Oldfag here. Looking for some reassurance

Oldfag here. Looking for some reassurance.

Any oldfags spend their youth diligently starting with the Greeks, progressing through Romans, studying the founding texts of several world religions, persistently reading classics and secondary texts, etc., etc., only to find themselves old and not remembering most of what they learned?

tl;dr I started with the Greeks but I fear I've forgotten the Greeks in my pathetic old age. Should I re-start with the Greeks?

Of course it's normal to forget stuff but I find once you start brushing up on it it comes back quite easily.

I always thought the "start with the Greeks" meant more, "Find a Greek your passionate about and read him for life, while also reading everything else that interests you."

you should've never stopped reading the greeks

Okay, great. Well you see here is the problem. I am reading Moby Dick, and when I read a line that makes an Aristotle reference, or references the Medes or something Herodotus said, I'm in that terrible tip-of-my-tongue position.

I believe my memory is simply failing and it makes me so frustrated. But I do not want to go through the texts again.

Maybe you could recommend some surveys or anthologies you've enjoyed?

How old are you OP?

>I believe my memory is simply failing

low-test, I suggest you look into improving your diet and lifestyle

get an annotated moby-dick from a second-hand store like I did, also, we're doing a reading group of moby-dick here on Veeky Forums starting june 17. it was my idea and im going to try to make sure it doesnt turn to shit.

You forget how to use google?

This.
Also, what are you doing here on Veeky Forums? Are you a writer, a professor? What's your profession? Got any advice for us youngfags?

5'7, why?

4chin has been around for quite some time

thank god someone older than me

I wish I had a Veeky Forums papa.

Be my papa.

how old are you?

pushing 40, i should probably just kill myself but i always have this annoying hope that something good will happen or plus there's still a lot of shit i want to read

>forget the greeks
>dont forget all the times i got head or busted in good pussy

who is really winning here

homer is the only greek worth remembering, maybe sophocles, but all those austistic philosophy queers are fucking idiots, sick of these philosophy nerds posting their bullshit on a literature board like anyone cares about that trash

I'm 21 and i have hope something good will happen plus there's still a lot of shit i want to read too. So am I in the wrong path?

well "doing something with your life" is probably a good idea, also it's better to have money than to not have money

Childhood is idolizing Plato
Youth is idolizing Nietzsche
Maturity is idolizing Aristotle

nietzsche isn't an idealist, youth is idealism, maturity is living in the real world as it is

Do you think that knowledge will make your brain tastier for the worms?

For 99% of people philsophy is a means not an end

vump