First day on r/literature and I got btfo for no reason

first day on r/literature and I got btfo for no reason

>Eclipse
You were reddit the whole time

No one cares, faggot

Please stop shitting up this board with your boring Reddit 'internet war' shite

you went to reddit? why? also, i would have annihilated that faggot, why are you such a pussy brainlet, user?

Show us the original where you pulled the muh freeze peach card on the internet

>for no reason
20 bucks says you dropped a /pol/ buzzword and threw a tantrum when they told you to shut up

>le cold peach meme
"anti"-fascists get the FUCK out

Because his original message was so ridiculous that I didn't want to spend more than three minutes replying.

Nah actually I was discussing DeLillo but apparently the post didn't fit in the guidelines somehow. It was actually a good thread until it was deleted. It was regarding Mao II and banning books, go figure

Half in jest told him to stop censoring me at which point he replied with a whole don't make this political theee paragraph response. Ironic considering the post was about Mao II and the culture absorbing danger

>go to website known for strict (excessive) rules
>get banned for violating strict (excessive) rules
>'better tell my internet friends, they'll be outraged!"

This is how every forum that has user accounts is, and it's why I only post here.

You have Paint pinned the task bar? How stupid are you? Where do you work/what are you studying?

I'll admit I enjoy seeing how fucking lame reddit actually is after hearing it referenced for so long

but it is fucking pathetic that you posted this here

p.s. I also just remembered I haven't even seen a name/tripfag on this board in the longest time. good shit imo

>You broke the rules, and you paid the price.
Imagine being this lame

>waah I got banned from a reddit forum for breaking the rules, validate me Veeky Forums
Imagine being this much of a bitch

Reddit is for women.

Its basically a passive aggressive circlejerk where everyone monitors and checks their words. If you go outside the clique you get removed by voting or the mods. Challenging narrative or group-think is impossible, and as such you never get any actual discussion.

On Veeky Forums you will be shouted down, but atleast your opinions stand on their own merit, and they are not removed lightly.

Veeky Forums is more honest. Reddit is passive aggressive and gives you an illusion of discussion, but it is just a group think

original message

>Even though you can argue that it is all censorship that is still very much missing the point in using words like that. There is a perfectly acceptable word for what you are describing, a word that has been used for years now

>Moderation

>Now there is good moderation, bad moderation and awful moderation. On all three of these you can technically put the censorship label. However censorship is mostly used in a negative context where people want to attach a level of severity that isn't there. It is often implied to be related to censorship from governments or to be on the same level. Which frankly, is offensive to people facing censorship in their daily lives and can't simply avoid it by creating a alt account/moving to another subreddit/etc. To quote the wikipedia definition "Censorship is the suppression of speech", which simply is fundamentally impossible because of how reddit works.
So think about this for a moment. Do you really want to discuss how subreddits are moderated? Or do you want to make it a political issue by equaling moderating (removal of posts and comments) with what some governments do to their citizens (persecuting citizens) ? Because in my opinion the first is perfectly acceptable and I would welcome that discussion. On the other hand if it is the latter I am going to pass.

internet moderators are unironically why i'm a schizophrenic leftist

any faggot with any tiny amount of power instantly becomes king of his personal little fief and starts affecting that he has the RESPONSIBILITY to power-own you and you should b eMORE THOUGHTFUL NEXT TIME YOU TRESPASS IN ***MY*** FIEF, THE MIGHTY MODERATOR OF #anime-manga-yugioh

and everyone else goes
>XDDD! mods=gods wicked ban message lmao you're so cool carl you're the best mod ever :)

GAS

ALL

CARLS

>Reddit is passive aggressive and gives you an illusion of discussion, but it is just a group think
Veeky Forums doesn't even give you the illusion of a discussion. Post something that goes against the board's circlejerk and your thread will be spammed to shit, people will call you names and absolutely nobody will engage in honest discussion. Sure, your opinions stand for a while, but the only responses you're ever going to get are epic greentexts and frog reaction pictures. Then the people who disagree with the board's majority leave Veeky Forums for something else, like reddit, and only the ingroup stays. Literal groupthink.

Reddit polices their forums by traditional means, Veeky Forums polices their boards by throwing an autistic tantrum. It's the exact same thing, Veeky Forums's way is just more irritating and childish.

>internet moderators are unironically why i'm a schizophrenic leftist
Sounds like a contradiction.

< Eclipse
< Visual Studio

+1 upvote

I think you're exaggerating there, bud. Even the most contrarian opinion will get serious engagement by at least one person.

if someone does something of value, Veeky Forums respects it. always was the case, always will be

you, on the other hand, have never thought or said anything of value, and are treated accordingly

>Veeky Forums's way is just more irritating and childish.

Yeah...that's why it's funny.

But your posts still stand on their own merit. If the argument you use is sound then it will win a little hold, even if just within a few people.

Over time people come to be persuaded if you carry on arguing reasonably.

Sure, people might shit all over you but you just keep it up and you will win through.

Thats what I mean when I say Veeky Forums is sort of masculine and reddit is feminine.

On Veeky Forums truth, arguments, logic and perserverance will win through at the end of the day. On reddit most people will never read anything that challenges group think because its already been removed or downvoted.

I've had plenty of decent discussions on Veeky Forums. I've been posting here for a decade, though.

i know nothing about computers so i dont see whats wrong with these

I've been on here for about that long. I actually get bored whenever there's an actual discussion taking place, that's not what I come here for. So i like starting a reasonable discussion, then slowly turning it trollish and insane.

>if someone does something of value, Veeky Forums respects it. always was the case, always will be

>On Veeky Forums truth, arguments, logic and perserverance will win through at the end of the day.

You people really need to step outside Veeky Forums. Most people here don't even want to engage in thoughtful discussion, they just want to post retarded one liners and funny pictures so they can get on the latest epic BTFO collage posted on /r/Veeky Forums.

This is the kind of person you're "arguing" with.

Well, if people are just spearing heads and not getting anywhere then its often good to lighten the load.

Veeky Forums doesnt exist to solve the worlds problems. It exists as a place where you CAN have those conversations.