? I am interested in either electrical/computer or mechanical engineering. Is it worth the work and pay?

I don't blame Takahashi or whoever wants to race mix with her. She is fine.

Lol my IQ is pretty high after I watched some Jordan Peterson videos.

No stick to Computer Science.

Takahashi is the photographer you dumb mutt.

Grades get you opportunities such as grad-school paths or accelerated leadership programmes in big companies.

From those you get the chance to network for those 100k jobs where they pick the candidate before they even adverstise the post.

Of course you only have about a 20% chance to get them, and you'll have to have great grades, school name and/or publications. But it's only path to really high paying jobs before 40.

Right but this is what both of your missing.

Your first job determines your career path. If you don't get a job in a high paying field you're obviously not building up experience in it.

>have a 1 bedroom apartment in nice neighbourhood for $900

lmao define nice, even in the midwest 900$/month for a 1 bedroom is pushing it for "nice", if by nice you mean mediocre then sure.

If all you care about is money then why did you pick to study STEM in college?

You kind of made a stupid assume decision . You could have done a trade for way less stress and make way more money way sooner. Also you don't have to take your job home with you whereas jn b these "educated" jobs you often do.

STEM and college in general is for the passionate . It always has been and always will be.

There are many many many easier paths you could have taken if you just wanted cash

Attached: tumblr_mznyr6ZBL81s8qpeto5_1280.jpg (592x592, 98K)

Based smokey.