Can Veeky Forums recommend some great spices for steamed veggies?

can Veeky Forums recommend some great spices for steamed veggies?

Salt+Pepper is starting to get a bit stale

Compound butter.

Garlic and butter

Mrs Dash

Almost any seasoning will work. Follow your heart.

unrated comment

This is how I fell in love with cooking

>great spice
pork brains.

sesame oil, rice wine vinegar & toasted sesame seeds

smoked paprika

OP here

I've been trying just tossing a few tablespoons of different hot sauces,and while they work, I think it could be a lot better than just vinegar and heat.

I tried EVOO the other day and it wasn't too bad, not the biggest fan of garlic, but wouldn't butter taint the veggies?

will give these two a try during the week

Salt and vinegar. You can get a bunch of different vinegars for different flavors, or use lemon/lime, or anything acidic. Steamed veggies need something acidic.

Mmmmmm

>wouldn't butter taint the veggies?
No, butter improves the flavor of veggies.

How about fresh herbs like thyme or sage?

what the fuck

ginger (so cheap, so good)

galric throw them in whole and pick themn out if you dont like them

i'm a basic ass bitch with butter, I think that it ruins a lot of shit. I'll try a small amount in the pan or some shit to keep your bitch ass happy [spoiler]but I do thank you for the recommendation[/spoiler]

this one sounds interesting, I don't mind garlic if it's finely minced. I just hate biting into huge chunks and shit

with fresh herbs, should it be liberal or just a pinch?

>with fresh herbs, should it be liberal or just a pinch?
Depends on your personal preferance. Pic related seems like a good distribution

I agree wholeheartedly. Trust your nose, trust your tongue, and trust your gut.

Came here to post this. Ginger and vegetables is great.

You can be liberal with herbs, most aren't intense like garlic and are very forgiving.

jesus I steamed some veggies tonight with my usual rice + diced potatoes in my rice cooker and it smelled like shit and tasted like it too. ruined the whole meal. I just bought some frozen veggies in a bag from costco -- obviously I'm doing something wrong. lurking itt

>I just bought some frozen veggies in a bag from costco
Peas are the only acceptable frozen vegie

what I've been doing for a while is just get some stir fry frozen veggies and steam them, toss in some salt+pepper and just coupled it with a protein, but I've been wanting a little extra.

I took 2 tablespoons of olive oil the other night and it gave it a nice flavor, would try it again with some recommendations from anons in this thread.

Been trying different hot sauces too and they're nice if you want a small kick. Sriracha and Frank's is bretty gud, but I also have been trying some shit that's on Hot Ones. Secret Ardvaark and Queen Majesty has been nice to try out so far

It's best to let the forzen veges thaw out. Drain the water and pat them down or hang in a strainer.

Try adding them to currys/soups/stew etc.

>spices
Do people really not enjoy steamed vegetables on their own?

>not the biggest fan of garlic

How does such a person exist?

Lime and soy sauce.

He's a vampire.

kek

I didn't even mean to set that up, perfect post

dude, i went to a gastropub or some bullshit, and they gave me garlic parmesan fries with my fish.

that was WAYYYYY too much garlic. i dont understand how they could have fucked it up. it was like i was biting into a whole garlic bulb raw

gross

>garlic and butter are spices
Call the 'tard wrangler someone.

Stop, fuck california, now stop

I am in California, but never really did the fancy shit like this.

What's wrong with what user listed though?

>sauce fags in a spice thread

GET OUT

this 2bh

>what if i put some maple syrup in the soy sauce?
>what if i steamed it in some chicken stock?
>what if i just cracked an egg right into this and stirred it around?

Shoyu works too.