It's over

It's over.

What's over?

FUCK YOU

Wasn't even a bad video, shut up

The leather club's two blocks down, buddy.

I fucking hate you all

that's what you get for talking about shit on the internet! also what are you so upset about, "normies"? grow the fuck up, and stop moping around

Life is pain. :^)

I love that some random normies are making you feel genuinely annoyed about the fact that they have now heard about Cioran too.

Like it even matters you idiot pseud.

Also the fact that you are getting riled over hipster stock options on a namedrop is even more amusing when you consider the philosophical view of the writer it's regarding.

What a fuckin meme generation.

Cioran is the normiest philosopher.

Soccer-mom read him.

My mommy reads Derrida :>]

is she hot?

Shouldn't we be celebrating the fact that lots of these pop philosopher kiddos will become depressed and genuine philosophers if they pick up any of his works due to this vid?

I am seempl Roumanian... I see Roomania I leek it

>He would have enjoyed Rick and Morty.

>"REEEE NORMIES ARE SUCH PHILISTINES. THEY NEED TO READ PHILOSOPHY"
>*normies take an interest in philosophy*
>"REEEE NORMIES RUIN EVERYTHING"

The gatekeeping is real

who are you quoting?

The collective semiconsciousness of gestalt mind of Veeky Forums.

Emil Cioran didn't even do philosophy. A second rate Genet/Drieu La Rochelle basically a second rate decadent.

Gatekeep your dickhole, fuckface-kun

>Emil Cioran
>Philosophy
Whatever this is can't have anything interesting to say about him

And you are right. Al those 5 minutes videos about complex stuff are clearly made with smartphone addicted 15 year olds in mind. And made by Wikipedia intellectuals.

Where should I start?

My mom wrote several published essays on Frege. I'm not even kidding

See? Videos like that pop up and now we have to read a post like this

>comment section filled with "proud to be romanian" and "plz make more videos about romania"

AM DAT CLIC PE LAIC

WE WUZ ROMANS 'N SHIET

Although many French intellectuals were of Romanian descent so there's that at least.

Where would you suggest starting with Cioran?

I'd love it if more "normal" people took up reading philosophy. But the vast majority of the people who watch these videos aren't going to pick up a philosophy book anytime soon when they can watch a 6-minute video that summarizes, in their minds, hundreds of pages. That's the problem with these fucking pseudo-science and especially pseudo-philosophy videos. They don't inspire a real interest in the fields. If they did, the videos would no longer be watched because people would be consuming the actual material and would have no need for a generalized, over-simplified primer. Their interest remains in the reduced over-arching points. It's not real philosophy. The framing of the argument and everything leading up to the conclusion are as essential as the conclusion itself. It's about teaching a way of thinking and following the process.
These videos are like twinkies or processed food of that ilk. Can taste good in a cheap, artificial way, but ultimately lack any real nutrients or complexity of flavor.

>Cioran was a silly prankster just trying to say you're not alone dude ;)

What they should really do is a video on Ligotti.

Give them time. I'm starting to think DeBotton posts here

>he would have enjoyed