So i have a dish in mind

So i have a dish in mind.
Pan fried gnocchi with 5 different sauces to dip them on, each one would emphasize one of the "five established basic tastes" ( sweetness, sourness, saltiness, bitterness, and savoriness )
I thought of:
mustard-honey for sweetness
citric sauce for sourness
teriyaki sauce for savoriness
yougurt sauce for bitterness

i haven't found a sauce where it's saltiness is one of the main characteristics. Only thing i have in mind is somkind of brine or something with olive paste, but i'm not convinced.
Do you have any ideas?
also, if you have better ideas for the flavours already, please write them
thanks

Sounds like a fun idea.
Maybe a salt and vinegar?

Blue cheese gravy.

for bitterness?

not a bad idea, how could i turn this into a dip? just dissolve salt in vinegar?

>saltiness
Marmite.

Anchovy sauce?

>americans

why not just buy 5 different bags of *chips*

personally, don't like the taste, but isn't it full of "savoriness"?

>Anchovy sauce
this is actually a good idea
thanks user :)

tapenade?

Salty and tangy and sheeit. Idk if straight caesar is the way to go but anchovies go well with tons of food types

Gerkin juice mixed with a salty cheese of some sort?

>teriyaki for savoriness
That's just sugar and soy sauce.

yep, didn't remember the name

Where the fuck is the cheese sauce?

Your description makes me want to projectile vomit. You suck.

>yougurt sauce for bitterness
you pallat must wrecked beyond recognition
let me guess you drink coca cola every morning

Are you saying that yogurt isn't bitter?
Have you ever had plain yogurt before?

What's your gnocchi recipie?

are you saying plain yoghurt tastes bitter to you because your parlade is wrecked from all the sugar you eat?

Plain yoghurt is NOT bitter.

what kind of pretentious cunts are you trying to impress?

weak bait.

Dude I know what kind of retard crams an "h" in yogurt?

for me, any kind of fermented milk has a bitter taste. maybe it's just me, i don't know. btw, i don't drink sodas in general, nor i put sugar on my tea or coffee

the "neighborhood cooking contest" kind
but still is a nice oportunity to experiment and i really want to win that ice cream machine

You wont win anything with a dish thats a glorified nacho platter. I hate everything about your idea, gnocci also, like any pasta, suck if they arent finished in the sauce. Dry bits of potato with sauces is just a horrible idea

Still no recipie
Op is kill

sorry, didn't see this.

ill just boil the correct potatoes
then peel them, mash them, add one egg +- for each 2-3 potatoes. then some salt and start adding flour until i get to the good texture.
work the dough to a long shape, start cutting pieces the size you want (not too big).
toss them in boiling salted water, when they float, they are ready. you can eat them now or pan-fry them until crispy on the outside but still mushy on the inside

Im really not sure but im also interested.

>yogurt
>not sour
wtf

>teriyaki
>not sweet

>Salty
Fish Sauce

Salt doesn't dissolve in vinegar unless you add more water. I think that would taste awful on gnocchi though.
No sugar in proper teriyaki.