Wtf was his problem?

wtf was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIX_6TBeph0
coyot.es/thecorvidblog/2015/08/02/making-friends-with-crows/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was his subconscious.
And/or his suppressed anguish, tapping away his sanity.

it was a parrot in blackface. he escaped from an abusive owner. don't judge.

Just a normal raven whom the narrator is projecting his anguish onto as his sanity gets chipped away.

poe couldn't speak raven. he was probably saying "quark" or something in swahili. ravens always sound like that because they're hipsters. "nevermore" is too dark and emo for them; they were over that phase before odin died tyvm

youtube.com/watch?v=rIX_6TBeph0

Nope

>text to voice program imitation of poe
>pacman/fozzy bear phrases
>ironic memeing
>flock of seagulls hair and amish beard
you're telling me that bird is not a hipster? you must be a raven; put down the organically grown ethically sourced mocha berry latte, you goddamn hipster, and get a job.

waka waka waka

fucking ravens

Hate to burst your swollen crops, fledglings, but ravens are super intelligent and can imitate human speech....

coyot.es/thecorvidblog/2015/08/02/making-friends-with-crows/

somewhat related

Nice wordplay but this is neither news nor relevant.

Simpsons adaptation is GOAT

>....
leave it to the fucking hipster raven to be the only poster on this board who completes the sentence after an ellipsis. yes, you're smart, we get it, now stop wearing a scarf.

Sad, highly mythic and therefore instuctive tale involving a raven with a broken wing
>be me qua child
>dad very good with and loves animals
>a sled dog racer, trains year round
>not only takes me fishing and to ballgames on a regular basis, but begins reading Jack London to me, over and over again, from the age of 3-- Call of the Wild and White Fang by turns
>I distinctly remember being bewildered at first, but it did sink in
>I also remember wanting to be a fireman
>oh, and he also frequently took me to the kennels, to feed and water the dogs and train..
>me in the carriage of some wheeled wooden sleigh-like contraption racing along a path through the woods, the dogs kicking up bits of mud and straw in the summertime, snow and mud when in the carriage of an actual sleigh in the wintertime and most times else... father: Hike! Fa! Chee!
>....
>I am in kindergarten, early fall, father arrives home with something in a large cardboard box
>it is a large male raven with a broken wing
>paper is laid down in the kitchen, which is sealed off, but i'm able to peer over one of the make-shift walls, and watch dad's vet friend splint the big bird's wing
>for a week he is in the kitchen wobbling clumsily around squawking
>he ignores me pretty much, but i imagine we are the best of friends
>he is taken to the kennel, given his own apartment and grub but seems to prefer Purina dog chow
>i now BEG to be taken to the kennel and am carted there on a regular basis, watching and watching the bird
>after Halloween (i'm a ghost) but before Thanksgiving the splint-thing is removed and within a few days the bird is ready to fly
>by the way, my father named him Quoth: Quoth the Raven
>big crowd (about 6 or 7 people) for Quoth's launching party, the roof of his apartment (cage) is lifted, he seems to hunker hesitate but he's quickly up and out- flying!
>everyone cheers!
>very high Q describes a semi-circle but begins to descend and lands in an unroofed cage (in which there are three bull huskies) atop a large flat-roofed doghouse on which there is a silver bowl of Purina dog chow, and pecks up a bit
>he is positively inundated by the snarling beasts (aloof, but generally pleasant to people) and quickly ripped to pieces
>No! I literally go blind for about 15 minutes and my parents tell me that for many days i was inconsolable but i remember (dismember?) NOTHING of the aftermath
>i remember lots about Alaska- a certain horrible babysitter, fishing trips with my father, a giant pumpkin carved to resemble a little round house that i was able to walk into and gaze about, look out an elfin window (at the State fair)...
>at 7 my father takes another job, we move East, i never, or have never returned

Sure it is. The Raven wd have had to pick it up from someone else, as mentioned in the poem.
Have The Raven and Bartleby ever been compared? Anyone ever notice that though in different contexts they are in fact the very same being, and have the very same effect on other(s)? The difference, however, must be that whereas the raven represents the reality principle (oh thing of horror!) in the poem, the same cannot be said of Bartleby in *his* longish story. Or can it? At any rate, it wd make a good undergrad paper (fun to write) if it hasn't been done already, which it probably has countless times before.

The Poe gig just wasn't what he expected and that was his comment, that he would never appear in another one. And he never did.

Actually, I think he comes to a painful, fatalist realization. Also, the bust of Pallas is of marble (wisdom) not wood, and the raven is of course not a woodpecker.

Every woman he loved died tragically. That might be one reason

OP has never had a girlfriend, and his dominant hand is unlikely to leave him.

> Raven appears over his doorstep
> "Your hand is gone."
> "You can't fap any more."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

From sexy, sprightly abandoned actress mama at two, to intellectually precocious and modestly lovely child-bride, they done ALL died. Never has tragedy been more persistently bathetic.

Anyone read Eureka? Thoughts?