Cardinal Sarah

Anyone read the new book by the based Cardinal, The Power of Silence?
God or Nothing was excellent, this one seems even better.

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/news/334590-pope-francis-arab-invasion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Orthodoxy is the real Veeky Forums religion, Catholicism has gone progressive.

Religion is not fashion. You don't pick one to adorn your existing one-man-cult-of-self.

Talking about it like this is embarrassing, especially for you.

He's right though. As much as I respect Catholics, they're really the ones adorning their cult of self with the idea that Peter somehow gives them the monopoly and no matter how much evolution the shove down people's throats it's still all approved by Peter and therefore Jesus.

>Religion is not fashion.
tell that to your lefty pope.

Where on earth did you get that idea about Catholicism? It's as far removed from the truth as anything I've ever heard from reddit crowd.

thanks for info, will (probably) check out

what are you talking about? even orthodox churches accept papal primacy, they just reject temporal authority. the patriarch of constantinople deserved to bitch slapped anyways because he kept trying to one up the bishop of rome for centuries with no real foundation besides being the imperial church

>le lefty pope meme

rt.com/news/334590-pope-francis-arab-invasion/

I got from your replies. Catholics can't humble themselves.

> How many invasions has Europe experienced in the course of its history! But it’s always been able to overcome them and move forward, finding itself complimented and improved by the cultural exchange they brought about.”The Pope also declared that Europe is “the only continent that can bring some unity to the world”.

Amazing. He's literally a liberal through and through. The exact liberal logic of "Bad things aren't really real and anyway they can't happen to me, nothing will change me and oh yeah did I mention how awesome we are for taking in all these inferiors?"

It's the simulataneous superiority complex and sheer ignorance of reality which is incredibly liberal.

He's essentially the grand inquisitor at this point.

lol the dude tacitly endorses the economic destruction of european peoples

>Catholicism has gone progressive

Pope Francis hasn't changed a single point of doctrine . The only thing that has changed is style and PR.

I mean if you take a macro historical perspective he's correct. Moors some made great contributions to Spanish culture in terms of architecture, music, food art etc.

"The wonderful culture of the Moors in Spain...the rare and refined luxuriousness of Moorish life!"

>any Catholic thread ever
>a wild larping Orthodox appears to derail the thread

I sort of disagree. They left gorgeous buildings but their lasting influence on Spanish culture (living culture) proper seems surprisingly limited.

Most of the Christian Spain that survived the occupation without being forced to convert lived in rural areas secluded from the government. The cities were largely Muslim because there they could enforce the insane tax rate on the Christians so when Muslims were finally expelled and their religion banned, they couldn't leave much cultural influence because the people they influenced were gone.

have you read major catholic political works like the "city of god"? the rejection of the primacy of earthly polity is normal in the history of catholic political thought. they have no business in the saving of souls

I am . I'm not catholic. I dont believe in infallibility ex cathedra
He is right for the most part though
but I thought the pope was the all-powerful servant of marduk
that is mostly because what they did contribute outside of language and architecture was destroyed with a bit of

Not to exaggerate their importance but I'd say it extends beyond the buildings they left -- you can see their influence in Gaudi's architecture, as well as in modern Flemenco music.

Mingus' Black Saint and the Sinner Lady owes a lot to Andalusian Moorish music (pic related).

"Moorish" architecture is literally just Visigothic architecture that existed before the invasions.

Moorish influence has been overstated by liberal revisionist historians.