What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this man?

Eccentric genius, or rambling idiot?

Attached: Capture.png (803x750, 683K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0UAHORcbvvQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he actually did the absolute madman

how about eccentric idiot?

500m into the air will do fuck all.

>believes the earth is flat
say no more senpai. this guy is is clearly an idiot

>1,000 ft
dude just ride a fucking elevator

Attached: 1507972289011.jpg (229x343, 40K)

A 2l diet coke with mentos could do that

brainlet, manlet, and agelet: the person

Attached: 1520535024172.png (500x375, 91K)

To be fair the guy is probably far from a brainlet. I mean, he's succeeded in flying his own goddamn rocket. How many people on Veeky Forums can claim to be able to do that?

He probably read a study that flat earthers have more wealth than people think so he just said it to get funding.

This. Just climb any fucking mountain. What a fucking moron.

How hard can it be? 500 fucking meters with years of preparation and unlimited hickbucks.

>obligatory rant about "rocket scientist."

...or rambling genius?

I doubt he believes the Earth is flat. He's obsessed with rockets, on an Evil Kneival-ish level, but ran out of funding to keep trying to kill himself with a rocket stunt.
Nobody with a lick of sense is going to fund his designing and launching himself in primitive, unsafe rockets. Not when the world is full of opportunities to fund actual rockets that are actually doing things.

Then he stumbled across the flatists, and sensed a Golden Opportunity...

your average ameritard

Attached: bullsEye.webm (640x640, 359K)

>Eccentric genius, or rambling idiot?

You say that like the two are mutually exclusive.

Eccentric rambling idiot.
Not even close to a genius, moron could have taken any commercial flight and would have reached much, much higher than his shitty rocket.

I don't really want to waste time googling articles about this guy.
What the hell is he building those rockets from?
1,000ft is just embarrassing,

>the self-taugh scientist who believes Earth is flat
Guess he hasn't taught himself wry much

i have no opinion on this man except to say many many people mocked the wright brothers for claiming they could build a working flying machine. out of bike parts and lumber. the ones with the highest degrees are usually the dumbest fuckers (outside of actual talking animals like parrots and niggers) possible because their brains are CLOSED

you're a fucking retard comparing him to the wright brothers, we've had rockets for almost 80 fucking years, this is nothing new you moron

>missing the point this badly

was bait the point?

Video of the launch: youtube.com/watch?v=0UAHORcbvvQ

Attached: 15129159902.jpg (450x450, 28K)

Neither, just a dude with big balls and sick building skillz.

there are literal fucking blueprints for a V2 one google search away, I just wanted to look up what fuel it used and it offered me goddamn blueprints, this took 30 seconds, and this guy chose to launch himself on a supersized soda rocket

Attached: 1505937318880.jpg (370x699, 34K)

what if the conveniently placed blueprint is actually a deathtrap designed to kill DIY scientists?

Quick Veeky Forums make a plan for sugar rocket with aerodynamic "capsule" on top that can carry a human + parachute above 500 meters.
I'm thinking it'll be a tad bit above half a ton.

why would there be any need for that, we already know your capabilities
oops, i meant

that's quite plausible actually

He pussied out so many times. He only got just over 300m. Many places on Earth are higher than that (relative to the surface he started at), many places that aren't even mountains or anything. Literally complete useless, he's a failure. Also, he didn't fully heat it apparently. So he basically pussied out again.

Lucky idiot.

specially when you research his history. He had never expressed any interest in flatist crap until he ran out of money to dick around with rocket stunts.

I like the kids dicking around next to the rocket when it catches them off-guard by launching.

That's pretty typical of serous rocketry.

this is now a cringe science thread

Attached: monkeyMedics.webm (240x320, 777K)

no you are a fucking reatrd for thinking that post compared him to the wright bros. it was an example of fucking retards who think they know it all and mock others who have an open mind and TRY

If he had an intelligent mind, he would just send a gopro and use the footage from that, rather than trying to send a 100kg payload of useless meat to observe a curved horizon.

>american monkey has no health insurance

What I want to know is what he's using in calculation for his launch. How high does he go? How does he account for gravity and air pressure?

What do flat earthers think it should be?

>send a gopro and use the footage from that
CGI CONSPIRACY!!!1

Attached: Rocket to Nowhere.webm (480x268, 1.63M)

>How high does he go? How does he account for gravity

That's actually and interesting set of questions. I guess it depends on what model he would be using -- they have several.

If "Gravity Is Not Real, Flat Earth is Accelerating Upwards at 1 g," then I guess he can make no allowances for gravity changing at all. (Unless he can go a lot higher, though, that should not be an issue.) And at some altitude he has to worry about hitting the sky, or the firmament, or the big glass dome, or whatever.

His bigger problem would be that there is, of course, a Huge Government Conspiracy (tm) to hide the fact that the Earth is really flat, for reasons never adequately explained. In which case, he will be shot down if he ever starts getting high enough to see the truth.

But all that is just said for fun -- he does not believe the Earth is flat, he believes that flattards will give him money to continue doing rocket stunts, since he is a daredevil with a rocket fetish.

IF he actually wanted to prove the Earth flat, there are MUCH easier ways to do it -- sending two teams to the Northern and southern hemisphere to show that there are not really circumpolar stars over both poles would do it, or taking a Geraldo-esque investigative news crew to Antarctica to prove they are forbidden to approach the ice wall might be another. Taking an airplane up high enough to see what the ISS really is would be another, as would flying around the world over the arctic and antarctic circles, and demonstrating that the southern one is shit-tons longer.

The drawback to any of those, of course, is that what he will in fact prove is not what he purportedly wants to prove, and, more importantly, he wouldn't get to fuck around with rocekts.

Attached: wan hu rockets kites.jpg (499x349, 146K)

Globecucks have the reasoning skills of children. Seriously, your naivety is mind blowing. But then I'd expect nothing less from people who believe the fucking mind-numbingly infantile theatre known as "space". For the love of God grow the fuck up you pathetic manchildren.

Gravity is just another way of describing the speed of an object falling, there's no external fucking magical force pulling things towards a center. This is a completely unnecessary and unscientific complication when density and buoyancy perfectly explain why things go down (and up like helium). It's the object itself, and the medium with which it is in that explains things, nothing more is required, so can gravity fuck off to the graveyard now? It's dumb and boring.

>His bigger problem would be that there is, of course, a Huge Government Conspiracy (tm) to hide the fact that the Earth is really flat, for reasons never adequately explained. In which case, he will be shot down if he ever starts getting high enough to see the truth.

You're just not smart enough to comprehend why they'd lie about it. You're that gullible type who still thinks the government actually gives a shit about you and believes everything you see and hear on TV, especially if its coming from so called "science". Who funds the majority of science? The government. If you can't see the conflict of interest there, then there's no hope for you and you can just keep living in your sci-fi fantasy land deliberately constructed for you by government education and media.

Attached: 1520284149547.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

The jackass of science...Proud to be Ustater!

A smarter man would have simply taped a go-pro to a weather balloon.

Your point is stupid you fucking retard, a more accurate comparison would be someone trying to make a car out of cardboard, duct tape, and fireworks when cars have already been invented 100 years ago. He’s not trying to create something new, he’s creating a shittier, cheaper version of something we already have to a much better extent. This guy is a fucking retard and you’re even more of a retard for not seeing that he’s a retard.

>I don't need to support my assertions, because I'm smarter than you!
That's nice.

Is that man an aspie or sociopath, trying to blend in?

>it's not rocket science
I don't get this phrase rocket science is easy.
>muh super hard classical mechanics