Anyone else ready this absolute gem of a series?

Anyone else ready this absolute gem of a series?
I'm on the 11th book and it keeps getting better.

Sad that it's only had 1 film so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Huh, didn't know the movie came from a book

Are the books as comfy as the movie?

They're phenominal, the accuracy is fantastic and the characters are very human.

how much buggery is involved?

Yesyes
but are they comfy?

I've read them.

Frankly, Patrick O'Brian is better than most mid to late 20th century writers that Veeky Forums reveres.

Very comfy

Personally I prefer pic related

POB is awesome. Take genre to the levels of kino

Actually on recently watched the film. Probably the only film I've ever seen that I'd consider worth the effort to get and watch.
>those books though
>holy fuck
>yes
>YES

...kino?

Somebody write a gay self published one called, "Master & Assmander"

Why do women profess a belief in feminism but secretly (or not so secretly) want to get dominated by big, strong, men? Like why is The Handmaiden's Tale considered a nightmare scenario when that's what many (most?) women would actually prefer so long as the patriarch was hot and not some pasty nerd from r9k?

"Asster and Man Commander"

Why do men believe women are inferior creatures but (not so) secretly fetishize every pore on their body and gladly put up with all of their bullshit for a chance to drool on them?

Why do women answer questions with more questions instead of an answer?

woman detected

I read like 5 of these but forgot what book I got up to. I love the fact that O'Brian wrote so many.

weebles

good book
not many books are good
but this one is

I've read a lot of nautical fiction and non-fiction alike. You name it: Moby Dick, Billy Budd, Lord Jim, Sea Wolf, etc.

Patrick O'Brian is just as good as any of them, maybe even Melville. Hopefully O'Brian will some day get the literary praise he deserves.

youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA

This is satire, right?

Is there a favourite in the series?

I only have a dusty copy of wine dark sea.