Why was she so sad?

Why was she so sad?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarice_Lispector
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_to_the_Wild_Heart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Women getting old is so fucking depressing. You just know that they identify with their appearance and their youth far more than the achievements and ambitions they pretend to have.

Women palpably feel like they hit their peak at 20 and then declined. What kind of life is that? Men can look forward to being a cooler and cooler guy until they're dead or senile. Maybe not in a physical domain, but in terms of accomplishment.

Because she knew she'd go down in history as Brazil's third at best.

shes pretty hot

looks too south american for my taste

what is your racial heritage please

She was born in Ukraine.
Surely you mean "looks too fucking jewish for my tast".

She was not really a Brazilian writer, she was Jewish.

I thought she was Eileen Chang for a second...

am I raycist?

So she'd go down as... lemme see, everyone who wrote parts of the Bible, Kafka, Zweig and half of Proust.
That's pretty worse.

And she's also a Ukranian/Brazilian writer.

She didn't feel sadness, just failed happiness.

Nice b8, m8

lmao

A Clarice costumava censurar a Lygia por sorrir demais. "Você tem que ser mais séria, Lygia!".

t. Nelson Rubens da literatura.

This wasn't really part of her biography. She had a genuine, effortless talent and was elite. She was as great of a writer as she was precisely because she was melancholic.

Except she did wrote the most joyful oeuvre you'll find in brazilian (or even sudaca in general) literature.

Who is a good translator for her? I've only found Pontiero to be enjoyable out of all the collections/novellas I've read or skimmed, everyone else just makes it feel like she's untranslatable

Melancholy and sorrow do not eliminate joy. They cultivate rumination and depths of feeling: high highs, low lows.

Well, it does.

t. Bento de Espinosa

she had bigger problems than being sad

The ones published by New Directions are all great.

t. doesn't speak huehue

damn

that's not her

the only verifiably hot female writer of quality literature (portraits don't count)

lack of orgasms and other harmless fun due to lack of providers

her body is disgusting

Her books are literally the Wonder Woman movie of literature. Written to catter specifically to women, could never take her seriously because of that.
Would fuck her though.

t. never read any of them tho

Brazil is very multi-cultural, doesn't matter if she's jewish or not, she's still brazilian

It's not like that. Italians, levantines and japaneses can be brazilians but an ukranian jewess has nothing to do with the country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarice_Lispector

>larice Lispector (December 10, 1920 – December 9, 1977) was a Brazilian writer

Hmm

why was she so happy and strong?

>The Lispectors changed their names upon arrival. Pinkhas became Pedro; Mania became Marieta; Leah became Elisa, and Chaya became Clarice.

Lmao she even changed her name to be a little more huehue.

Happiness is the lack of negative emotion.
You don't achieve happiness, you deal with your shit.

he said shit so you know he's serious

post nudes of yourself. Now.

>women peak at 20
>t. underage dork
She's also substantially hotter in the OP

Kill yourself faggot

Post your tits bitchboi

Born in Ukraine and jewish, just because she lived here it doesnt make her brazilian. Respect my(brown) people. This shit really triggers me, another case of privileged white/jewish immigrants appropriating of the few benefits that being brazilian gives you in the worlds eyes, that is, being exotic.

That's not me saying it, it's Brazilian critics themselves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_to_the_Wild_Heart

>Near to the Wild Heart was greeted as a revolution in Brazilian literature, though it was very rarely compared to the work of any Brazilian writer. Critics mentioned James Joyce, Virginia Woolf, Katherine Mansfield, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Marcel Proust, André Gide, and Charles Morgan. The reason seems to be that its language sounded completely un-Brazilian, as the poet Lêdo Ivo wrote: “Clarice Lispector was a foreigner. … The foreignness of her prose is one of the most overwhelming facts of our literary history, and even of the history of our language.”

Yes, Brazil is a multicultural country, and we are famous for making everyone assimilate into general culture, but even here Jews can't assimilate.

Actually, I'd say that exactly because Brazil is so multicultural and successful at assimilating foreigners, that Jews are even more defensive, even more mistrustful and hateful of goyim, even more insular in their culture.

that was a citation

what's up with her Veeky Forums?

Take the redpill. Then you'll know. Fucking disgusting