She's here to stay, boys. No matter how much you cry about your shitty old books...

She's here to stay, boys. No matter how much you cry about your shitty old books, Rowling has changed literature forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_Piano_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am actually happy for her, she makes it easier to spot plebeians

She already came and went, she's not "here to stay"
All she writes now are obnoxious tweets

>She already came and went
And yet her cultural impact still has a hufe influence on the world. Ask any person on the street about who Harry Potter is. Then ask them about DFW or Pynchon or whatever new age faggot you guys worship at the moment. Face it, a woman has BTFO'd this male dominated culture.

She needs to stop talking about politics.
I'm a big fan of the series though, to be honest. I read way too much HP fanfiction.

A lot of now-forgotten popular writers could have said the same in their day, except for the "changed literature forever" part, which is ridiculous.

How many fanfics does Harry Potter have? Compare it to the amount of fanfics of your favorite book and you'll know I'm right. People nowadays don't care about literature that doesn't speak to them, and rightfully so.

>[Political thing] is like Harry fighting Voldemort!
That's about three quarters of her tweets for the last two years

>her cultural impact still has a hufe influence on the world
That I can tell. Hufe indeed.

Is enjoying Harry Potter the literary equivalent of having a tattoo?

>When you don't have any argument whatsoever so you have to point out typos
Sad.

That's not literature.

What has Rowling changed, precisely?
Harry Potter is very well build, but in what way is that (or anything else she wrote) innovative?

She's the new Dickens. In 150 years the lit of 2167, the new pseuds,will claim that she's an incredible writer.

yes

Its a fucking kids book, it doesn't have to be innovative to be good. Its a good, poetic story and brings a lot of ancient concepts into a more modern setting. Its not that well written but as I say its a fucking kids book we don't exactly want intricate, complex prose.

>mfw someone quotes an anecdote out of Harry Potter like some Greek faggot in 400 BC referencing Homer
Harry Potter will build the foundation for the next generation of Western intellectualism.

I'd say they're more like having gauges

God, sometimes the answer on this board reach a level of retardation worthy of inbred rednecks...
I asked OP why she's innovative because he said Rowling changed the world of literature.
I agree with you that it's a kid book, and that it's not complex nor supposed to be to be deemed good. OP is the one saying that she changed the world of literature, I just asked why he thinks that.

>Harry Potter
>Reads fan fiction
Get out, please

You are no less retarded for thinking that OP's somehow serious

>people who read, hate trump.
Wow what a find.

The internet is relatively new

Good prose doesn't have to be complex.

That doesn't mean you should write your books so badly, kids are not stupid, but you are making them more so. That's why all th HP fans are retarded

Meh, let the plebs have her. I don't understand them, they don't understand me, no harm no foul as long as they don't bother me.

I agree. I love her Harry Potter books. It is the ultimate kids' story. Magic, fun, good vs evil, romance, friendship, adventure, comfy settings, camaraderie. I still support Hitler and I don't want non-whites plaguing Western nations, but Harry Potter benefited me immensely.

kek

Fucking kek

>she already came and went, she's not "here to stay"

As someone who likes Harry Potter, this is pretty much true. Rowling tried to branch out into other genres than YA fantasy, and nobody really cares about those books. The only "notable" things she's done since Deathly Hallows are approving someone else to write an awful fan-fiction tier play and writing the screenplay for Fantastic Beasts.

>Then ask them about DFW or Pynchon or whatever new age faggot you guys worship at the moment
>a woman has BTFO'd this male dominated culture

Ask a person on the street who Toni Morrison, Zadie Smith, or Joyce Carol Oates are. Face it, Stephen King has BTFO'd women writers of literary fiction.

What is actually bad about the writing anyway?

I dunno, I never actually read them. Actually i bet 95% of people in this thread never actually read the books either.

But she's seems a ridiculous person, so I'll continue bashing her and her writing.

Well, I'm sorry. I just assumed there was an accusation involved because I'm on this shithole. I will admit I get a little touchy about Harry Potter, I was absolutely enchanted by those books as a child.

>as a child
yeah

What's that even supposed to mean? Are you mocking a child's temperament? Because I don't know about your childhood but mine was one of the most magical periods of my life, so I will always respect that. My early childhood was at least; it all went down hill the more I came to understand what kind of world we live in. So let me have my hidden bliss because I fucking need it sometimes.

JK Rowling has really annoyed me with her tweets and stuff, but I can never give her too much crap because her book series got me into reading

im tempted to screencap this and send to her, feels lika good bait

>What's that even supposed to mean?
I think he was implying that you are still 'enchanted' with the books as an adult.

Top jej exact same feelings here.

Gotta love post-modernism

all the never-been-kissed (or published) pseuds gagging to stick their willies in that hot rich milf.

>kek

She wrote a decent book series for children and teenagers which got turned into a decent movie series. Stop sucking her (feminine) dick. It's time to grow up and move on from low-brow pop culture to high-brow high culture.

And no. Trump is not like Lord Voldemort and the Republicans are not death eaters.

the fact that you haven't been answered tells a lot. Veeky Forums is full of arrogant snobs who like to bandwagon and shit on things they've never even read.

Is she, dare I say it, /their girl/?

jk rowling is a neoliberal Zionist cunt who needs to get deep dicked by a proper man and not some beta liberal, bet she loves s&m

She reminds me of a character from kurt vonnegut's player piano

>"Of all the people on the north side of the river, Anita was the only one whose contempt for those in Homestead was laced with active hatred... If Paul were ever moved to be extremely cruel to her, the cruelest thing he could do... would be to point out to her why she hated [Homesteaders] as she did: if he hadn't married her, this was where she'd be, what she'd be."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_Piano_(novel)

Shes a talented pulp writer sure but I've lost all respect for her the second she started using her books to push her agenda

Oh, a fun thing to tell harry potter fans is that the ministry of magic is an apartheid government

Trump is the muggle who kicked down the hogwarts door and gave all the nerds wedgies to remind them they're not really wizards.

If we want to make harry potter analogies than trump is a muggle who found out wizards exist, told everyone, everyone thought he was crazy, he reveals them, then leads a revolt against the mangerlist wizard class who lived in their secret hidden walled off communities, and wins.

Bernie the squib tried telling people the truth but the wizards stopped him
The last thing potter said before Donald the muggle shotguns his face is we did it for your own good to maintain the status quo, then harry realized malfoy was right, but it was too late.

i'd make her my waifu and let her fantasise about her little speccy magic men as she succkked my black cock and took my length every which way.

Dear JK, if you want to know a real man, come to Kampala.

I hate this board but I hate /pol/ even more.

SHes hot as f*ck damn

literally this

The Final Redpill is that Voldemort is the good guy and the whole series is propaganda against He Who Must Not Be Named.

So basically

slytherin= bourgeoisie

Gryffindor and others = petit bourgeoisie

Muggles= proles

Also snape was a cuck beta provider, and james was an alpha male that fucked lilly

She's not even a bad writer. I couldn't stomach one HP page now, but I read it eagerly in pre-teens. It's fiction, it's for kids, but it still has to be well written to keep their interest. She knew what she was writing and she did it (I dare to say it) really well. I'll look at you in disgust if you're over 16 and still enjoy it tho.

Wisdom.

I nod respectfully towards you.

she would never fuck a nigger.
She is the neoliberal who wants every colored boy to become a star, just dont move in next door.

>reading harry potter past the age of 13

I'm sorry, but I can't take these people seriously. It's not even a particularly good book for children, nor is it especially original.

Liberals are capitalists that maintain a negative peace that affords them privileges over the lower class.

I bet in the event of a communist revolution she would take the side of the fascists.

>when you disagree with women you rape them
Definitely our girl.

You sound like a dumb old woman

dumbledores gay

can you handle that, bigots?

kek. answering to yourself.
How did you discover Veeky Forums? on some news site writing about ao /pol/ helped trump?

Its am immediate giveaway that they've never read anything else. It's a little pathetic, but at least they know it is, deep down.

>Blonde
>Billionaire
>Obsessive use of Twitter
>Feels the need to police the world on her views in political and global affairs despite not being officially educated or groomed in both

Does JK Rowling remind you of anyone?

havent you earned a house yet writing these bait threads?

If you read big-boy books adulthood could be just as enchanting. If you're any older than 14, you should have realized by now that it was only popular among children and brainlets for a reason.

Seriously? Even her dialogue tags make me cringe. I know it makes you feel better to try and call out people for not detailing for you just how and why they're shitty, but the fact is that they've been absolutely torn apart, critically, countless times. In fact, I've seen more valid criticisms than I have seen valid reasons for thinking they're good. All i get when I ask people to explain why, they immediately resort to "Butuh childhood and nostalgia!"

Harry Potter was fun and all, but I can name three female "genre fiction" authors who are far better than her, off the top of my head.

Ursula Le Guin, NK Jemisin, and Mary Shelley.

how would somebody at 13 even know what is original content and what is derivative? they are necessarily ignorant.

LOGIC something that you lack.

prove it, or stfu

JK Rowling is literally Trump

There is no way someone who sold 400 million books will be forgotten anytime soon.

Pretty much.

It's on the nose sometimes ... as expected given the target audience. Obviously her characters are simplistic too. The twist from the first book is still one of the best ever though.

>Trump is not like Lord Voldemort
Where did that shit even come from? They won power with similar methods but they have completely different goals. Besides, Voldemort is portrayed as intelligent, even most Trump-cucks would never use the word to describe their leader.

It's as simplistic as "both evil dictators"

>shitty old books
>shitty
Nice bait user

>having too much intellect to understand that your typo is indicative of cultural dumbening

Huge

What the FUCK

i like the harry potter books

>women still use virgin as an insult
>get mad when they get called a slut
lol

She's the literary equivalent of Koons and Hirst.

>liking sex isn't bad
>the fact that nobody wants to fuck you is
Whether it's correct or not, it's not incoherent.

Sorry you get butthurt about HP, man. You'll grow out of it.

>tfw I actually thought this franchise would slowly become forgotten
>now we have magical beasts and where to find them until at least the next five years

Jesus christ, is she 12?

No, she's just used to writing things that young children can understand and relate to.

Fanfics are relatively new, so it's too early to measure their long-term impact. Of course people care about literature these days; if they didn't, what is Rowling supposed to have changed? And look at any PW or New York Times bestseller list from 20, 30, 40 years ago. They're full of once very popular book that have since fallen to the wayside.

>Fanfics are relatively new
...um, no, try again sweetie

It's more like "they're both evil." I bet many, if not most, Trump haters would support a dictator if said dictator catered to their narrow political views.

Oh wow people act politically according to their own self interests gee whillikers really activated my almonds there buddy.

It's almost like Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin and Mao all won because they promised things that benefited their constituents.

I'm glad you're on my level.

don't forget the greeks (unironically

I'm just in awe at the fact that people have to be fucking told this in [[[CURRENT YEAR]]].

And even more retarded is that people still try to argue against populism with "yeah but OTHER PEOPLE" without establishing a reason why the populist should give a fuck, and then get all bitchy and morally strung out when the argument fails to convince.

(OP)
>changed literature forever

No she hasn't. She has changed consumerist imitation of literature for as long as her particular style of child's storytelling stays relevant.

HAHAHAHA! I can't feel your bitterness. It's pathetic. Grow up woman.