Is Buzzati's novel an example of anti-fragile literature? Is The Tartar Steppe the Taleb of novels?

Is Buzzati's novel an example of anti-fragile literature? Is The Tartar Steppe the Taleb of novels?

no. Gracq's is.

I'm not sure what you meant by this, but I read the Tartar Step and it was pretty lame. Is the general consensus that it is good?

pic related/

English trans = the Opposing Shore

Read it again, pleb.

>Is the general consensus that it is good?

Nassim loves the shit out of it and is puzzled as to why it's not more popular among Anglos.

Yeah, Rivage is 10/10.

look at me in my castle, wasting my life waiting for war wee

speaking of castles, Gracq's Castle of Argol (or whatever it is in English) is a bloody fine novel, user.

I may check it out per your recommendation, user. Is it weird that I'm somewhat turned off by castles and other Gothic themes? I have no idea why

then you very well actually like Gracq's first novel: in the preamble, he confesses to not being bothered with plot, setting, or character, merely nabbing from Walpole, Otranto and so on, as the vehicle for his gorgeous prose.

[later, Klossowski did the same for the Baphomet, borrowing characters and setting wholesale from Ivanhoe.]

>he confesses to not being bothered with plot, setting, or character, merely nabbing from Walpole, Otranto and so on, as the vehicle for his gorgeous prose.
now that's patrician

Ok break it down for me.

I read Antifragile and the Buzzati one. I don't see anything similar between the two. Someone care to explain how people can think like that?

the anti-fragile meme trilogy

apply yourselves

Have you read Un balcon en foret? Is it any good?

>tfw already read two of those

didnt even know this antifragile stuff was even a thing, sounds interesting

I enjoyed it. but not as much as the other 2 (in my recollections at least).

I do like his essays and articles.

Alright. Rivage really is a perfect book imo and one of my most favorites of all. His war diaries seem pretty interesting.

I'm trying to get everything I can by Junger (whom Gracq admired), his diaries especially, but they are fucking expensive.

there's a bunch on Libgen. plus some other bits and pieces floating around online.

Veeky Forums made it a thing

nice i like it

I thought the book was stupid.

The protagonist could have left the fortress whenever.

He was just stupid. He could have left. He was stupid.

bls eggsplain anti fragile to an iq89 tier retard

how is this anti-fragile? I know it's taleb's favorite book and I love it for my own reasons, but it doesn't seem anti-fragile to me either as a work of art or within the story any character or thing being anti-fragile. the fort seems like a very fragile thing that sort of exists as a mistake.

I think taleb probably likes it because he relates to the character as taleb sees himself as being freed from that kind of thing (namely academia).

it is interesting, though, to consider what an anti-fragile work of art is. does he mention it in the book? I don't remember

Fuck yes. Auf den Marmorklippen is in my opinion Jünger's best work. Leagues ahead of Storm of Steel.

Jünger is very hard to find. Many of his works are untranslated and even when it is it's out of print.

I really want to read his diaries. Any suggestions for good volumes/years? The WWII era seems pretty good but I've also heard his 60s/70s/90s era is great as well.