Why buy books when libraries exist?

Why buy books when libraries exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.mobilism.org/index.php
b-ok.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't read books, I am books.

I've been cucked by materialism.
Also I like re-reading books and I'm constantly sperging out and flipping for a random sentence in a random books. Also I get an almost sexual pleasure knowing that I almost always know exactly where a book is no matter where I fucking hid it or how much I don't give a shit about a book. Yeah baby. Find that green helvetica text next to that blue and red striped spine. Oh honey, you do bad organization so well!

Those pants would've been better if the two guys had ancient greek garb.

So no one else can stain the book and so i can re-read whenever I want.

Eactly this to t form myself as well. Let's have online sexual intercourse maybe?

tempting, but unfortunately, I can only reach sexual climax (online or otherwise) by watching me! me! me! on repeat for 9+ hours.

My local library is 2 blocks away from being in Detroit. I still rarely buy books because I have a KAO.

>going to a library when there is a massive collection of easily available epubs all over the internet.

because saying
>Hi, do you have "Lolita" and/or The 120 days of Sodom? XD
gonna be weird...

Because I was banned from the library.

Most libraries have online catalogs and self checkout so you could check those out without having to speak or even make eye contact with another human being. I guess they would know you checked it out tho.

Why bother with libraries and dealing with humans, and possibly late fees, when you can torrent or use jstor. Hell, why bother with anything physical when you could get it free from the internet.

Physical books feel so much better than ebooks.

Why not just steal the books from large corporate bookstores that adjust their workers causing their shrink to increase and eventually forcing them out of business so smaller private and local stores can flourish without the pressure.

Give me a good torrent site.

You would need a lot of shoplifting for that to happen.

>torrenting books
Why

>not using the trustworthy old Dewey Decimal System

used bookstores brah. if u cant afford 5 bucks you doi

So I can read books for motherfucking free.

Libraries don't have everything.

Iask my self That everyday

vanity

Then you direct-download them through libgen, mobilism, etc

Torrenting books is a hassle you don't need

>both sites are littered with dead links
>mobility on google shows a 4 month-old subreddit discussing the site being down
Dead end!
Some things will always be free (music) and others just won't.

Mobilism. If I wasn't on mobile I'd give you a link. Looks like you're going to have to google this one out

I haven't come across a single dead link from either site.

Yea' I meant Mobilism. Maybe it's my country or ISP censoring it then.

forum.mobilism.org/index.php

Also, if you live in usa you need a proxy to download from libgen. Installing zenmate with chrome takes less than 10 seconds

Three years into owning a Kindle and I barely go to the library. I only go when I want to buy books from their used book shop.

Why go to libraries or buy books when ebooks exist

>libgen is down
I keep hearing this, for weeks, and not one time have I had any problems getting onto libgen. What are you people on about?

I can afford them and they're like trophies

plus they can be referenced and written on

most of all though, I don't get fees like I do 97% of the time I check out library books, or accidentally buy Chekhov's short stories for 120 dollars, or have to file paperwork after getting on the naughty list to have my card reinstated and dealing with intense anxiety and dread while a smug 80 year old librarian glares at me, her hot,dry tongue heaving its lunch redolent air upon me.

>Find that green helvetica text next to that blue and red striped spine. Oh honey, you do bad organization so well!

Wow, you're cute

Why buy books when movies exist?

Friendly reminder that there are actually people that think this.

>I don't get fees like I do 97% of the time I check out library books, or accidentally buy Chekhov's short stories for 120 dollars, or have to file paperwork after getting on the naughty list to have my card reinstated and dealing with intense anxiety and dread while a smug 80 year old librarian glares at me, her hot,dry tongue heaving its lunch redolent air upon me.
jesus fuck just read the book and then return it, or get an extension if it takes you more than the generous 3 week window.

b-ok.org/

Why buy/borrow books when you could get a cheap used kobo and load it with pirated epubs?

Because I don't want to read a book which some pleb used to prop up their broken coffee table. I also don't like it when I don't know where an object has been before I bring into my house.

I do both. I don't like reading ebooks all the time, plus I like to have the book on my shelf at home so I can instantly pull a quote when I need to or so I can flip to a part I like. I'm a visual person so having everything hidden away as a digital file on an ebook reader makes me sometimes forget what I own.

Also, I like having stuff in my house. It's a good conversation starter sometimes. If I bought all my shit digitally, books, movies, games etc. then my house would not look like I owned it. It would look plain and boring.

If you're not a fat weeb in an anime shirt no one is going to care if you borrow Lolita.

>Annotating library books
I don't think so user, I'm not a fucking mongoloid.

Eyyy so I want to read Confessions of Victor X but I can't find an electronic version on Libgen or Mobilism, can anybody help a brother out?

Ye. Go to the Library.

Thanks senpai I'm sure my hick white trash town library has a fifty year-old Russian book about a guy having sexual adventures with prepubescent girls, I'll go there first thing tomorrow.

>reading books off of a device with a backlight
Enjoy your poor eyesight

oh u mean like the device u read Veeky Forums on for hours every day? that kind of backlit device? ok cool

>implying he's not using Calibre to convert them and put them on his Kindle

I struggle to find good epub files for Veeky Forums books :(

Interlibrary loan will have it for them

They're great for the poorfag in me. But I live in a small town and they don't have a huge selection.

English isn't my native language, but I prefer reading in english. My local library has very few english books, most of which are shitty thrillers or YA so I would be forced to read in my own language, which I usually don't want to.

I also share my books with friends and they share with me so it's not really a waste.

Thats a phat ass

>Tried to get a pass at my local library.
>They didn't give it to me because i didn't have two non-blood related references, that is, friend's numbers to put in the database if i forgot to return a book.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.
I prefer to buy the books, keep them and read them at my pace without the anxiety of the return date apporaching. Also, i like to trade them at gatherings or book fairs; it's mostly about awkward glances and mumbled thank yous, but it's good. Not very friend-making events, though.

when I lived at my parent's home I just liked the smell of paper, often picking up stuff at some thrift store on my way home or even because by buying I could choose the language of the book

since I started moving around often, I just download .epubs to my phone because I feel the files are not inherently as worth as paper

I buy videogames, tough.. I probably need a good e-book retailer with the right selection+discounts

Point, but a moot one anyway since I'm traveling and don't really use one specific library any more. Plus I am certain I will want to own this book.

>i didn't have two non-blood related references, that is, friend's numbers to put in the database if i forgot to return a book.
what the fuck

>e-book retailer

>buying ebooks

>the your library starts enforcing their no-singles policy

>letting other people defile your books
Fucking cuck.

>Not using OLED
>Not using a device which can do white-text/dark-background for less eye strain
>Not using a device so that the text changes size to accommodate for the user.

>Reading for hours over either poor light conditions or off the glare of shitty coated pages.
>Having to organize physical items that take up space and deteriorate over time unless you're a pseud and don't actually read them more than once.
>Not getting revised/updated editions as soon as they are released.
>Not highlighting, referencing and cross-linking a document you want to study without actually harming it or being able to remove all that at the press of a button

Books "feel" good but that's it.

this

Why go to a library when you can have one?

Why not just burn all books?

>tfw they start charging a virgin tax on every purchase.

I don't like human interaction and I like ownership.

Unrelated but where does Veeky Forums get their audiobooks?