Well lads, here it is. A true blue first edition. Happy (almost) birthday to me

Well lads, here it is. A true blue first edition. Happy (almost) birthday to me...

Unimpressed. Sell it and get a first edition Infinite Jest if you want to brag on this board.

such a shit book. you got meme'd.

b-but infinite jest is comparatively trash senpai

Well cucked, memeboi!

The frank miller cover is way better.

happy birthday user

None can compete with the Italian one though

That's the other one I have. It is a great cover. Doesn't catch the psychedelic feel of the book like this cover does, though, with its acidic blue and orange.

Thank you user

That book won him an award, so yeah.

I agree. Someone posted a Japanese or Chinese or some eastern language cover recently that had what basically looked like an empty nukacola bottle in ruins. Thought that one was nice honestly. But the cover op has is great too.

Jap one and the pin up one are better you pleb

post em

I'm and this was the edition I was talking about

Also that other user, but I believe this is the pinup edition he was talking about

6.5/10

shit/10

For some reason, i love the vintage.

it's not the

Nice, man! I'm happy for you.

No, it's shit and Miller is a hack. The original cover is more fitting with regards to the books themes about light/white, rockets. The Miller cover is just DUDE POLLOCK LMAO THAT WORKS BECAUSE LIKE PYNCHON IS WEIRD N SHIET LOL CHAOS

I'm and this is also my favorite cover.

Thank you user. I agree that Miller's is less fitting, but I do think it looks good regardless. But I prefer my first edition!

this is the best one

lol why are they so ugly? I bought mine at the Barnes n Noble and it's sooo cool. I dont think I'll read it though, the author uses really nerdy language (and I think he's white lol ew ew)

Behold the german version!

Love this one too.

My 1st/1st is currently in transit. I'm excited. The price has been steadily increasing so it's good to get them now before they're entirely out of reach.

Exciting feeling. How much you get yours for?

The End of the Parabola? Interesting

orange and blue covers are the only good ones

frank miller's edition is still censored

Its a gift from an out of state friend who collects books and is ridiculously generous. I got Women and Men as a gift as well, so I feel pretty lucky. Once I start making more money I'd like to do the same thing for others.

I have a first edition Mason & Dixon.

Any trust fund biddies wanna date?

Those are like 12 dollars.

that price can only go up though...

True, which is why I have one. Also Against the Day.

Patently false.

Who is Enden and why does Pynhon want hime to die?

t. wants to buy up all the first edition mason & dixons

>Un screamo mia pasta ravioli vola el cielo pizzeria

Wow what a hack

>no price on the cover
nope, its a bookclub edition

*Blocks your path*

No it's not
Boohoo people don't like your shitty kaleidoscope

It's this one

And Bob Dylan won the Nobel in literature, so...

You're wrong. The first edition has a price on the inner front flap of the dustcover, as well as a four-digit serial number. My copy has both of these.

(I'm OP)

im just yanking your chain

gotcha

I really like the spanish one.

bitch please

this is so goddamn lazy, i'm amazed it got past brainstorming stage

did this edition ever come out? it was listed on some websites a few years back iirc

Seriously. It looks pretty nice I guess but it's so bland as a cover.

That's a mess senpai.

Best cover ITT

How much was it?

About £550, I think. I usually see them go for around £1000 son I'm pretty chuffed.

Post more pics, some without DJ pls

I may or may not have sneakily lifted this out of the giftbag, to admire it, before I was supposed to. Person who gifted it to me won't be present when I officially open it tomorrow morning, but I still felt guilty and returned it to its proper place. I'll be able to post more pics tomorrow.

can you explain it?

Have you read the novel? He references this picture in the text more than once (I believe).

Yeah, I finished it back in December. I honestly don't remember this particular reference, though.

So is the book.
You twat

>£550

first edition fetishisation is a tricky game, user. Hope your investment keeps value.

kirgiz light??

>Jūryoku no Niji

Sounds better than in Spanish. El arcoiris de gravedad my ass.

winner

Not my cash, user - and it often goes for twice that. In worse condition, too.

>paying hundreds over the price of any other edition

I'll never understand this. Enjoying my $0 kindle copy here.

This. Though I'd unironically buy that one faux wordsworth classics edition someone posted once with a guy in a pig suit in front of a photo of a V-2 launch.

I'm glad you're happy :)

Non l'avevo neanche considerata perché l'estetica delle nostre pubblicazioni è talmente al di sopra della merda grafica che fanno per i libri inglesi che non ne valeva la pena.
Le copertine inglesi sembrano tutte fatte per libri di Tom Clancy.
Noi che siamo cresciuti a pane e Adelphi gli caghiamo in testa.

I didn't even know there was a Dutch translation. The cover is shit, though.

Calmati.

Sono d'accordo con te, però ora prova a difendere questa