I wasn't sure which board to ask this question, but to the left-wingers here...

I wasn't sure which board to ask this question, but to the left-wingers here, are there any right-wingers that you respect and could recommend the writings of?

I've read a lot of left-wing literature lately, and I feel like I need some dialectical counterbalance just so I can get my internal argument going.

Also, any left-wing lit is also welcome at that.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacker_Uprising
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hans hermann hoppe

Democracy: The God that failed or?

>when you're right wing but might as well pretend to redpill OP
The Bible.

Books like The Republic are absolutely right wing.
I also like Nick Land a lot, but the whole "Nick Land is right wing" meme is flat out wrong, he's more like a post-humanist (instead of a transhumanist) post-scarcity Maoist than anything.

I've already read the Bible tbqh. The Koran too.

Here are some conservative works, as well as some more dialectical works to help you get a healthy back and forth going. Approach Evola with a cup of tea and make sure you fasten your seatbelt. Also stop going to /pol/.

The Architecture of Desire
>Leon Krier
The Conservative Mind
>Russell Kirk
Men Among the Ruins
>Julius Evola
Revolt against he Modern World
>Julius Evola
Ride the Tiger
>Julius Evola
The Dictator's Handbook
>Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and Alastair Smith
The Seduction of Unreason: The Intellectual Romance with Fascism from Nietzsche to Postmodernism
>Richard Wolin
Deliberate Regression
>Robert Harbison

Didja also read the Talmud and the Avesta to complete the desert chronicles?

Nah, but i've read the Upanishads. I guess i'll have to read those too now since you mentioned them.

i unironically love Henry Kissinger
Idk if he is conservative though.

The New Testament is Left Wing

Thanks for the list. I've already read some Evola but not much. I was hoping I could get a less esoteric right-winger.

Perhaps someone like Roger Scruton. Have you read anything of his?

D R O P
P O L I T I C S

Only if you're retarded.

William F Buckeley Jr. was kind of the last conservative I still found interesting and articulate. He was always dignifies, well I suppose for the most part (Gore Vidal and all), and even when having lefties on, still held his own and was interesting. I remember watching an episode of Firing Line where he had Hitch and some "conservative" on, something Tyrell, where basically Hitch and Buckley just fucked around with the poor kid with everything going above Tyrell's head.

It was bretty entertaining.

*dignified.

Thanks, Mr iPhone

>Religion switches from Ethnic Nationalism to Universal mankind
>Focus shift from controlling degeneracy to encouraging sympathy
>Blatently anti-rich and wealth
>Led by a nu-male hippy whose waifu was an ex-whore

Face it, Communism started with Christ

I've seen that episode too, both Hitch and Buckley were powerhouses, but that Tyrell guy was a complete buffoon in my estimation.

Scruton is a hack, he makes rhetorical appeals to shit like beauty as though he is unaware the 18th century ever happened in Philosophy. Read Krier.

>Read Krier.

Thanks.

Hayek

Sowell

They are both excellent articulators of the foundations of the right-wing (liberal) world-view.

>>Religion switches from Ethnic Nationalism to Universal mankind
Pharisees of the time were proselytizing their religion to goyim. They stopped when Christianity became a thing and Judaism started meaning the opposite of what Christianity teaches.

Already read them both. I even slogged through Sowell's Basic Economics, which is quite the tome.

>Blatently anti-rich and wealth
False. The parable of talents should tell you enough. Money is not a replacement for God.
I've yet to see numales go against the powers that be in a daring way, like taking the money changers out of the temple. No reliable proof of the ex-whore waifu.

Christianity does not promote capitalism. I find mercantilism to be more in line, and the labor market of HRE.

>capitalism is evil
>so I uploaded my own movie to pirate bay

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacker_Uprising

Anyway OP, you are completely fucked.

Dickens wrote about the plight of the poor.
Steinbeck wrote about the plight of the poor.
Hemingway was anti-war.
The Divine Comedy was a political rant against the Holy Roman Empire.
Most religions support helping people instead of fucking people over.

You're basically left with Lovecraft who was racist as fuck and Ayn Rand who was a crazy bitch. Have fun.

I guess I could be more specific though. What I want is someone who argues from a generally right-wing stance which doesn't necessarily have to include a defense of capitalism. Perhaps maybe just a defense of family values, or a defense of hierarchy in general.

I want to hear both sides of the argument so I can have a dialectical discussion with myself in writing.

I also want to add that I don't want to strawman my potential opposition.

Sure thing man. There's an unrelated book called "The Architecture of Desire" by some woman. That's not what you want. You want Leon Krier's "An Architecture of Desire," published in the early 80s, as the introduction to the only monograph of the work of Albert Speer ever published. Speer was Hitler's architect, and Krier's introduction is one of the most genius indictments of modernity I've ever read.

I cannot for the life of me find a PDF thoug, sorry user. The book is hard to find as well; it's... not popular with publishers.

Wow. If that's true, that's great. I'm sure I'll find it, but thanks for being so helpful user.

One last thing, the monograph was republished in 2012, and Krier's essay was "edited" by some woman in that edition. You want the unedited original version, written in 1983, included only with the first edition of the book. An old professor loaned it to ,Ed when I was in school and it had a profound impact on me as a student. Godspeed user and if you ever do find it, scan that Shit for Veeky Forums.

Also you're welcome. Also read the Dictators Handbook that shit is insane.

Thanks m8, much appreciated.

Celine, Naipaul, Dostoevsky (although it produced some of his best work I think his turn to right wing politics was a deterioration of his sanity).

Just remember that any contemporary right wing literature is probably going to be trash. There are no good right wing thinkers anymore. People like Karl Popper or T. S. Eliot don't exist anymore; now it's all just memes like Nick Land.

>when you redefine "right-wing" as "hating poor and brown people and always supporting war", and suddenly most human beings become leftists
damn u r smart

I'm not a big fan of Buckley, but some he did have some interesting people on his show. The Kerouac episode might be one of my favorite pieces of television ever made.

As far as right wing writers go, the only two that come to mind are Kissinger and Burke. I despise the former, but he is bright.

>Burke

Damnit. I didn't think of that at all. Thanks for reminding me dude.

t. OP.

>The Divine Comedy was a political rant against the Holy Roman Empire.
It's not really appropriate to apply modern political terms to people from Dante's time. As far as I knew, he had one foot in the middle ages and one in the Renaissance.

Heidegger
Schmitt
Alasdair Macintyre

Why? He was BTFO by The Hitch.

Nietzsche

Carl Schmitt and Leo Strauss had a good dialogue with one another. I would recommend reading through their letters to one another. There's a book called "Carl Schmitt and Leo Strauss: The Hidden Dialogue" that has them collected. Also, Schmitt's essay "The Concept of the Political", and Strauss' "On Tyranny" are pretty classic.

Literally hasn't read the Bible

What a pretentious and righteous fella that guy sounds like. What sophistry. Literally a Pharisee.

What use does being inwardly angry have? It has no use. There may be a use in appearing to be angry so that you can gain the respect of or intimidate others, but inward anger has no use whatsoever. This guy sounds as if he's glorifying negative emotions.

It's not even necessary to criticize that guy with "Wh-why can't you be nice instead of so sarcastic and bitter? Christ said to be nice." He is his own punishment.

Not only that, but what's even more hilarious is how well he think he can get Christ's personality, how he thinks he so intimately knows Christ from reading the Gospels.

This image makes no sense. His films are a public service, he makes them for the good of humanity. The only reason why he has to "sell" them is because in or current capitalist culture, he has no other way of surviving.

Honestly you sound even more bitter than he does.