veekyforums.com/thread/9615042/literature/age.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

data mining thread

>age
>first name
>location
>last 4 digits of your mobile number
>current book you're reading and how you like it
>are you a fan of kellogs new cereal brand?

>25
>Brisbane
>Odd Thomas
It started off interesting, but I feel like the author goes off on too many tangents. Have to fill up those pages somehow.

they made that into a TV show. crazy hot chick in it.
also 29 gravitiesrainbow. Good

>16
> Newcastle, Australia
> It Can't Happen Here

letrump covfefe fascism in merica carrying a flag and a bible!

No but actually it's a pretty good book, a bit heavy-handed at times, but a good book

>16

This explains so much.

p.s. you've been memed comrade

>25
>United States
>Police Field Operations, 10th edition
I really enjoy it. It reminds me of why I got into law enforcement. Pic also related.

>Age
>Location
Kashmir
>Current book you're reading
Crime and punishment.

>31
>Germany
>"Perry Rodan Neo" (71) and "A song of ice and fire"

I love these threads, they always catch the underage b&

>25
>Brazil
> "If on a winter night a traveler" by Calvino, "Thirty Years War" by Veronica Wedgewood and rereading "History of Western Philosophy" by Russel because I got confused on some stuff about medieval philosophy.

> 12
> Ross Ice Station
> Hegel's Science of Logic

Pretty good.

>>age

>>location
Brazil

>>current book you're reading and how do you like it
Crime and Punishment. I'm six chapters in, started it yesterday. Liking it so far. Also slowly reading Dubliners when I'm not at home.

>18
>Sydney
>The Trial Of Socrates

Liking it so far, although I'm not very far in.

Springfield, IL
Lolita
The prose is outstanding, and I'm starting to sympathize with Humbert, which is strange to say the least.

Croatia
To the Lighthouse

Too girly for my taste. Hard to empathise.

>19
> USA
> Platos Republic, Zamyatin's "We"

hur dur fuck

>21
>Brazil
>The Eternal Husband

De qual estado são?

>20
>Brazil
>On Civil Disobedience and Naked Lunch

I'm

Paraíba.

Hey user, also from Paraíba.

I'm Sou do Rio Grande do Sul. Recentemente comecei a vir no Veeky Forums pra encontrar recomendações e discussão sobre lit/fil. Tenho uma grande dificuldade de encontrar pessoas com interesses onde eu vivo (mesmo eu não sendo um robô autista). Você cursa alguma faculdade ou já cursou? O que acha do atual panorama literário/filosófico brasileiro?

O mesmo para

Sou Paraná.

Não foi diretamente pra mim mas respondo: Cursei Letras, terminei no final do ano passado. Não tenho lido muitos autores brasileiros contemporâneos, na diria que está muito corroído devido à situação política caótica do país. Sinto como se qualquer pensamento que não se alinha com algum lado político é ignorado. E vocês, anões, o que acham?

Concordo com o anão. Estou no segundo ano da faculdade de direito aqui, e me atrai por filosofia no primeiro, cedo ainda. Discussões políticas em nosso cenário atual são impossíveis, ou você é um monstro conservador ou o grande perigo vermelho. A situação atual nas faculdades também não é de grande novidade... Ultimamente tenho me interessado por Lourenço Mutarelli. Às vezes forço ele aqui e no /co/, e gosto muito de seu estilo de escrita. Daniel Galera é outro interessante.

Curso filosofia aqui no RS. Não vejo a situação do pais como sendo propicia para novas produções importantes. Tanto por causa da crise política quanto a crise da educação. De qualquer forma, o brasileiro, por ter uma história um tanto quanto única e ser cheio de criatividade, tem bastante potencia para ter um panorama literário bastante inovador e interessante.

Wtf

João Pessoa?

Sim. Veeky Forums é pequeno demais e todos os autistas do nordeste estão aqui.

>24
>Sydney
>The Consolations of Philosophy
Very comfy, mostly read it on my train commutes

>23
>right outside Chicago
>Osman's Dream (very good general history that is extremely honest about the good and bad things the ottomans did), The 12 Caesars (ancient gossip biography outside of divus julius and divus augustus which seem more like well researched biography), and In the Hands of Providence (very easy to read book on Joshua Chamberlain that includes tons of helpful notes and exerpts of his own writing)

pretty happy rn but I want to finish up one of them quickly because I normally do 1 fiction + 2 vastly different historical books

Mas que loucura. Você é quem está no segundo ano de faculdade de direito?

Venho no Veeky Forums faz um bom tempo, desde 2012.

Sou o outro paraíba-fag. Sou formado em Direito, advogado, e cursando meu mestrado.

Meus contatos são bem reduzidos, em geral são apenas pessoas da Academia ou colegas do meio jurídico.

De todo modo, a meu ver, a situação do Brasil é promissora. Todo progresso passa por um estágio de crises e retrocessos. Em que pese o brasil esteja passando por um tormento político, não dá para ignorar o saudável processo de conscientização constitucional do brasileiro.

>18
>USA
>The Tin Drum
So far, so good.

>20
>Germany
>Tropic of Cancer
Really good

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104
Marcel Proust's "In Search of Lost Time," also known by See Kay Scott Moncrieff as "Remembrance of Things Past," Volume 3, "The Guermantes Way."

It's good

Germany
One Hundred Years of Solitude
It is cosy and enjoyable

Wow

>Croatia
Opinion checks out

>18
>Miami
>Molloy
It's pretty interesting tbqh. I didn't really understand the first paragraph of part 1, but the second paragraph makes for fairly easy reading.

>29
>New York
>Moby Dick

Started off great, is now utter shit. Ahab is less interesting, nobody cares about how your leg was made, nothing has happened for over 100 pages but 'oh, muh monomania,' and 'whale bones are big' and annoying biblical references.

Huge portions of that book do not need to exist.

Anyway, not done yet. 100 pages left. So far, 8/10 because prose is superb.

melquiades is my guy

Bom ver um pouco de otimismo; refrescante. Só vejo o pessoal querendo explodir tudo e/ou sair do país. Eu acredito que fazendo a minha parte como cidadão, evitando extremos, me esforçando no meu trabalho, assim faço minha parte pra concertar o país. E vocês?

>3
>Kyrgyzstan
>Harry Potter
is very nice

Shit I am of meaning to say 33

NH, USA
Technically reading The Art of the Deal. Honestly its pretty much what you expect for a Trump book he spends 80% of his time bragging about his first buildings/real estate peppered with common sense 'don't let them back out of a good deal, never be desperate even if you are' etc. etc.

ITT:

I'm 12 btw
So proud on my country man
top 100 lit bs

so far, so good haha

now give me your (You) and preferably some compliments

did I tell you how comfy I am """""reading""""" this book?

Pennsylvania, United States Of America
TRYING TO READ immanuel kants any future prolegamena to any metaphysics

>being this salty

Planet Zebulon
How to bone a dead princess

Nothing I don't already know

Hey im 18 and from Serbia. Im reading H.P. Lovecraft's "Horror in the museum" (v2)published by wordsworth. So far i fucking love the book. It has just the right amount of horror and mystery and with that sweet touch of the C'thulu mythos it all blends in to make a true masterpiece. I still have to read his "Haunter of the dark" and "Lurking fear". Anybody reading this man's work???

>Ross Ice Station
I'm calling bullshit

>25
>Savannah, GA
>Asimov's Foundation Trilogy and McPhee's Annals of the Former World

>age
>location
NJ
>current book
Brave New World
WHY INTERESTING, one of you guys recommended it to me and its a solid read
Only issue I have with it is that story that goes on in its setting. The author does an amazing job at setting up the time and way at which the world is a utopia in a sense while also setting it as an evil castes system set universe but way the characters are played out and how the story tries to pull a huge u turn makes it a little hard to read at some points. Hopefully it gets better by the end but I do like the premise a lot.

But a twelve year old reading Hegel's Science of Logic and posting here all seemed perfectly legit to you? Might need to go back to detective school there Sherlock.

Alabama
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
It's pretty inspiring. I'm liking it a lot more than I expected.

>22
>Tennessee, United States
>The Corrections
It's my first introduction to Franzen, and I know it's a Veeky Forums meme to hate on him, but I've enjoyed it so far. Not sure if I'll read anymore Franzen, since this is supposed to be his "best" work. I just don't quite see all the need for all the business talk and neuroscience research relating to Alfred's patent (at least in a manor which relates to the actual core narrative), but I'm making my way through it.

>Tfw you start reading about Chip and think it's just going to be an older angry Catcher In the Rye

It can really open your eyes

New York
The Recognitions
only about 50 pages in but loving it so far, you know it's a good sign when you hit your quota and want to keep going

>having a quota

Get off my board reeeee etc

>24
>canada
>just finished kitchen/moonlight shadow by banana yoshimoto. no perfect but it def gave me feels

>24
>Ibiza
>Memorias póstumas de Bras Cubas
Pretty humorous with some good bits of prosr here and there. My first forage into zuca Veeky Forums and I'm enjoying it so far

all i mean by quota is how many pages i have to read a day so i finish before i have to give it back to the library. for this it's 15 pages, which after hearing so much about it i thought could be a challenge but i've been devouring it

24 yo
Milano
Anna Karenina

>22
>Italy
>Liquid Life by Zygmunt Bauman
wtf i'm woke now

Oslo
Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction

Salinger's weakest book imo.

>19
>Texas
>"Why I Am Not a Christian" - Bertrand Russell

Fuck, how's life there, dude. Delhi here.

>18
>Ireland
>not reading any books

Texas
Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang
It's pretty boring desu. It's just a bunch of slow short stories that are fit for when you have nothing else to read at the dentist's office. Some of the ideas in some of the stories are pretty cool but on the whole not worth reading.

>22
>Italy
>Gravity's Rainbow
I'm enjoying it, especially for the way it's written, but sometimes it's really a fucking mess

>19
>Croatia
>"Faust" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
It's beautiful but boring.

>28
>US
>The Rules of Attraction
I'm not all that far into it but I think it's okay so far.

>17
>New York
>"And The Dead Shall Rise"
> Pretty damn good so far. I got it yesterday and have read up to the end of his Trial

God, I hate potato niggers

>18
>Revolutionary Russia: A History
>Ohio

ive been on this book for two weeks because of work how do i motivate myself/find time

Germany
Just finished on chesil beach by ian pretty interesting characters

>24
>Germoney
>Breakfast of Champions

samefag here, its kind of weird, but fun to read. There are some chapters where I ask myself why he even wrote it. But hey, it makes fun of our society in a unique way.

>18
>United States
>The Brothers Karamazov
Not far enough into it to say what I like about it. I did love crime and punishment. Which of his books should I read next?

Love that book. It's entertaining without lacking depth. Perfect.
I would recommend reading Slaughterhouse-five afterwards if you haven't already. It's a very different story and setting than Breakfast, but it has the same type of humor and an appearance of Kilgore Trout. Also, nice dubs.

Kentucky
The Book of the new sun
I don't know what's happening.

upstate NY

Lincoln by Gore Vidal

>idiots giving up their personal info
>Hiro let in google and the cia when he took over
>typing anything about you on an IP to be tracked

veekyforums.com/thread/9615042/literature/age.html

This.

>22
>California
>"A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" and "The Autobiography of Malcolm X"

I'm mostly focused on Joyce. I've enjoyed it so far but I'm not sure I really "get" why people idolize Joyce, I feel like it's a book I'll understand only after reading it twice. Don't get me wrong the prose is fantastic and it's "come alive" to me at certain points, mostly when he discusses/thinks about art, but the rest feels almost undiscovered to me if that makes sense.

>14
>Slovenia
>Lacan's seminars while translating some Derrida. Boy I hope this ideology thing won't provide futile in the future.

29/cleveland/just finished the tempest, will probably pick up Don Quixote again. Also reading the federalist papers

What is this

Israel
I and Thou by Martin Buber

Is great desu

>25
>southern Ontario
>Infinite Jest

i like it

At times reading Portrait I felt like I was watching a movie that consisted solely of beautiful, picturesque establishing shots. I was always waiting for it to settle in and get to the heart of the issue or the character but it rarely does that, it's just not that kind of novel.

>31
>UK
>just finished Men Without Women by Murakami.
Pretty decent collection, even though in Japan he is nothing.

1Q84 was a best seller in Japan
Anyway I'm also 31 and I'm reading War and Peace finally.

i'm in western ny, are you gay do you want to fuck

>Age

>Location
Wisconsin

>Book
St. Augustine's Confessions
Mere Christianity

Confessions is really good, like a perfect mix of an autobiographical story and neoplatonic philosophy. Mere Christianity is only okay so far, the arguments for the existence of God aren't very good but the explanation of Christian doctrine is great. Don't expect Lewis to make you a believer if you aren't one already.

>14
>Lithuania
>Erebo
Loving it

>20
>Austria
>Magic Mountain
Makes me feel intellectual

Columbia, SC
Empire Hardt & Negri
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Milan Kundera

In Empire it's so far be an interminable name dropping of Enlightement thinkers and how they evolved the liberal enterprise. Nothing so far that I find groundbreaking or salacious, but I'm only a little over 100 pages so we' will see.

TULOB narrative is populated by detestbale characters who really never do anything interesting.. Kundera's philosophical aside and vignettes are interesting and I appreciate his sentence and flow, but so far I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone here passionate about this book who can champion it a bit for me?

>19
>Finland
>Crime & Punishment

>18
>burger
>Brothers Karamazov