Why are most energy drinks carbonated? There are some caffeinated juices out there...

Why are most energy drinks carbonated? There are some caffeinated juices out there, but the vast majority of energy drinks are carbonated. Why is that? Is it a psychological thing? Does soda feel more energetic?
Pic related, the Chinese Red Bull is flat, not carbonated.

champagne gets you more drunk than an equal ABV flat beverage because the bubbles so the same should a apply to energy drink

You know, I once had an open bottle of Vernor's Ginger Ale sitting out on my desk. The room - the entire area - was typical room temperature. I allowed the bottle to sit there without a cap on for an entire afternoon. I went to Walmart during that time and bought a set of rungs for my upstairs bathroom. I then stopped by a convenience store to pick up a second fizzy drink before driving myself home.

and?

It's because they are competing against regular soda as a "beneficial alternative"

>thirsty customer walks towards the drinks fridge looking for refreshing soda
>sees energy drinks next to regular sodas
>similar prices
>soda just says "coca cola" or some shit on it
>energy drinks say "guarana extract, vitamin b6, caffeine" in big letters
>the "benefits" of the drink justifies the purchase
>it no longer feels like giving in to bad sugar cravings... it's now giving your body nutrients

That's kind of angle they have over people at the drinks fridge.

People thirsty for still juice usually just buy fruit juice or flavored water for later or because they think it has less sugar.. Usually these customers are less thirsty and their purchasing decisions are more set in stone.. less impulsive.

>tfw just back from 2-day course about how to merchandise fridges and actually retain the knowledge

Nice blog

People like juice and they like carbonated beverages. So it is only natural that they find a middle ground and gas the juice.

Sorry. I hit enter before I finished typing. I'm at my mother's house. She's disabled so I come over every Sunday to give her dog a bath and make a decent home cooked dinner. I'd do it more often but I live two hours away. My sister lives 15 minutes down the road but she won't lift a finger. She hasn't been around since Mother's Day.

What? Shouldn't the bubbles occupy more volume and therefore the total alcohol amount will be less?

lmao. does your sister wear her hair up?

is your sister hot?

Post sisters feet, please.

first of all this is bootleg red bull

as the fizz percolates in your stomach, it increases gastro pressure, making the contents of your gut move through faster, reducing the alcohol that can be denatured by the acid.
From there, more alcohol can be absorbed by the colons more quickly as there is more alcohol to begin with

>fizz builds stomach pressure
>pressure forces things through quicker
>less sitting, denaturing time, time equals more available alcohol
>more available alcohol = more absorbtion
>more absorbtion = more BAC and more drunkenness

so applying to fizzy energy drinks, the bubbles should force the caffeine, taurine, and other compounds into the colon more quickly, creating the buzz or jolt faster

I wish it was non carbonated. I drink energy drinks for the boost not the taste.

>bootleg red bull
Look it up, Red Bull is bootleg Krating Daeng, which uses that can, is sweeter and is not carbonated.

So it might be bootleg Krating Daeng.

it's almost as if those producers know they cannot compete with coffee/tea producers without hiding their vile taste of shitty chemicals under soda kick.

chinese redbull is dope as af

1. In America at least, energy drinks grew out of sodas. Syrup'd tonics with caffeine in it? To us that's soda. In China? Tea. It's just what people expect/are used to.

2. It also helps the manufacturers can use the same bottling shit they already have.

3. Carbonation helps spread the caffeine and other shit through your bloodstream faster, as Champagne user noted.

Also, Champagne doesn't get you more drunk, just drunk faster The objective measure of "drunkenness" is blood alcohol content by volume

Also this, it's all marketing baby.

im sorry user. your sister sounds god awful. youre a good man.

Monster sells non-carbonated energy drinks.
The lady at the convenience store was drinking one. I asked her about it while paying for my stuff, and she seemed to really enjoy it.

I'll try it eventually and post results in /sips/

Monster Rehab is non-carbonated. It's breddy gud.

why are engergy drinks carbonated?

i dunno so you can get back to doing nothing faster?

no engery drink gives you energy: sugar rush yes but not energy like smart drinks that made you feel dumb.

>no engery drink gives you energy
And hoverboards don't actually hover, and yet here we are.