What is time? Does it really exist or is it just and illusion caused by movement?

What is time? Does it really exist or is it just and illusion caused by movement?

Electromagnetic radiation wouldn't exist without time as it's a vibration of EM field (luminiferous aether). And vibration is cycle per second so time is fundamental to it. Or movement. Not sure

Attached: image.jpg (500x827, 267K)

le 400 IQ rig and mordy :-DDDDDDDDDD

image is there just to filter out high lQ individuals lel

Seriously, pick up some introductory physics textbooks and maybe work your way up to thermodynamics, so you get somewhat of a concept for time. This word salad is just embarassing.

What intro physics book describes time?

When you are such an expert present your understanding of time. Time is how we measure entropy, is that it?

What about 4d spacetime?

>aether

yes? new fancy word for it is EM field

>
EM fields don't even exist, it's just a way to express the same force in different frames of reference

fuck you and rick and morty you tard

same as aether

what exerts the magnetic force in the direction perpendicular to the velocity of charged particles?

>luminiferous aether

Fuck off Deepak.

very mature Donald

Movement itself doesn't exist in the first place. Physics is a mathematical construct designed by the human mind. You may not like it but this is what peak understanding looks like.

Does time exist then?

>Does it really exist
By what definition? Thats not really a useful question to ask, its like saying "so does density exist or is it an illusion caused by the degree of consistency measured by the quantity of mass per unit volume" it doesnt actually mean anything user.

>i dont want to read and have an understnading a of a complex topic and the topics that you kust understand to grasp it, tell me here, on Veeky Forums

Well that is what I am asking. What is its definition? In science we describe processes that we experience. Take movement itself for example. We took it apart found it has more components - like speed, acceleration, force, momentum etc. Described all of those components but time is always just time. I don't know that we ever described time, took it apart like that, tried to figure out how does it work. It just is and we put it in our equations no questions asked. Shouldn't time be first thing we learn about in physics and build everything else on top of it?

>I don't know that we ever described time, took it apart like that, tried to figure out how does it work. It just is and we put it in our equations no questions asked. Shouldn't time be first thing we learn about in physics and build everything else on top of it?
No one on Veeky Forums could possibly have enough time yo explain this to you, if yiu google academic papers on the nature of time you might get the answers you are looking for but you dont have the neccessary baseline yet even pretty clearly.

Does density really exist?

Time is an abstraction just like how density is an abstract concept: rho such that [math]Q=\int_V\rho\ \text{d}V[/math]. Time is a scalar that allows us to parametrize different behaviors in the universe. For example, the motions of particles can be modeled with differential equations of the variable [math]t[\math]. Asking if it exists is as idiotic as asking if motion exists like some backwards ancient greek.

but you defined density in previous post. how do you define time user?

i may think like backwards greek but time has always been giving me headache when i try to truly understand it. :/

Not the same user but, time defined simply is cuasality. Like other anons have said you dont seem to be willing to take the time to understand the concepts that must be understood to give an acceptable answer to your question.

Time is a parameter that always ticks forward. That really is its definition, for the most part. Facts about time:
Time moves in one direction, the direction in which entropy of closed systems increase until equilibrium is reached.
Time can be treated classically, as a true parameter that is agreed upon by for all objects in the system; or it can be treated with relativity which is more close to what we actually observe.
For some reason (ask a biologist) humans and many other animals innately understand and are aware of the passage of time.

Ask a better question than "what is it."

the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

does that help? if not crack a book maybe?

Well that definition is not saying anything. Just like "light is the absence of darkness", or "gravity is parameter that always attracts things".

Sure, they are true statements but they do not *define* anything.

Everybody says pick up a book. Ok, which book?? There are tons of different interpretations of time. Newtonian, relative 4d spacetime, quantum.. All of them are different perspectives of the same phenomenon.

I understand time is how we perceive entropy. But how does it tie into 4D spacetime? If extreme gravity bends time and space itself what does that mean with regards to entropy?

Time is the progression we observe as 3D creatures moving through a 4D universe.

Yes. Are you happy now? Go use the scholarly article search in google, use keywords along the lines of "the nature of time" like other people have already said. I think you might be too dense to ever get this.

Is this where the "people who watch rick and morty think thier smart becuase they watxh rick and morty" meme comes from?

Time is synchronized motion, be it mechanical, piezoelectric or otherwise. We make little machines that synchronize with our sun (and our biorhythm) then call this thing time.

Obviously it is all in our head though because we can perceive slow motion. The brain decides to regulate this for reasons unknown to me.

Maybe there is a higher order that governs our path of life or whatever you may call it, but that is realm to religion, and not technology, as far as I can tell.

>Obviously it is all in our head though because we can perceive slow motion.
Really? You believe that? In what way does it make it not real? What about "slow motion" makes time "all in our heads"

is it an illusion... holy fucksticks
/sci is still mental masturbation

EM/field/L.A. - yes, em /light speed, light itself dictates the parameters of space and length and time measurement

LMAO
peak bullshit, unproveable, theoretical, fantasiacal, indigent, circus like, money grubbing, and a complete fucking failure, except for psychos

mathmushmindman is impressed

yes you jackass

nice but... it exists
the shitheads hope they can imagine a scenario of fantasies that blows their tiny BS stem at their base ganglia

All of you are discussing einsteinium physics, when you should be talking of quantum mechanics when trying to figure out time.
Einsteinium physics has many problems describing time as shown with the zeros arrow paradox.
Quantum physics though doesn't rely on the hypothetical, but focuses more on the reality of things.

time is the speed of light, or the em field, set in stone by 186,000 miles per second - it is the ruler and the measure and the limiter and the BASE

why is the speed of light (em radiation)that speed - you now ask?
everything is built by it, it is the BASE, it is "the cause" of time

>If extreme gravity bends time and space itself
note you are using "if"
also if extreme does so does not extreme
so it means exactly nothing

LMAO QM IS PURE THEORY maths
>you have it exactly backwards you moron

Qm is not all purely theoretical you insignificant undereducated cuck, read textbooks and just books in general. Yes it uses math to help describe the events, but math is merely arbitrary terms used to describe the actual events that happen in life.... piece of sh!t

arbitrarily assigned, without proof, and 99% speculation, YOU MORON

Arbitrarily assigned as in one cookie is an singular assigned amount of the object (cookie). They are terms purely based on life

I have a friend that would like to input: the fabric of time is an expression to describe time. If time is crushed (meaning the grid they express time with in space) time is effected.

You gonna respond?

>"light is the absence of darkness", or "gravity is parameter that always attracts things".
Neither of those things are true and my definition made sense, ur just a brainlet.

this answer makes more sense to me honestly. thank you!

other anons tell me why you think this is bullshit? or not?

He just said it was the base, but in your initial question you stated you wanted what it was or what is is made out of, so you just settles for less that what you wanted and accepted what they have told you all along

It was more word salad than the right answer. What he got right is that the speed of light is constant, but you need to time to define speed (v=dr/dt)

> time is the parameter that always ticks forward

that is the definition you accept and I am a brainlet? dude....

We are going to go in an infinite circle trying to find it until someone with an intelligence level highter than 4 comes along to save your sorry asses

And what is your definition? Or are you just OP?

well that is what i am trying to understand hence i posted the question.

your definition doesn't make sense. my comparison of that definition with gravity being the parameter that always attracts is the same shitty definition you gave. doesn't explain anything

A potential is a function is function [math]U[/math] such that the force on a particle is [math]F=-\nabla U[/math]. But if you were to ask me "ok but that definition doesn't make sense, doesn't explain anything, what is it really?" I wouldn't have a way to respond. I hope you know I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely trying to get you to understand. Time is a mathematical abstraction and a scalar that serves as a useful way to parametrize countless many physical phenomena. Equations of motion, heat transfer, the time dependent Schrodinger equation, could not be written without including some variable [math]t[/math] which we call time. We just take for granted that it exists because its USEFUL to do that and it allows physicists and engineers to make predictions about the world. Explaining what exactly time is (other than through thermodynamics, which I already tried), is tantamount to explaining consciousness. Ask a philosopher, maybe.

ok now that is the answer not "parameter that ticks forward". it did sound like trolling hence why i gave similar definitions of gravity or light.

I did want to hear scientific/philosophical answer to that question since science alone is not able to describe it accurately without philosophical angle imho. same as consciousness. but seems that a lot of anons do not like entertain the concept outside of academic publishings...

Time is a parameter like length. You don't seem to question the definition of length, even though it is an arbitrary parameter of a physical object.

Time is measured by changes, just like length is measured in distance. These changes may be small, but they are changes.

For example, two boxes could be identical except for their length. Same colour, height, material, density etc. But different lengths. Similarly, time differentiates between people/objects based on age. The person you were two years ago is not the same person now. The other physical parameters may be very close (same weight and height for example), but your age has changed.

Time is nothing more than a measurement of change. A parameter of physical objects, as many anons have pointed out.

Time though is a feature set of the speed of light/em radiation... it is the regulator and arbiter of change.
What do we get, so we are told, when matter is smashed upon itself - an EM burst - a radiation - this is an ejection of energy, of one of (broadly) light spectrum wavelengths - yes we can get split atoms and resulting atomic nuclei, but also energy - heat energy - much of it emits as visible light, of course expansion, which is EM raising the "electron excitement"(heat) of the substances...
We are likewise told an electron can lose an energy level, drop down, and emit - what does it emit - once again, em spectra wavelength, a piece of light (broadly speaking) (gamma, beta .etc) - electromagnetic spectrum 186,000 miles per second, the very basis of the time function, the basic energy building block of matter, the controller of the rate of change

>Does it really exist or is it just and illusion caused by movement?

Attached: 1517348833535.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

how would you guys time travel

you can't you dumb fuck
we've never seen it ever
time moves forward, nobody and nothing gets to jump around in it