Your IQ

Do this.

Attached: Example-of-a-difficult-RPM-item.png (850x1058, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven's_Progressive_Matrices
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One thing I dislike about IQ problems, is when it gets difficult enough a person can find any number of patterns to generate the shapes

For instance, flip the shape upside down and move any horizontal bar to the opposite side. You'll get another one of those shapes. However because they come in pairs, it doesn't help with the missing shape. Therefore there must be some pattern between more than 2 shapes at once.

Here's another pattern: take the bottom one and overlap the one above it.
1) two lines overlap that are connected to the center
keep them
2) two lines overlap which are not connected to the center
Remove them
3) move the horizontal line to the opposite side

You literally cannot argue I'm wrong, because this generates the top shape from the bottom two shapes. Based on this reasoning the answer should be 2 and you cannot argue I'm wrong, even if I am wrong, because one pattern is as justified as the next.

Explain your reasoning nigger.

Work from top to bottom. The top two of a column yield the bottom.
Perform an AND on the central "spokes" and perform an XOR on the perimeter.
The answer is 2.

I just noticed that you can also work from left to right by performing an XOR on the spokes and an AND on the perimeter also giving 2.

me got by noticing that 2 incorporated all the elements of the corresponding row/collumn

Attached: hehe.png (190x266, 5K)

this

I don't know if this is logically valid, but if you combine the first shape in the first row with the second shape in the second row, and the second shape in the first row with the first shape in the second row, and of course the first shape in the third row with the second shape in the third row, you all get well fit together shapes like puzzle pieces. Do that with the last shapes in the first and second row and you'll either get 1 or 2 depending on the rules.

that's more or less how I thought of it but I was too much of a brainlet to see how the big shapes related to the smaller ones. Really the missing piece should have been the middle. Would have been the ultimate pleb filter. Its pretty easy and intuitive as is and IQ tests never ask you to state your reasoning.

where can I find a bunch of these? Like seriously, they don't just make books comprised of these? I want to know if I'm retarded or not.

Ravioli Ravioli, give me more Questiolis!

Attached: db4.jpg (495x362, 17K)

It's a simple overlap one. You do the inner lines horizontally and the outer lines vertically. So 2.

This. Pretty simple, just an add/cancel pattern.

Better explanation.
The pattern is left to right, the first two columns create the third column.
The spokes cancel when they overlap.
The rim cancel if they don't overlap.

2 is the only one I see a loose pattern in
The center lines alternate from top to bottom as you go left to right and then on the final panel of the row they are on both top and bottom
The right hand diagonal line (lines in the case of the final row if 2 is correct) is kept and everything else is taken away

Attached: smart chernobyl.jpg (978x978, 250K)

left to right: whatever black was in upper left in the first one, dissapears in the second and reappears flipped on the lower left, on 3 it dissapears. Note there is nothing black on the third row in that places so nothing changes. middle upper line is not on the first, but is on 2 and 3. Middle lower line is on 1 and 3 but is not on 2. lower right corner stays the same.
Therefore anwser 2.

This is a really nice variation on the classical XOR-puzzles. XOR for horizontal/vertical lines, AND for diagonal lines.

thick lines. If it's in both it gets carried over to last one. Thin lines, if it's in both it gets cancelled, if it's in only one of the two it gets carried over. 2

that's basically the inversion of the correct pattern, and it leads you to the correct result
if you want to adopt a strong position, find an equally plausible pattern that leads you to an incorrect answer

what is your definition of spokes and rims here?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven's_Progressive_Matrices

You're totally right.
Actually one should demand some reasoning from the test takers. Any reasonable solution should be right.
I once went through a sample IQ test for the job interview of a friend, and one problem was the continuation of
BCDFGHJKL***
We got to the solution "vowels left out" - which is a simple description - so MNP could be missing. But the actual solution was "leave out any fourth letter" - therefore MNO was "correct".
You'll be punished for thinking out of the box in such tests.

How does XOR work here? Look at piece 1,1 and piece 1,2. If you consider diagonal line = 1 and no diagonal line = 0 then look at the 1,1's upper left corner, that is a 1 since there is a diaginal there, now look at 1,2's upper left corner there is no diagonal there so that is a 0.

1 XOR 0 = 1. But in 1,3 there is no diagonal in the upper level corner. So your reasoning seem to fail here.

The "AND" means the logical AND operation.

I see it now

Didn't realize before that the formulation might be misleading.

It's okay.

I generalized the rules to:

diagonal + 0 = diagonal
diagonal + diagonal = diagonal

line+0=line
line+line=0

where addition is obviously commutative here.

Vertical & Horizontal lines cancel when overlap, added when otherwise,

The Diagonal lines remain when overlap, erased when otherwise.

The right answer isn't in there.

It's solved from left to right.

Where the diagonal lines out of the first two symbols overlap, the diagonal line is shown in the third symbol. And where the horizontal/ vertical lines overlap are left out of the third symbol.

So the answer should be pic related.

Attached: 1521874107921.png (850x1058, 122K)

Answer 2

It can be represented mathematically as

diagonals
1 * 0 = 0
0 * 1 = 0
0 * 0 = 0
1 * 1 = 1

horizontal and vertical lines
|1 - 0| = 1
|0 - 1| = 1
|0 - 0| = 0
|1 - 1| = 0

welp, yep its two. Not only did i fuck up by instantly assuming OP to be a faggot and taking out the correct answer, i also fucked up the drawing by forgetting the two diagonals.

That is a clean way to represent it.

Couldn't tell, but narrowed it down to 1/2. Diagonals persisting in rows.

on average, smarter people find the right answer
how isn't important

What do you think is the minimum IQ needed to answer this particular question? I’d say 110

Attached: 1521874115.png (850x1058, 175K)

shut up Bill Clinton

Attached: 1518076863142.jpg (493x345, 32K)

These 2 do not belong with the rest.

Attached: 1521874107921.png (850x1058, 141K)

wtf are you on about. It's 2

2 ez pz

good that you noticed your own mistake.
you have redeemed yourself

It works but its useless cause it's against the rules of the test.

2, bit of a brainlet to explain properly, but I'll try:

Going from top to bottom, you look at the first two images to decide what the third image looks like:

If the center sticks match they remain the same, if not you remove them, if the border sticks match you remove them and you place a stick where they don't match.

Why do people say online IQ tests are unreliable? How do I get tested? How hard is the question in the OP?

Attached: tumblr_inline_onv4t3ZpPd1up6mov_500.png (415x367, 142K)

border sticks: xor
center sticks: and
[math]
\begin{matrix}
\underline{a} & \underline{b} & \underline{a~~XOR~~b} & \underline{a~~AND~~b}\\
0 & 0 & 0 & 0 \\
0 & 1 & 1 & 0 \\
1 & 0 & 1 & 0 \\
1 & 1 & 0 & 1
\end{matrix}
[/math]

we covered this, no need for Latexfaggotry

fuck off back to

Easy, its number 2.
What is inside doesnt repeat to appear
What is outside must repeat to appear

why /pol/? What the hell does /pol/ have to do with this?

Attached: chloe.gif (292x323, 1.16M)

Every IQ test is unreliable in my opinion. You can't assign an exact number to someone's intelligence, the best they do is give a good approximation. OP's question is as easy as they get

[math]
\color{red}{\mathsf{\text{(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)}}}
[/math]

alright, enough of this child's play

Attached: test.png (475x402, 69K)

I'm going with 1.

explain your reasoning, homosexual

a line inside a circle cuts a circle into pieces so I'm going to assume two lines inside a circle also cuts it into pieces.

some fag just made this to troll people I bet

lmao rekt

>atomic shape, hour glass, square

Attached: IMG_1788.png (572x662, 122K)

Is this really what typical IQ test questions look like? I've been too scared to take one because I don't want to find out that I am retarded.

Attached: 1507977661821.png (408x450, 34K)

*I don't want to confirm

dafuq. this looks pretty hard

Attached: spurdo well fug.jpg (480x360, 10K)

It's kinda difficult explain, more of a feeling I get from looking at it.
Though, looking at just the third column, if you draw that line together so the crescents bisect where the line is going through them then you would have a -90 degree rotation of 1 and it could be contained within that square.
But that's not a very good explanation because it doesn't account for the other patterns.

count the contained spaces in each sequence
>4,2,1
>8,4,2
>3,2,? (coincidentally the index is also the answer to the series)
that's what I think

what is the significance of 1 contained space?

The significance doesn't matter to answer the question

then its not a very convincing answer

Attached: 1515625498184.png (578x566, 12K)

Interested in what you score on IQ tests looking for significance in test structures

Completing the patterns has led to good results for me

I really wish C3 didn't exist

If you combine section 1 with section 5, you end up with a criss-cross square. When you combine section 2 with section 4 you also end up with a criss-cross square. When you rotate and transform the rest of the sections. You will once again find a criss-cross square...
The answer is 6 the criss-cross square

Unfortunately. I do see a problem in my answer of 6.... The rotation and transforming I mentioned requires the overlapping of non bold lines.... I might be wrong.

Don't worry, getting it wrong the first time only results in a 10 point deduction in your IQ score.

I am going to go ahead and answer 2

>Every fourth letter is missing
>A, the first letter is missing
>First = fourth
Probably better not to work for those retards anyway.

What are the rules?

>you combine section 4 and section 2 you get a criss cross square

wut?

Attached: 1521950178331.png (568x548, 88K)

again this bullshit
no one cares
there are 1000 answers and none of them make sense
your IQ doesn't mean anything
grow up tard

Diagonal lines are boolean AND.
Horz and verts are boolean XOR.

Perform this operation on the first and second of each line to get the third.

There's one answer and it makes so much sense there are a shit ton of ways to get to it. You are just stupid

I took such a test recently, I just listed all the possible answers

nah, he's right. iq is proven bogus.

Attached: 1 hODnP80b2-iALG8y5wxufw.jpg (1406x1952, 283K)

Please bully

Attached: image-305.jpg (480x432, 28K)

prepare for brainlet
its 1
because 1st line is 2 nonfucked shapes in a row then a fucked one
2nd line is 2 fucked up shapes and then 1 normal one
last line is two normal shapes so it has to be a fucked up one- thus illuminating 2,3,4 and 5
plus it has semi circles which follows the rule from the 1st line where the circles make a fucked up circle
t. EE major

Attached: 1519161692680.png (211x239, 4K)

>adhominem
>doesn't provide evidence
who is the brainlet now ??

Who is to say what a "fucked up" shape is?

3 cant make sense because all the diagonal lines are present and that never happens before.

You take a good, hard look at those fucked up shapes and tell me there's a god.

Attached: 1521592604817.jpg (500x740, 270K)

I don't see a pattern, I think you are a troll cunt.

What did he post?

Took an online test and got 117, so am I smart enough to not be considered a brainlet?

some bullshit about how using the word "faggot" is insensitive I would guess.

>hat over hoodie

I love going out like that

Attached: mug.jpg (270x187, 8K)

answer is 2, outside elements don't matter and internal lines are xor'd horizontally