One Hundred Years of Solitude

Is this book worth reading? What makes it special?

I've finished the first chapter and my focus keeps waning. And I can't think of a book that I enjoyed which didn't have an engaging opening.

Back to /mu/ or /tv/ you pleb

The opening is fucking enchanting

If you don't have the discipline to maintain focus either fucking way you should fuck the fuck off of my Veeky Forums pleb

I've found that the openings of Marquez books are the best parts (best meaning has the most emotional impact on me). That particular book doesn't change much, it's the same general structure for the whole thing so if you're not enjoying it just drop it

Dude, the opening is obe of the most enchanting parts of the book.

I think this is just not your book

It's an enchanting introduction. Try reading it again.

>enchanting
>enchanting
>enchanting

>supposedly all posters in this thread are unique

no harm if you don't like it. it isn't that great desu.

>Oprah's Book Club
>Cover clearly made to appeal to women

I'll pass.

It's especially appealing when the sailor son character flops his dick out on a table to show the ladies how heavy and tattooed his dick is

t. unenchanted

It's not a book for brainlets, maybe you are too stupid OP.

back to /tv/ pleb

>being this ignorant
kek

The book is actually highly misogynist, and there are even several contemporary studies about it. (mostly the kind Bloom would complaint about)

I will confess to not being enchanted right away. It took me a bit to get adjusted. I was reading Ada or Adour before this.

What the fuck you are missing out. This doesn't qualify as chick lit, user. Get the sexy cover if you must.

why someone would consider this book misogynist? no "female characters suffer and aren't strong" answers, please

E n c h a n t i n g

>cover clearly made to appeal to women
>cover clearly made to
>cover

That's not the way to judge a book user.

Alright, you guys convinced me. I'll try it sometime.

Women often act like spoiled cunts or sluts waiting for a chance to jump on the biggest dick around. Some fags may consider it mysogonistic even though men aren't really revered in this book neither
Despite its beautiful prose and good ending this is one of the most overrated classics in existence desu, no matter what pseuds from Veeky Forums may tell you. If you don't like it just drop it you are not missing out on anything amazing

Women all fall into Whore or Madonna. The only interesting characters with depth are men.

I bought this in Spanish to practice but I can't be arsed to look up all the Columbian words as I'm reading (I learned Mexican Spanish)

Bunch of people bang their cousins in the corn fields and there is a character literally called Meme.

BRAVO MARQUEZ

I'm about a third of the way in. I'm definitely enjoying it. Anyone who says they can't keep focus or can't remember character names isn't big on reading in general.

Hoe can you not be blown away by jumping into the mind of a kid in the jungle going to see ice for the first time? it's one of the greatest flashback sequences ever.

Is it normal for anglos to call him Marquez, his last name is Garcia

i see him shelved in both the G and M sections so idk

That's clearly his second-last name

it's very good