Are the consequences of climate change overexaggerated?

Are the consequences of climate change overexaggerated?

Attached: brainlet.png (207x243, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170330190304.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4036122/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The religion of climate change is such that they narrow their vision sufficiently to make it seem worse. The same thing happened with fears of mass starvations earlier in time.

The problem with climate change science is it refuses to look at a myriad of possibilities. Such as geo-engineering solutions, dimming effects, technological progress and things like sequestration, etc.

I think pollution is a serious problem as does any sane human, but the problem with climate change is that it is more hysteria than reality. With ever increasing movements to increase the hysteria rather than be sane on the subject.

Nope, nice polar vortex there.

No

Nope, positive feedback mechanisms which are right now slowly kicking in are what's gonna fuck us

No. The average temperature is now rising 16 quintillion degrees per second and polar bears will soon live on ice cubes thanks to drumpf.

Attached: average drumpfkin.jpg (828x1034, 139K)

/pol/lack here. Just for the record, I don't think the mainstream consensus exaggerates, since the consequences of global warming can be disastrous.

N.B. "overexaggerated" is redundant

Probably.

only if we do nothing, it's the equivalent of driving in a car at 100mph and screaming "AT THIS SPEED WE WILL CRASH AND DIE".

yeah i guess, or you could apply brakes.

the hysterical screaming is because they want funding for their research, the real solution is probably trivially simple, like planting more trees, eg 10 trees per person per year.

I want my research to be wrong.

The solution is stopping to pump tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.

That is not a viable solution

Nobody knows for certain, because we don't know how big the climate change will be and neither how much co2 are we going to push into the atmosphere.

It is, it's just an uncomfortable one.

No, it's probably worse to be honest.

60% of the great barrier reef got bleached a few years ago. CO2 acidifies the ocean. It's like $150-300 billion/year in GDP from the ocean. Reefs also absorb force from ocean currents.

Oceans are rising a millimeter a year from melting glaciers and water expansion from heat. That'll displace a lot of coastal niggers.

Dipshit

It looks like we even underestimated it

Millions of species will go extinct. That aint no exaggeration

>Are the consequences of climate change overexaggerated?
By who?
Things like the IPPC reports definitely aren't an exaggeration.

Dumbass.

Also an fyi.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170330190304.htm

Attached: global_warming.png (640x358, 49K)

yes

BLEACHED

This is praxis

Understated if anything.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4036122/
>Although the exact mechanism remains unclear, the evidence suggests that an increase in CO2 levels is likely to be detrimental for human nutrition. Beyond food crops, these findings could also have implications for the quality of animal feed and for the overall element content of natural environments. Finally, there is a clear need for further research (Figure 1) that is specifically targeted to address the impact of climate change on the quality of food crops grown around the world.