How did dinosaurs stand and how did they pump blood to their heads...

How did dinosaurs stand and how did they pump blood to their heads? How many foot pounds of torque necessary to swing picrelated's noggin around and how did mere biology manage it?

Also how did a 600lb pterosaur fly through the air

Attached: dinosaur_36235_mopik.jpg (1080x1920, 597K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_birds
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterosaur_size
youtube.com/watch?v=Ky7dDUAPpew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Also how did a 600lb pterosaur fly through the air

How much does a 747 weigh?

last I checked pterosaurs didn't fly by jet propulsion

IANA rocket scientist, tho lol!

an interesting hypothesis is that athmospheric pressure used to be significantly larger but that over time earth's atmosphere eroded due to solar wind

So they could grow larger due to buoyancy? Wouldn't that make the blood-pumping problem worse, though?

no. it wouldn't be possible to pump blood so high in current atmospheric conditions.

simply swing your head and use the centrifugal forces to force up the blood

Magnetosphere prevents that Mars-tier shit.

So basically nobody knows and DINOs are a mystery

Their brains were extremely small so didn't require much blood anyway.
Their heads were pretty much just tools for getting food into the stomach.

What about T-Rex? Surely the head of an apex predator in the period with the most highly refined biological killing/eating machines was not merely a chomping implement

T-Rex wasn't that vertical.
Plus pic related, with a heart that big you can do a lot of work.

Attached: Trex.jpg (500x7000, 645K)

It doesn't change the problem. Small or not they still needed blood, as well as the other tissues.
The argument is still debated today.

have you guys ever thought that maybe all their organs was in their head and gravity moved the blood down into their feets??

The pterosaur used monstrous tendons in their front wings to propel itself high enough to get a good flap (I believe it was 6ft or so)
I saw an awesome program that briefly went over their physiology.

*wings lol sorry I was thinking front legs because they walked on them

Attached: guys listen.jpg (816x880, 158K)

Lol

That's hilarious

Big strong heart.

There were no 600lbs Pterosaurs. Quetzalcoatlus
was like 80kg at most.

Holy shit you are dumb
The motors are just to give off force forwards, the flying is done by the wings
Google "lift".
You can pretty much throw a passenger plane from high altitude and it would be able to glide and fly by using hot updrafts and their wings

Last I checked pterosaurs didn't have rigid, stationary aluminum wings. IANA aircraft engineer, tho lol!

How do albatros and condor fly?
The pretty much do the same shit a pterodactyl would do

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_birds
Heaviest flighted bird species are 33-45 lbs max

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterosaur_size
Many pterosaurs were small but the largest had wingspans which exceeded 9 m (30 ft). The largest of these are estimated to have weighed 250 kilograms (550 lb).

A bird's ability to fly is dependent on surface area of the wings much as your ability to breathe is dependent on the surface area of the lungs. Or as your ability to digest food is proportional to the surface area of the digestive system.

As far as I know pterosaur and dinosaur bone composition was not sufficiently different from those of modern vertebrates to account for pterosaur's ability to hold its 60 ft wings straight in the air, let alone maneuvre accounting for centrifugal forces while withstanding the resultant lift without snapping its wings in half

Attached: anhanguera_flying_2.jpg (632x159, 31K)

not to mention that there would be an inevitable upper limit on bone density, which modern vertebrates are likely near anyway, and extremely dense bones are not even a feature of flighted birds for obvious reasons in the first place. Flexible or possibly cartilaginous bones would not be able to hold the wings straight under the torque produced by flight of such a large body

Do you have any proof of that or does it just feel wrong to you

>flying
What about gliding?

I haven't done the calculations but applying the basic logic that I layed out above there has to be some mitigating factor that wasn't mention i.e. atmospheric buoyancy, novel bone composition, fluctuating gravity since ancient history, etc

gliding would seem to solve the take-off problem but maneuvering in air and withstanding the lift structurally is still
unsolved

So you have no informed opinion or factual basis, it just feels wrong to you despite experts in the field coming to opposite conclusions.

What conclusions? No one ITT has referenced any expert conclusions and Google is hard

Like birds, pterosaurs had hollow bones.

Wrong.

www.amnh.org/layout/set/amphtml/explore/news-blogs/news-posts/remarkable-fossil-to-be-displayed-in-pterosaurs-exhibition/

There was more oxygen in the atmosphere in the past

>How did dinosaurs stand and how did they pump blood to their heads?
It used the Voith turbo retarder clutch VIAB:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ky7dDUAPpew

Dinosaurs never existed moron. It was a way of covering up the nephilim while casting the shadow of doubt over creationism.