What's your age Veeky Forums?

What's your age Veeky Forums? strawpoll.me/13153293

You made a shitty poll, OP

A better poll would be using age ranges, like "less than 16, 16-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40+", etc.

duly noted

>tfw so many sixteen year olds post here
>they're probably far more intelligent than me

reading worthwhile works without life experience forced upon you by well meaning English teachers does not intelligence make

Fucking old, man.
Don't remind me.

I would disagree there.

What the fuck is "life experience"? A 16 year old who has read and understood the works of doestoesky and Shakespeare is probably more "intelligent" than. 25 year old call centre worker who spends his evenings watching soap operas.

Why is that better? You get more specific data this way. If you want ranges, add them up. I hope you die tonight.

>A 16 year old who has read and understood the works of doestoesky and Shakespeare is probably more "intelligent" than. 25 year old call centre worker

t. 16 year old who has never experienced the bartleby the scriveneresque horror of realizing your life consists of working in a call center selling spots in a whos who to a lead list generated from an AARP email file.

You just made my point.

No I'm 20 and I know about the menial drudgery of minimum wage work.

Working like that is not an enlightening experience. It turns a man into an unfeeling machine. Does not inspire intelligence at all.

I'm sure your innate intelligence and 20 years of wisdom guarantees your correctness. I'm sort of laughing at your worldliness gifted by your many summers and your cursory reading of Dostoevsky, but thats probably just senility.

I guess we just have a different definition of intelligence, you smug prick

You had to read books and learn to express yourself to have given me that pretty little summary of your call centre experience.

There's an underclass of people who grow up with shitty parents that never get that opportunity.

> More specific data
Sure, knowing that there are 1% more 20yo than 19yo is so useful and makes data so much easier to deal with.

"What is your age:
• under 18
• 18 to 24
• 25 to 34
• 35 to 44
• 45 to 54
• 55+"

Don't overlap the ranges and try keeping the options to a minimum on order to get more responses, no one likes a lengthy survey. Also make sure that the options cut across decades, instead of coinciding with them; you'll get more precise information this way.

should I do the poll across several different boards or just one at a time?

do you know of any fool proof internet poll sites? (people can vote multiple times on straw poll w/ certain browsers)

yikes, hanging around 18 and 19yo is like hanging out at the retard farm.

back to the retard farm!

Depends on your intentions. Do you want the demographics of a single board or of Veeky Forums in general? For the latter, I would do one board at a time, using the same survey but resetting it each time. This way you'll have to do some adding, but your research (or whatever is you're doing) won't get spoiled if a board decided to troll it.

Some survey services like Survey Monkey and Zoho Survey are good, but the free options are pretty limited. I would stick with straw poll and add a margin of error, or change to Google Forms.

not the person above, but - why is it so hard for you to express yourself? first you're against the existence of life experience then you use it as a means to measure your competence.

furthermore you stated that your job made you and "unfeeling machine" and here you go getting upset.

Holy crap I need to get off this board it's full of kids.

That said I now feel less angry at people's apparent stupidity on here.

Found the sixteen year old!

so it seems everyone here is either 15 or over 30. not surprising that this place is absolute cancer