Anyone have tips for some good scrambled eggs?

Anyone have tips for some good scrambled eggs?

low heat and constant mixing in pan

Try scrambling in a small saucepan. Alternate on and off the heat. Stir constantly. Add a little butter and cream to taste. Wait until the very end to add the salt and pepper.

Take the eggs off direct heat RIGHT when they still look a little wet, stir and they'll get a perfect moist, fluffy consistency without being runny.

Take it off the heat, and then back on, then off again

Gordon Ramsey memer

>oil
>set to high heat
>Crack eggs
>Instantly solidifes when it hits the pan
>Scramble for 30 seconds and throw in salt

Cook in salted butter, stir gently over medium heat. For extra creamy, go a little bit lower and cook a little bit longer.

>Take the eggs off direct heat RIGHT when they still look a little wet,

It took me 15 years to learn this stupidly obvious technique. I was kicking myself for not noticing earlier that you are not supposed to cook them until they're done. They finish thickening up once they come off the heat, without drying out. If you fry them until there is no liquid left, they dry out.

Beat two eggs in a cup or small bowl, add a splash of whole milk, little salt, little pepper, lot of parsley. Grease a pan heated to medium high with butter, pour eggs in. Stir constantly until it all solidifies but is still just slightly wet, serve immediately.

>If you fry them until there is no liquid left, they dry out.

put feta in them

How do you make eggs turn out like that? An egg beater? milk? I don't even like them that way, just curious.

>The snozzberries taste like snozzberries

>Try scrambling in a small saucepan.
AKA try scrubbing a fucking pot for 45 minutes because some dumb whore saw Ramsay cook eggs that way

I add milk and salt+pepper while scrambling

Its already been said but only a few seem to understand....

Medium or low heat is up to you...depends on what youre comfortable with. Whats important is removing the eggs from the heat before they are finished because the heat will carry over significantly. They should be quite wet when removed from the heat.

The eggs in OPs pic are amost overcooked. Scrambled eggs should be smooth and silky with long ribbons not chunks.

My scrambled eggs would get me fired from a busy restaurant because they take too long but my approach is like that of custard or hollandaise...slow low heat frequent stirring with a rubber spatula. The eggs cook without really loosing their viscous quality ans are finished only when they just barely begin to set.

>undercooked scrambled eggs are perfect
Mate, your technique sucks. No one wants watery eggs.

Use a nonstick pan.

>long ribbons
You aren't going to get that with your method, you're going to get slop. The best way to get long silky curds is to cook on a higher heat for less time.

They arent undercooked or watery. You just have the pallate of a goat and like your food overcooked.

Um... no. My eggs come out moist amazing and with long ribbons or maybe you could call them folds. But either way its low and slow. Maybe you have never made custard?

>curds

exactly what you DONT want in good scrambled eggs

>pallate

No. That is a pallet.

I simply misspelled palate.

>palate

>beat the eggs with a splash of whole milk before starting
>very well buttered pan, medium low heat (my burner runs hot so maybe medium for you)
>pour in eggs
>before starting to stir, add another 1/2tbsp chunk of butter
>constant stirring of the eggs while the butter melts into them
>remove heat just before the eggs are totally finished.

You are retarded.
That is a palette.

>pellet

Milk doesnt belong in scrambled eggs.

You don't belong on this board, pleb

>i put milk in my scrambled eggs
>i am not a pleb

Choose one.

Add equal amounts of butter, creme fraiche and egg. Low heat and mix it up, dont overcook it, eat it runny.

When you whisk them in your deep plate or whatever, leave some raw egg in there. Then when you're done cooking, coat the scrambled eggs in your remaining raw egg.

Butter + a blender got me this. It tasted kind of close to cafeteria eggs.

>palatte
Retard.

>in your deep plate or whatever
bowl?

No one typed that other than you.
Do try and keep up...retard.

the secret ingredient is love

What if I take hardboiled eggs, chop them up, add raw egg, and scramble that up?

This is what I do, but I don't wait to add it after, because it creates too much liquid. I add the remaining raw egg about 30 secs or so before plating while it still on low heat, and fold to coat, so the raw egg prevents the rest from overlooking, and the eggs come out creamy and delicious.

and then top with an egg sauce.

That would be called hollandaise you illiterate fuckwit.

instead of using milk use semen

thought I was the only one that did this
neat
sometimes splash milk or shredded cheese on top, never both tho
cracked pepper also trader joe's onion salt.

Man I need to save this because I have to educate you niggas in these threads every other day.
This is for velvety American diner style eggs. Pic is blurry because I was drunk. But you know what I'm talking about.

First of all, the eggs, like any protein, must be brought to room temperature if they aren't already.
Crack them into a bowl. You do not need to whisk them in the bowl.
Pan, nice and medium-low. The best way to make sure it's the right temperature is to get your hands wet and flick a few droplets of water into the pan. You want them to dance around the pan and sizzle, but not evaporate instantly. If they don't sizzle at all, up the heat. If they evaporate in less than a second, lower it.
Now onto the controversy. Do I need to add milk? Do I need to add water? What do I DO? No, you don't need to add anything to the eggs. Just melt a fat hunk of butter into the pan. I don't use a hard and fast measurement, I just hold the stick to the pan and melt more than I think I need. This is the key to rich, diner-style eggs. They will not be good if you skimp on the butter.
Now, eggs, into the pan. Immediately break the yolks and stir them around. Then let them sit and cook for maybe 10 seconds, however long it takes for you to see them start to go cooked on the bottom. Then drag your spatula through the eggs, and tilt the pan, allowing the still-liquid eggs to fill the empty space in the pan, similar to making an omelet.
Repeat until you have nice, velvety eggs. As they get closer to being done, you may notice that the tops are still liquid while the bottoms are getting cooked. In that case, just flip the whole mass with your spatula.
Another important thing to remember with eggs: if they're done in the pan, they will be overdone on your plate.
Take them out while they're still somewhat runny. This takes some practice to time perfectly.

Nonstick saucepans are cheap.

post it... you know what

thank God you mentioned it was from Trader Joe's
There's no way else I could've gotten onion powder or salt of en equal caliber from anywhere else
Thank you based user.
Thank you for allowing me to make eggs the right way

Good stuff

As a trader joes employee, your devotion is misguided.

What kind of retard takes 45 min to scrub a pan