What are your house/family/personal rules for keeping the kitchen clean? Please post even if you don't have any

What are your house/family/personal rules for keeping the kitchen clean? Please post even if you don't have any.

i don't have any

>Please post even if you don't have any

Are you really that lonely?

Anyhow, three adults in the house. No one cooks but me. I clean as I go. When the cooking is done, everything is almost as clean as when I started. I also hit the kitchen between meals in case one of these two blind folks leaves a mess after microwaving whatever garbage they feed themselves everyday.

I cook and leave a big mess for my husband. He does dishes while I read fanfic.

- Do your own dishes
> - If cooking for the household, dish duty is optional
> - If using a single cup/plate/whatever, just rinse and leave in sink
> - Do not leave food on dishes in sink, that's how you get ants.
>If you absolutely do not have time, at least rinse your dishes. You owe the dish pit a beer.

Routinely check your groceries, if they're growing friends, get rid of them
> - science experiments will be moved to the bedroom of the housemate they belong to

The spice drawer is alphabetized. Not a huge deal if something gets out of place, but definitely easier to find if it's where it belongs.

The knife rack is for knives. The magnet bars are also for knives. Please avoid turning the cutlery and utensil drawers into something out of a Saw movie.

The hot pepper plants will need harvesting from time to time. There's a special place in hell for people who allow these wonderful things to just fall on their own.

No set rules in my house. I only have one for myself: if it's a big, cumbersome dish/pot/cutting board, wash it as soon as possible to get it out of the way. Other than that, I just do dishes whenever I feel like, either immediately or sometimes they sit for a day or two. I wipe down countertops occasionally but not that often. If I drip or spill something, I clean it up right away. I wipe down the sink when I'm done doing dishes. Standard shit.

>Are you really that lonely?
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm just trying to get a handle on what's reasonable and normal for keeping a kitchen clean after having no less than 3 black male Baby Boomers try to throw me out of "their" houses for dish-related offenses. Like I'm trying to understand if it's that serious or if it's a peculiar and specific malady.

They expect regular sex, dinner on the table by 6:30, and dishes to be done.

If you can't abide, avoid the black baby boomer crowd

I throw dirty shit in the dishwasher, turn it on when it's full and empty it out when it's done.

Chequed...it's ezpz, as I'm divorced and kids are long gone, I purchase these cheap pot and pan sets for $20, and I will use one once to cook something, then I eat out of it, then I throw it out...
Been doing this for about 4 years now, I never have dishes to wash...

>I clean as I go. When the cooking is done, everything is almost as clean as when I started.

Does this mean everything is slightly cleaner or slightly dirtier?

It means I'm still using my plate, knife and fork.

Y'all, it's exhausting. I sort of understand the mentality, but that shit is how you end up alone in your old age.

Also than you for responding.

Live with three other guys in a house. They hardly ever clean the kitchen.

I mostly eat out.

1 spoon.
1 bowl.
1 glass.
1 pot.
1 pan.
1 knife.
1 cutting board.

Since I have to do the dishes in order to make more food, my kitchen is always clean and I never have any dishes in the sink.

L I F E H A C K

Nice nonanswer, you filthy bastard.

everything gets sterilized before reuse. but the kitchen is a mess i might put it all back straight this winter.

Clean while you cook
While cooking, if you're not taking care of something that needs a lot of babysitting then you should be cleaning
There is no such thing as "just leaving it to soak". You clean everything, dry it, and put it away as soon as you're done with it
Whether you're cooking or not, you should clean or put something away every single time you set foot in the kitchen

got my own kitchen for now. Clean everything when I want, by hand. Don't go through enough stuff to need the dishwasher.
On the weekends I keep everything clean and do my cooking. I get less use during the week when I'm working because I'm tired.

Same situation here.

Every now and then the "neatest" of us will get mad and demand that we all come help him clean the kitchen.

And one of them has a girlfriend who comes over and cleans up. We BEG her not to do it but she does it anyway.

Whenever my roommates "clean" there is still food on the dishes so I just do most of it myself. I always clean as I cook

I wash dishes while I cook. Everything in the sink gets washed then. Whenever I finish with a cooking pan or pot, it gets washed immediately.

By the time I'm ready to eat with the food on the plates, all the cooking utensils have been washed.

I sometimes wash the plates and flatware after I eat, but usually I leave it in the sink. Whatever minor things get used go to the sink, too -- for example a bowl that I ate ice cream out of.

I let my wife do most of it but jump in once every week or two and make sure everything gets a good scrub. I’ll also give the kitchen a scrub down about once a month. Keeps the grime and dust build up at bay